***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Vudu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matsui has provided so many great memories. The grand slam against the Twins in his first game at Yankee Stadium. The double off of Pedro in game 7 2003. Finally this performance tonight. He has been a warrior for this team. If this is his last game as a Yankee, he has gone out with a bang. Thank you Matsui! World Series MVP.

Gardner looks like the freshman from the JV called up the the Varsity.

And plays like it too. Did anyone else see in the "ingame box score" how the bottom 4 hitters - guess who they are - were a combined 0-15 or so?

Swisher, Posada, Gardner, and my all-time fave POS in a Yankee uniform, Cano.

I will literally kill someone if Cano is in a yankee uniform next year.

They need to spend some of that massive payroll on a bench as well, Hairston, Gardner, these guys frankly, just suck.

And plays like it too. Did anyone else see in the "ingame box score" how the bottom 4 hitters - guess who they are - were a combined 0-15 or so?

Swisher, Posada, Gardner, and my all-time fave POS in a Yankee uniform, Cano.

I will literally kill someone if Cano is in a yankee uniform next year.

They need to spend some of that massive payroll on a bench as well, Hairston, Gardner, these guys frankly, just suck.

Cano's bumped up contract makes him a really tough sell. No one expects to lose 2/3s of your starting outfield mid-World Series, and when you consider Xavier Nady has been gone almost all season, worse than that. Get Utley.

Archived