***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Vudu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matsui has a bad knee putting him in the field is stupid. He hasnt been out there all year, putting him out there would risk embarassing him and/or giving up big plays.

Cano is a great 2baseman, sitting him is even more stupid.

I know, its is kind of absurd, but first doesn't require too much motion, and cano is just god-awful right now.

Sitting cano might get him to actually believe the WS is important, it just seems like he doesn't really give a shyte.

Look at the effect it had on whiffer...

What would be funnier than watching matsui at first would be seeing teix at second. IIRC they put mattingly - a lefty - at third base several times back in the day.

I know, its is kind of absurd, but first doesn't require too much motion, and cano is just god-awful right now.

Sitting cano might get him to actually believe the WS is important, it just seems like he doesn't really give a shyte.

Look at the effect it had on whiffer...

What would be funnier than watching matsui at first would be seeing teix at second. IIRC they put mattingly - a lefty - at third base several times back in the day.

Cano is awful @ the plate not on the field. Swisher seems to have gotten his stride back tonight. I say leave it as is.

I dont know man, he looks pretty average.

I've never been impressed with hughes, his fastball has almost no movement, and his curve always follows the same path towards the plate.

And true to form, posada sets up over the middle of the plate, calls for another fastball - why can't he mixup the pitch calls? - and the guy homers...

got a number?

This must be a huge series for you...wow, you beat out the red sox and rays for the division...past the mighty Twins for the divisional and oh my god...the Angels???? Wow...epic...

Now you have the Phillies who have one great pitcher and a good lineup. You did it...the highest sports honor in sports is yours and you beat...??? Congrats, losing a single game in the WS is a joke to team steroids/payroll...:rl:

You know I think you are a really good poster. But I have to say you are coming off really small in this thread.

I have been to a TON of Yankee games over the years. You know what? It is really expensive. I started a thread on it, but it cost me about $250 to bring my son to a meaningless late season game in bad seats.

What is the point?

The local fans are paying for that payroll. The Yankees are playing within the rules so boo-hoo. Funny though nobody was complaining from 2001-now because the Yankees made bad moves. Now they make a bunch of good moves and all the hate starts again.

For all the payroll whining people overlook a few things:

• They overpaid in some cases to reward players that have FOUR RINGS. Jeter, Posada, Mariano and Andy make a lot of money.
  • In 1996 when the Yankees started winning those rings their payroll was # 1, barely. The # 2 team was pretty close.
  • Joba, Hughes, Robertson, Cano, Coke, Melky, Aceves, Bruney, Gardner along with Jeter, Posada, Mo and Andy are all players that came through the Yankees farm system. That is a lot of home grown talent.

The Yankees win because Jeter gets clutch hits and Mariano is the greatest reliever of all time. Both came up through the minor leagues. Stop hating. :-P

Is Gaudin that terrible? I dont like that we're pitching Sabathia on short rest, yet again.

CC is well rested from not being overused in the regular season. He is 4-2 with a sub 3 ERA on three days' rest in his career. Also, if you don't pitch CC tomorrow, you don't have him for Game 7. I think it's absolutely the right move sending him out there tomorrow.

CC is well rested from not being overused in the regular season. He is 4-2 with a sub 3 ERA on three days' rest in his career. Also, if you don't pitch CC tomorrow, you don't have him for Game 7. I think it's absolutely the right move sending him out there tomorrow.

Let's hope he doesnt have a repeat of game 1.

Is Gaudin that terrible? I dont like that we're pitching Sabathia on short rest, yet again.
It's a good move, if you can go up 3-1 with your ACE, you go for it.

Let Gaudin pitch game 5, and then you don't have to worry about AJ pitching in the NL park, where we would lose Posada and Matsui's bat, and then he and Andy can pitch at home on full rest if necessary.

Archived