***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Vudu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phillies pitching is too good, and their lineup is awesome. Sticking to my prediction, phillies in 5 or less.

Meh, Yanks are just as good if not better if they decide to show up. They just can't wait till the late innings. Can't sit around and wait for someone else to do it.

Meh, Yanks are just as good if not better if they decide to show up. They just can't wait till the late innings. Can't sit around and wait for someone else to do it.

Compare the 2 reams on paper, the yankees are just not anywhere near the phillies.

My sports are football, hockey, and some basketball, so it wasn't until today that i looked at the stats on both teams from the regular season, and the phillies are just stocked up and down the lineup. Their pitching staff is alot better, I just do not see them losing in the WS, and possibly repeating a few more times unless something odd happens. They are that much better than everyone else right now.

I shut it off a few innings back, yankees are just overmatched. Swisher (aka whiffer) is dreadful, damon is long past useful, Teix is in a bad slump, Cano is a bum, etc. etc.

Cannot rely exclusively on a-rod to hit and beat incredibly talented teams like philly.

What are you talking about. 5 run homer in the 9th will win this.

I shut it off a few innings back, yankees are just overmatched. Swisher (aka whiffer) is dreadful, damon is long past useful, Teix is in a bad slump, Cano is a bum, etc. etc.

Cannot rely exclusively on a-rod to hit and beat incredibly talented teams like philly.

It's jsut one game, and they can come back. Suspect they can get healthy against Pedro, but they're gonna have to stop pissing ABs away like they have tonight. The Phils' pitchers throw strikes early in the count; be ready or get stuck chasing junk with 2 strikes on you.

Mccarver, SHUT THE PHVKC UP!

The offense was overmatched tonight by a great performance by Lee. I think you may have crowned the Phillies a tad early. Let's see them get something out of Pedro or Hamels.

Compare the 2 reams on paper, the yankees are just not anywhere near the phillies.

My sports are football, hockey, and some basketball, so it wasn't until today that i looked at the stats on both teams from the regular season, and the phillies are just stocked up and down the lineup. Their pitching staff is alot better, I just do not see them losing in the WS, and possibly repeating a few more times unless something odd happens. They are that much better than everyone else right now.

The offense was overmatched tonight by a great performance by Lee. I think you may have crowned the Phillies a tad early. Let's see them get something out of Pedro or Hamels.

Its not just tonight, most of the lineup has sucked for most, if not all, of the playoffs.

How many RISPs LOB did they have from the Angels series alone?

It's jsut one game, and they can come back. Suspect they can get healthy against Pedro, but they're gonna have to stop pissing ABs away like they have tonight. The Phils' pitchers throw strikes early in the count; be ready or get stuck chasing junk with 2 strikes on you.

Mccarver, SHUT THE PHVKC UP!

Huge win for the Phillies no doubt. I am more concerned with Hughes laying an egg because they needed him to be what he was during the regular season. I think Joba is gonna get the 8th going forward.

Anyhow it is a big win but the test is really the Pedro\Hamels games. The Yankees are big favorites in those games, so if the Phillies can win either of those, they are in really good shape.

Bruney? I know it was 4 to 0 but cmon. There is a reason he hasn't been on the roster.

Are you about 6 or 7 years old? How about growing up moron?

And since when does this forum allow this kind of language?

If you cannot discuss intelligently, take a hike. You are now ignored.

I respect your opinion but you might be the only one in the world that thinks the Phillies are much better then the Yanks. They might be better, and we'll find out soon enough, but they're not much better.

Huge win for the Phillies no doubt. I am more concerned with Hughes laying an egg because they needed him to be what he was during the regular season. I think Joba is gonna get the 8th going forward.

Anyhow it is a big win but the test is really the Pedro\Hamels games. The Yankees are big favorites in those games, so if the Phillies can win either of those, they are in really good shape.

Bruney? I know it was 4 to 0 but cmon. There is a reason he hasn't been on the roster.

Either? They'll have to win both.

Hughes has lost it. Bruney has not had it since May....and Girardi wanted to make sure we did not forget. Any guy in a Yankee uniform wearing #99 deserves to be waived. This is a terrible performance. No guts except for Jeter and CC. What makes it worse..........how happy the Fox announcers are about it.

You're a f-ing spammer

Nothing more

Jone you can disagree with his thoughts and that is okay. No reason to attack him and liter this board with curse words.

I disagree 100% with what he wrote. Still doesn't make what you did right. That is embarassing.

Jone you can disagree with his thoughts and that is okay. No reason to attack him and liter this board with curse words.

I disagree 100% with what he wrote. Still doesn't make what you did right. That is embarassing.

Not embarrassed at all

This newbie is a spammer....he'll be gone after the series

Sorry for the language

Archived