***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Vudu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And then some. Even the Bucs won one a few years ago those bastards, if they can we should be able to.

I just hope they win another one soon, i've waited 40 after watching Broadway J win our last one, and if you told me in '69 I'd have to go 40+ for another one, I would have cried...

Least you got one. Then again I'm 22 and have plenty of time. I'm almost the point where I'll wait like 15 more years, so my kid(s) can see it too. Cause theres no way I'm getting 2 in my lifetime. Is that bad that I think that far ahead about Jets Championships...:face:

Dude, I never said you weren't - I was the only one last night that didn't give you that much **** cause you backed it up with numbers.

Max is just saying you don't sound like most yankees fans, he's not saying your not one.

He has also been to over 1,000 games. LOL. :-P

Jbro, have you been following the stuff going on in nassau cty? Are they gonna build the new islander colisuem or what?

Thats a tough one. I wasn't from the beginning, as I was in Tampa going to school the last 3 years. Got back in August and started looking into it and its definitely a sensitive issue with a LOT of people. I know don't many of the details, other then Kate Murray is being a bitch and Wang is real thick headed.

Ideally I feel like it would be perfect. It would create a bunch of jobs now, with construction and what not. Help the economy right now with a big boost in jobs, and then also later with the Mall, Resturants, Bars, Office space thats in the works.

But apparently Murray is waiting for her reelection to really make a decision, and Wang keeps giving her fake deadlines and threatening to take the team elsewhere.

I think Willets Point is the new spot they're talking about this week, last week it was Brooklyn with the Nets.

All that jazz about Kansas City was nonsense, cause KC is ready for a team now. The Isles have way too many years left on there lease with the Coliseum to even consider that.

Not much progress yet though.

Least you got one. Then again I'm 22 and have plenty of time. I'm almost the point where I'll wait like 15 more years, so my kid(s) can see it too. Cause theres no way I'm getting 2 in my lifetime. Is that bad that I think that far ahead about Jets Championships...:face:

Ha, well they do seem to measure jet SBs in generational time frames... ;(

But then when they finally win it'll be that much more incredible.

Though in the mi-80s, given the team we had, I really expected at least one or two. THOSE teams were just unreal... :rolleyes:

Ha, well they do seem to measure jet SBs in generational time frames... ;(

But then when they finally win it'll be that much more incredible.

Though in the mi-80s, given the team we had, I really expected at least one or two. THOSE teams were just unreal... :rolleyes:

Missed those too, born in 87.

All I have as far as memories is Chrebet, Martin, Testerverde in 98.

Thats a tough one. I wasn't from the beginning, as I was in Tampa going to school the last 3 years. Got back in August and started looking into it and its definitely a sensitive issue with a LOT of people. I know don't many of the details, other then Kate Murray is being a bitch and Wang is real thick headed.

Ideally I feel like it would be perfect. It would create a bunch of jobs now, with construction and what not. Help the economy right now with a big boost in jobs, and then also later with the Mall, Resturants, Bars, Office space thats in the works.

But apparently Murray is waiting for her reelection to really make a decision, and Wang keeps giving her fake deadlines and threatening to take the team elsewhere.

I think Willets Point is the new spot they're talking about this week, last week it was Brooklyn with the Nets.

All that jazz about Kansas City was nonsense, cause KC is ready for a team now. The Isles have way too many years left on there lease with the Coliseum to even consider that.

Not much progress yet though.

I think had queens gotten its shyte together, with a football stadium, a baseball stadium and an islander facility that could have also held the nets perhaps, all in the area where citifield is now, with willets point converted over from the dump it is now, would have been great. It is one of the few spots in the area with the space to have to have held all of the needed facilites, plus is close to many highways.

But then, you need a mayor with broad vision to pull something like that off, and Bloomberg has none, only a will to help super rich developers.

Back to the game, we keep hitting HRs - with noone on base - its as if we're allergic to rallies.

Missed those too, born in 87.

All I have as far as memories is Chrebet, Martin, Testerverde in 98.

Man, you missed some of the glory days, the sack exchange, plus freeman McRib dancing and Ken O hitting wesley all over the field, those were the days.

Had f--king gastineau not conducted a stupid roughing the passer penalty in '87 against the browns with 2 or 3 minutes left, and the jets up 20-10, they would have played denver in the AFC title game - who they'd crushed IN denver on a monday night game.

Not sure if they would have beaten the giants in the SB, but maybe...

The jets in the mid-80s used to fill up the pro bowl with tons of players on both sides of the ball, they just had such a great scouting system then, just a superb knack at finding excellent players in the draft.

Archived