Sign in to follow this  
DLJ

***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Damon with the heads up play of all time.

Sign him up for a couple more years

True Yankee in that play:cheers:

Thank god for the Yankees they help ease the Jets loss to the f'in fish. Its nice to see such a gritty team pull it out once again.

The Yankees saved the day for NY Sports. One more to go.

I wonder if Melky is alright and if he starts on Monday night?

Gonna tuck this thread back in the baseball forum. I will move it back in time for Game 5.

Go Yankees!

I am concerned that Kruk may go postal

That would be hilarious!

Unreal. What a game. And I'd say A-Rod has truly earned his 'stripes. Made his mark on each series now.

Johnny too!!!:cheers:

Hey drago, what a joke we needed to score in the 9th inning aye? :rl:

Magic number...

191280873_95b8c49a96.jpg

amd_billy_martin.jpg

I have never ever seen a ballpark empty out so fast

Johnny will forever be remembered in my eyes for that AB after (probably) he is gone after this year.

From 0-2 and no one on to a 3-run inning. This team's offense is incredible. They never give away outs.

If Yanks win #27, no way does Johnny walk....no way

I would love him back, but I think he's going to want too much...especially with that Boras fellow as his agent.

But **** talking about that stuff now. We got a championship to win.

The one ****ing time I fall asleep in the fifth inning, I miss a classic. I suck.

The one ****ing time I fall asleep in the fifth inning, I miss a classic. I suck.

Yeah, me too. I just couldn't hang in there. Halloween party, wake up at like 730 to start tailgating for the Jets, Debacle, 3 hours of traffic and crying hysterically in my car, then I was just spent.

As it stands right now, who would be the MVP if the Yanks pull it out.

Moe? A.J. if he wins again? I can't think of any consistent bats that deserve it.

Johnny will forever be remembered in my eyes for that AB after (probably) he is gone after this year.

From 0-2 and no one on to a 3-run inning. This team's offense is incredible. They never give away outs.

At bat of the World Series IMO.

It will be on Yankeography forever!!!!!

At bat of the World Series IMO.

It will be on Yankeography forever!!!!!

Reminded me of Paul ONeil vs Benitez in 2000.

The baseball postseason is an East Coast sleep deprivation experiment. Which is why it would be great (among many other reasons) for the Yankees to close the Phils out tonight.

Reminded me of Paul ONeil vs Benitez in 2000.

I was at that game. Pretty good job remembering that since you were like 2 and a half. :-P

As it stands right now, who would be the MVP if the Yanks pull it out.

Moe? A.J. if he wins again? I can't think of any consistent bats that deserve it.

I say give it to Jeter. I think he is hitting over .400 and he is totally dreamy.

The baseball postseason is an East Coast sleep deprivation experiment. Which is why it would be great (among many other reasons) for the Yankees to close the Phils out tonight.

You're not kidding. I'm working on 2 hours of sleep a night max. Makes it kind of tough to go to the gym or practice after work. It was much easier when I was a kid.

I was talking to someone at work about this...Damon and Matsui are FAs, and both about 35-36. ARod himself is 34-35, as is Jeter, amd Mo must be like 50 by now.

As good as they have been playing - and if they win a WS it certainly proves the "older" guys can do it - how well have we been managing the farm system?

Do we have a stacked deck down there to begin replacing Jeter, ARod, Matsui, etc.? Admittedly these guys are all-time clutch players, but it seems that the next generation of players who should be about ready to step in for these older guys like Melky, Cano, Hughes, Joba, etc., just lack the same magic.

I was talking to someone at work about this...Damon and Matsui are FAs, and both about 35-36. ARod himself is 34-35, as is Jeter, amd Mo must be like 50 by now.

As good as they have been playing - and if they win a WS it certainly proves the "older" guys can do it - how well have we been managing the farm system?

Do we have a stacked deck down there to begin replacing Jeter, ARod, Matsui, etc.? Admittedly these guys are all-time clutch players, but it seems that the next generation of players who should be about ready to step in for these older guys like Melky, Cano, Hughes, Joba, etc., just lack the same magic.

Yanks don't rebuild, they reload.

Not that today is any different than most, but I'm a mess today:yawn:

Good thing the Jets have a bye week coming up. I need it to recover.

Tonight's lineup. Melky is out for the rest of the series. The Yanks have asked MLB if they can replace him on the roster.

YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS

Johnny Damon LF

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Nick Swisher RF

Robinson Cano 2B

Brett Gardner CF

Jose Molina C

A.J. Burnett P

Pitching: RHP A.J. Burnett (1-0, 3.55 ERA in postseason)

PHILLIES

Jimmy Rollins SS

Shane Victorino CF

Chase Utley 2B

Ryan Howard 1B

Jayson Werth RF

Raul Ibanez LF

Pedro Feliz 3B

Carlos Ruiz C

Cliff Lee P

Pitching: LHP Cliff Lee (3-0, 0.54 ERA in postseason)

Edited by Otter
Added Phillies

Wow, our lineup really sucks tonight.

If AJ somehow musters a dominant performance, on the road, on short rest, he will he the MVP of the World Series.

Go Yanks!! Get to Lee!!

Wow, our lineup really sucks tonight.

If AJ somehow musters a dominant performance, on the road, on short rest, he will he the MVP of the World Series.

Go Yanks!! Get to Lee!!

This lineup is awful. ARod is going to get the Barry Bonds treatment tonight.

AJ has to pitch out of his mind tonight for the Yankees to win.