***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Vudu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phillies almost blow an 8-2 lead at home. Game 6 get it done yanks.

Yeah that is the thing. The Phillies are hanging on. Their bullpen is a mess, they win the two games started by Lee, the Yankees win every other game.

Pedro is pitching on normal rest for the first time in awhile. The Yankees will work him, get the pitch count up, score some runs and get it to the bullpen.

Andy is on short rest but he will have Mo available for a 2 inning save.

Yankees in 6.

Pettitte's career stats on 3 days rest are not good.

He's like 4-6 with a 4.15 ERA, in 14 games.

What a dumb move pitching AJ tonight, and now causing the rest of the series to be started on short rest.

God for bid Andy or CC need to come out early, there's not much to bring in and rely on.

We could of had Pettitte on full rest, to back up CC in game 7 if necessary!

Another Joe G blunder.

Yeah that is the thing. The Phillies are hanging on. Their bullpen is a mess, they win the two games started by Lee, the Yankees win every other game.

Pedro is pitching on normal rest for the first time in awhile. The Yankees will work him, get the pitch count up, score some runs and get it to the bullpen.

Andy is on short rest but he will have Mo available for a 2 inning save.

Yankees in 6.

I'm very confident Yanks will pound Pedro. Andy just needs to keep Phillies from getting a big inning.

Pettitte's career stats on 3 days rest are not good.

He's like 4-6 with a 4.15 ERA, in 14 games.

What a dumb move pitching AJ tonight, and now causing the rest of the series to be started on short rest.

God for bid Andy or CC need to come out early, there's not much to bring in and rely on.

We could of had Pettitte on full rest, to back up CC in game 7 if necessary!

Another Joe G blunder.

It is okay. At the end of the week the line will read like this:

Phillies 2 wins

Yankees 4 wins

Yankees World Championship

Girardi can be blamed but if Coke gets lefties out instead of giving up home runs, the results of this game are different.

I'm very confident Yanks will pound Pedro. Andy just needs to keep Phillies from getting a big inning.

Hughes looked good. Marte has pitched well and Joba looked good despite the HR yesterday. If Andy can pitch 6, the Yankees end the year with a Championship on Wednesday night.

I like the odds of having the all time postseason victory leader out there.

You want to entrust game 5 to Gaudin, but God forbid Andy or CC need to come out early there is nothing to rely on? How can you say that with a straight face?

It is okay. At the end of the week the line will read like this:

Phillies 2 wins

Yankees 4 wins

Yankees World Championship

Girardi can be blamed but if Coke gets lefties out instead of giving up home runs, the results of this game are different.

I hope so!

Also Pettitte has not pitched on 4 days rest in 2 months, he's been going on 5, and now he has to go on 3, and he has not done that in like 3 years.

I hope you are right MAX, but either way it was a dumb move to start AJ yesterday IMO, it was not necessary and now everything is compromised.

As for Coke and ifs, if Marte or if Joba come in things could have been different too, but I'm not into ifs, the sh*t I posted happened or is happening. ;)

You want to entrust game 5 to Gaudin, but God forbid Andy or CC need to come out early there is nothing to rely on? How can you say that with a straight face?
How would that be the case? Where would the rest of the pen be?

So he's not good enough to start game 5, but he is to come in early? Did you post that with a straight face???

AJ pitches better at home, and our line up would have been better if Gaudin pitched, oh and he gave up 6 runs in 2 innings.

Obviously it was a bad move, as I thought it would be. There was no need to put the rest of the series on short rest, it was dumb.

Straight face.

How would that be the case? Where would the rest of the pen be?

So he's not good enough to start game 5, but he is to come in early? Did you post that with a straight face???

AJ pitches better at home, and our line up would have been better if Gaudin pitched, oh and he gave up 6 runs in 2 innings.

Obviously it was a bad move, as I thought it would be. There was no need to put the rest of the series on short rest, it was dumb.

Straight face.

Id rather have Pettitte pitching Game...even if its on short rest.

Andy gets legend status if he gets the W tonight.

I hope so!

Also Pettitte has not pitched on 4 days rest in 2 months, he's been going on 5, and now he has to go on 3, and he has not done that in like 3 years.

I hope you are right MAX, but either way it was a dumb move to start AJ yesterday IMO, it was not necessary and now everything is compromised.

As for Coke and ifs, if Marte or if Joba come in things could have been different too, but I'm not into ifs, the sh*t I posted happened or is happening. ;)

If you don't pitch AJ in Game 5 he goes in game 6 on full rest. He has had bad outing so that bad outing could have happened on full rest. For game 7 you would start CC on short rest even with Andy on full rest.

So they basically said we need one and they will have to go through AJ, Andy and CC to get it. I like the Yankees chances.

If you don't pitch AJ in Game 5 he goes in game 6 on full rest. He has had bad outing so that bad outing could have happened on full rest. For game 7 you would start CC on short rest even with Andy on full rest.

So they basically said we need one and they will have to go through AJ, Andy and CC to get it. I like the Yankees chances.

Bottom line, they win the WS, it worked.

They don't, it didn't.

Yeah except AJ is allot better at home, and you would have Andy on full rest behind CC for game 7.

Not to mention the lineup would have been better from the start in game 5. :rolleyes:

That being said, I think we wrap it up tonight anyway! :)

Tonight's lineup...

YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS

Johnny Damon LF

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Hideki Matsui DH

Jorge Posada C

Robinson Cano 2B

Nick Swisher RF

Brett Gardner CF

Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (3-0, 3.24 ERA in postseason)

PHILLIES

Jimmy Rollins SS

Shane Victorino CF

Chase Utley 2B

Ryan Howard 1B

Jayson Werth RF

Raul Ibanez DH

Pedro Feliz 3B

Ben Francisco LF

Carlos Ruiz C

Pitching: RHP Pedro Martinez (0-1, 2.08 ERA in postseason)

Tonight will be the fifth time Andy has pitched on 3 day's rest in the postseason. This is how he did the first four times...

2003 World Series: 8 1/3 innings, 1 R (unearned), 6 H; he threw 92 pitches in last start. 2000 ALDS: 3 2/3 IP, 5 R, 10 H; he threw 108 pitches in last start.

1997 ALDS: 6 2/3 IP, 4 R, 6 H; he pitched five innings in last start (pitch count unavailable)

1996 ALCS: 8 2/3 IP, 2 R, 3 H; he threw 121 pitches in last start

Tonight will be the fifth time Andy has pitched on 3 day's rest in the postseason. This is how he did the first four times...

2003 World Series: 8 1/3 innings, 1 R (unearned), 6 H; he threw 92 pitches in last start. 2000 ALDS: 3 2/3 IP, 5 R, 10 H; he threw 108 pitches in last start.

1997 ALDS: 6 2/3 IP, 4 R, 6 H; he pitched five innings in last start (pitch count unavailable)

1996 ALCS: 8 2/3 IP, 2 R, 3 H; he threw 121 pitches in last start

6 years is a long time, especially when you are nearly 40. :shutit:

I think he'll pitch alright tonight. Would love to see him get thru six innings. Then Joe just has to patch together the seventh to get to Mariano.
I hope so too, and I would not be oppsed to Mo coming in, in the 7th if the game is close with runners on.

Archived