Sign in to follow this  
DLJ

***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

It's all setting up perfectly for the Yankees. Andy Pettitte gives New York a solid outing in its 8-5 win over the Phillies in Game 3. With CC Sabathia up next, the Yanks are sitting pretty, Scott Miller says.

emailthis.png delicious.gif digg.gif facebook.gif

img.phdo?p=1eus.gif?eui=2224

More...

Don't let facts get in the way of my hoping the Yanks lose.

:Typotux:

Fair enough. :rl:

But the Giants lost. The Giants lost. I don't think NY is going 0 for the day.

Tonight's lineups. Girardi announced that Burnett is going to pitch tomorrow night.

YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS

Johnny Damon LF

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Jorge Posada C

Robinson Cano 2B

Nick Swisher RF

Melky Cabrera CF

CC Sabathia P

Pitching: LHP CC Sabathia (3-1, 1.57 ERA in postseason)

PHILLIES

Jimmy Rollins SS

Shane Victorino CF

Chase Utley 2B

Ryan Howard 1B

Jayson Werth RF

Raul Ibanez LF

Pedro Feliz 3B

Carlos Ruiz C

Joe Blanton P

Pitching: RHP Joe Blanton (0-0, 4.66 ERA in postseason)

Tonight's lineups. Girardi announced that Burnett is going to pitch tomorrow night.

Interesting. At this point he doesn't have any other choice really. Can't move Joba back. If he starts Chad they will call for his head.

My only other thought was what if they win tonight and he let AJ go game 6 at full strength and chalk the one up against Lee. But you can't manage that way so I like what Girardi is doing.

Interesting. At this point he doesn't have any other choice really. Can't move Joba back. If he starts Chad they will call for his head.

My only other thought was what if they win tonight and he let AJ go game 6 at full strength and chalk the one up against Lee. But you can't manage that way so I like what Girardi is doing.

AJ is 4-0 with a 3.25 ERA in his career on 3 days rest.

I don't mind Joe throwing Burnett on short rest. He's going to give you a chance to win the ballgame. Lee isn't going to pitch as well as he did in the first game.

But throwing Burnett tomorrow means pitching Andy on short rest in game six. I'm not a big fan of that possibility.

AJ is 4-0 with a 3.25 ERA in his career on 3 days rest.

I don't mind Joe throwing Burnett on short rest. He's going to give you a chance to win the ballgame. Lee isn't going to pitch as well as he did in the first game.

But throwing Burnett tomorrow means pitching Andy on short rest in game six. I'm not a big fan of that possibility.

Yeah Andy pitching on short rest isn't a pleasant thought. That seems to be where they are headed though since CC is being slated for game 7.

Hopefully the Yankees get things done and make all this a non-issue.

Teixeira - FA from Angels

Rodriguez* - Trade with Rangers

Swisher - Trade with White Sox

Damon - FA from Red Sox

Matsui - FA Japan

Sabathia - FA Brewers/Indians

Burnett - FA Blue Jays

Pettitte* - Owes career to steroids and then resigned FA from Astros

Although Mariano and Jeter are a couple of class act players and some of the best MLB has to offer...their teammates are just purchased. The yanks do have more home grown guys than in years past...Either way, they still only have to beat out about five or six teams year in and year out.

and boo freakin hoo on paying a lot for tickets. I don't understand why anyone would pay to watch them play JV talent for most of the year.

Those are players not teams. :rolleyes:

It must really suck to be so bitter. :rl:

Edited by The Brooklyn Jet

Nice start so far...

Why are the umps warning both benches? Blanton wasn't throwing at ARod. Now C.C. has to be careful.

Nice start so far...

Why are the umps warning both benches? Blanton wasn't throwing at ARod. Now C.C. has to be careful.

4 HBPs in this small a sample is not coincidence.

Put in pettite over Cano at 2nd, at least andy can hit the ball. Cano is a POS - an automatic out who is completely useless. Cannot get the Series over fast enough so that we can trade/dump this turd...

Nice start so far...

I don't like how they warned us, it's not like we hit anybody.

They hit A-Rod 3 times already, but we can't get any get back tonight, I guess they'll just have to beat them up on the score board, good start with 2 already!

LETS GO YANKS!!!

i have NO problem with arod getting these HBP's....thats just another base runner for us!

and one who can steal bases at an elite level

We're lucky we are not at home, in yankee stadium Utley's shot is a homer...if we can strike out ryan over and over with junk off-speed, why does CC keep throwing Utley fastballs?

This home plate ump has everyone mad at him. Both sides, the fans and the announcers.

MLB needs to do something about these umpires. I don't know if aging as come into account or what but they have been awful this postseason.

And will someone please punch that gum out of Cano's mouth. What the hell is his problem.

This home plate ump has everyone mad at him. Both sides, the fans and the announcers.

He is just dreadful. I said the other night that it was the home plate umpire's calling of balls/strikes that was really grating on me, much worse than the field calls, and it continues tonight.

The ball/strike calls have been so bad that it has thrown the yankee hitters off balance to the point that they have no fuc-ing idea what to swing at anymore. Teixeira, Posada, and Cano's most recent at-bats are proof of this, with cano flailing (as the announcer said) at just about anything.

Very frustrating, and no wonder noone has scored in a while, the hitters on both sides cannot set themselves.

Yankess 2

Umpidelphia 1

Joe Blanton has either morphed into Steve Carlton or the homeplate ump(Enrico Palazzo perhaps?) has a heavy bet on the Phils.

Cano looks utterly lost.

this ump behind the plate is so inconsistent-he's calling some strikes and then the saME pitch a ball to the next batter

The Yankees only have 2 hits. Time to get the bats GOING.

Howard is a punk that needs to be drilled

Never touched home

True. But if GIDPosada hangs onto the ball and makes a decent tag-like a real catcher-rather than shy from contact it's a nonissue. Or for that matter throws out a 300 lb. guy stealing a base.