Sign in to follow this  
DLJ

***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Hard to believe, but I'll be cheering for the Phillies. Much more likeable people play for that team. I stayed out of the ALCS thread and I doubt I'll peek my head in here, but good luck to both teams.

• Upvote 1

There's a reason cbs sports isn't a go to site for me or many others. They let jokes like this write for them. Pedro pitched very respectably. AJ Burnett was better. Just like the night before where the roles were reversed. Is Pedro the dominant pitcher he once was? No, of course not. He did pitch very intelligently and go no offensive support (how many first pitch fastballs are you going to let AJ Burnett throw. 85% 1st pitch strikes and you're waiting? Really Phillies that was the gameplan?)

Some of Martinez's pitches were so ugly they came with the Flavor Flav seal of approval. But they still bedazzled until the Yankees decoded Martinez and spanked him for two home runs.

Some of Pedro's pitches were ugly. Some of them still had that old Pedro bite. His fastball intimidates no one but if he locates it, it could still be effective. He hasn't lost much on the change or the curve thought. And yes the Yankees hit two HRs off of him. Tex did "spank" (nice diction bud) one but Matsui golfed a flyout in most other stadiums.

Manuel should have lifted Pedro after 6. He was at 99 pitches. Plain and simple.

Still will be interesting to see how it all plays out considering home field advantage is now in Philly's favor.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company