Sign in to follow this  
DLJ

***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Thank You for starting this. Rep'ed.

Vegas has the Yankees listed as pretty big favorites.

The World Series is here! Yes.

Alright I am heading out to watch the game. Going to move this to the main forum.

Go Yankees!

It's jsut one game, and they can come back. Suspect they can get healthy against Pedro, but they're gonna have to stop pissing ABs away like they have tonight. The Phils' pitchers throw strikes early in the count; be ready or get stuck chasing junk with 2 strikes on you.

Mccarver, SHUT THE PHVKC UP!

The offense was overmatched tonight by a great performance by Lee. I think you may have crowned the Phillies a tad early. Let's see them get something out of Pedro or Hamels.

Huge win for the Phillies no doubt. I am more concerned with Hughes laying an egg because they needed him to be what he was during the regular season. I think Joba is gonna get the 8th going forward.

Anyhow it is a big win but the test is really the Pedro\Hamels games. The Yankees are big favorites in those games, so if the Phillies can win either of those, they are in really good shape.

Bruney? I know it was 4 to 0 but cmon. There is a reason he hasn't been on the roster.

You're a f-ing spammer

Nothing more

Jone you can disagree with his thoughts and that is okay. No reason to attack him and liter this board with curse words.

I disagree 100% with what he wrote. Still doesn't make what you did right. That is embarassing.

Either? They'll have to win both.

I think the Phillies would be pretty happy with a 2 to 1 lead in this series.

Flushing this one back to the baseball forum! Try again tomorrow. :-P

I appreciate that, its just looking at the numbers here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/batting?team=phi&season=2009&seasonType=2&split=0&type=exp

They had 5 guys with around 100 or more RBIs, and have carried that heat into the playoffs, as opposed to the yanks, who have been cold save for a-rod.

They've relied too much on the long ball to bail them out, and have not been able to put together long rallies (except the 6 runs scored against the angels in game 5).

Girardi really needs to sit some of the non-producers, just to shake things up, or this will be over quickly. ;(

I could not disagree with what you have written in this thread anymore.

You are a Yankee fan?

The stadium sounds better already today, the crowd is already louder.

Sticking with the good luck of the football forum. So away....we go...

Max,

In response to your tweet last night about crowd noise.

I think it has less to do with the price of them and type of people going and more to do with how the new one is built. Unlike the old stadium the 2 upper decks aren't hanging right over the field. They are pushed way back compared to Old Yankee Stadium.

Tonight will be a good test. It will be loud (hopefully).

Yanks look like they just don't feel like it.

Pedro looks good. Just keep making him throw pitches though, that is the key here...

YES said that this home plate ump Jeff Nelson had the largest strike zone on the crew. I originally thought that would be bad because it was good for Pedro. But it looks like AJ is off to a good start so hopefully the larger strike zone helps the Yankees.

That ball can not be scored as a hit. No way.

The only real good news so far is that Pedro is at 43 pitches through 2 innings. At that rate even if the Yankees don't score he will be done in the 5th.

Because AJ is a primadonna.

Wasn't AJ's call.

I don't even want to watch this game.

Pedro is at 59 pitches through 3. He is doing well but they are working the count. It is catch 22 if they were attacking him more they might have scored already or they could have helped him (lower pitch count).

Jump on him for a run or two in the 4th and then he is gone after 5. Let's see what the Phillies bullpen looks like.

Man, how the flying F--k does Jeter let that pitch - a fastball right down the middle of the plate - go by without swinging?

Please tell me WTF he was waiting for?

I am beginning to think that, like Rex a few times this season, the manager just did not mentally prepare this team to play. I mean this is THE BIZ, the world series for christsake, at least go down fighting.

They look like shyte right now, VERY frustrating to watch...but not as frustrating as a jets loss though, just love the jets about 1000x more.

Does AJ need to put a man on base EVERY freaking inning? 3-0 already, why can't he throw strikes to start people off?

No surprise, he falls behind in the count, so the hitter expects a FB over the plate and pushes it for a hit... :(

There is no way you are a Yankees fan.

Nice pickoff by Molina. Completely changed the momentum of that inning.

Hopefully the offense decides to wake up here.

Agreed on both counts.

Huh? Something tells me that you don't get along well with people you disagree with.

You show up and have other Yankee fans last night irate with your commentary. You just don't seem like a Yankee fan. My personal opinion.

Pedro is at 75 pitches through 4. That is the good news, the bad news is that AJ is at 73.

I think its rather fair to say that this is one of the less welcoming internet forums I can recall...

If you have been here since 2008 and are just figuring that part out now that isn't good. :-P

You are just really negative. Calm down the Yankees will win this series.

Dude, I never said you weren't - I was the only one last night that didn't give you that much **** cause you backed it up with numbers.

Max is just saying you don't sound like most yankees fans, he's not saying your not one.

He has also been to over 1,000 games. LOL. :-P

That was a huge 6th inning for AJ. Pedro coming back out to face the heart of the order. C'mon Yankees, this is the inning.

AJ is at 97 pitches - he is coming back out for the 7th. Pedro started this inning at 83.

Thank you Matsui.

AJ for the 7th, Mo for a 2 inning save? (hopefully). I think Joba comes in between AJ and Mo if needed.

Pedro is at 99 pitches. Bring him back out, once he gets to 100 pinch hit Posada. Just like old times.

AJ is at 108. The way he was dealing that inning I wonder if he starts the next inning and goes until a runner gets on -- then Mo comes in?

Great job AJ. Best game he has pitched as a Yankee.

He has been amazing. ARod should have fielded that ball early and the Yankees would be up by 2.

He aint done yet. If he is, its a mistake. Let him hand the ball to Moe.

I think that is what they are going to do. No fooling around.

Regardless of what Hairston does they need to pull him for defense, Melky to RF - Gardner to CF.

Girardi is psyched!!!! Hairston got a hit.

100 pitches. He sucks after 100 pitches. The Phillies don't know this????

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company