Justin Miller

Smashmouth

Dont we have like 4 guys with return experience?

Ahmad Carrol, Brad Smith, Dwight Lowery, you gotta imagine Leonhard can do it as well.

Justin Miller would be interesting. I'm just against using a roster spot for someone that is only used for one aspect of the game. Justin Miller is a waste of space outside kick offs.

Then why are Brad Smith and Wallace Wright on the team ? A kick returner who can also play in kick coverage and provide some depth in the secondary is better than some JAG in the secondary who provides nothing near what Miller can fill.

Sorry, its nothing personal, its just that I never bother to read your posts. I only assume others do the same, so its probably good for me to say it anyway.

Dont we have like 4 guys with return experience?

Ahmad Carrol, Brad Smith, Dwight Lowery, you gotta imagine Leonhard can do it as well.

Justin Miller would be interesting. I'm just against using a roster spot for someone that is only used for one aspect of the game. Justin Miller is a waste of space outside kick offs.

ih8u both

JiF keep in mind how Important the return game and Field position is. Not to mention Miller knows Westoffs schemes. I dont know if we have anyone on this team as capable as Miller to return kicks and be a threat.

I saw mention of Clowney or Carroll and to be honest Clowney is too fragile to return kicks and carroll is no Miller

I'm very mindful of field position and the importance of a solid return game. I just dont see how Justin Miller is the answer. There's a reason he's not on a roster, returning kicks is all he does and not too many teams keep a roster spot for someone who ONLY returns kicks. They need to be able to provide value some where else on the field and Justin Miller doesnt have any value outside of KR, and who's to say he can even do that anymore?

ih8u both

I'm very mindful of field position and the importance of a solid return game. I just dont see how Justin Miller is the answer. There's a reason he's not on a roster, returning kicks is all he does and not too many teams keep a roster spot for someone who ONLY returns kicks. They need to be able to provide value some where else on the field and Justin Miller doesnt have any value outside of KR, and who's to say he can even do that anymore?

Well JIF I think someone stated he did return 2 kicks last year and the reason hes not on our roster is because we had Leon and Leonhard. Im pretty sure he would be the full time returner both types and be on all coverages.

I guess will just have to wait and see how the team views it. I think if Westhoff has a say Miller will be a Jet again.

To be honest Im not sure why the Jets never tried him at RB. He runs hard, breaks tackles, can catch the football and has breakaway speed so why was that option never looked into.

Washington is going to be on IR so we'll have an extra spot.

Does anyone have any idea why Miller was never signed by anyone yet?

He's a terrible defensive back?

Then why are Brad Smith and Wallace Wright on the team ? A kick returner who can also play in kick coverage and provide some depth in the secondary is better than some JAG in the secondary who provides nothing near what Miller can fill.

Brad Smith has forged a multi-purpose role on this team, and Wright is a pro bowl caliber special teamer who's still not a lost cause at his listed position. Both of these guys could be looked at to fill the KOR job. This is one area where I tend to trust in the the coaches. I'm thinking Westoff can get 25 ypr from just about anyone he decides to throw back there.

But again, if Westoff wants to look at Miller they should -by all means- bring him in. If he thinks that's his best option, Rex should give it to him.

My gut feeling is that know what Miller brings to the table, though, and they'll look elsewhere to fill any voids on the roster.

He's a terrible defensive back?

Brad Smith has forged a multi-purpose role on this team, and Wright is a pro bowl caliber special teamer who's still not a lost cause at his listed position. Both of these guys could be looked at to fill the KOR job. This is one area where I tend to trust in the the coaches. I'm thinking Westoff can get 25 ypr from just about anyone he decides to throw back there.

But again, if Westoff wants to look at Miller they should -by all means- bring him in. If he thinks that's his best option, Rex should give it to him.

My gut feeling is that know what Miller brings to the table, though, and they'll look elsewhere to fill any voids on the roster.

Hey slats I agree on Smith and Wright I was just making a point of some sort :D

Didnt Miller make the probowl as well ? He also played on coevrage teams and was a demon from what I remember correct me if im wrong/

Didnt Miller make the probowl as well ? He also played on coevrage teams and was a demon from what I remember correct me if im wrong/

Pre-injury.

We agree in our faith in Westoff, and that he should be given the tools he needs to excel in his position. Where we disagree is about how we think Westoff feels about Miller. I think he passes.

Jets will be spending a lot more energy trying to find NT prospects the rest of the year than returners. Probably be a lot of big man shuffling on the practice squad from here on out.

He made the pro bowl as a returner. He played cover teams, but IMO he was no demon and he was significantly worse than both Wright and Smith on the cover teams. Worse than Ahmad Carroll too. Aundrae Allison would have been the perfect answer. Too bad he blew his knee out the last preseason game.

Brad Smith and Wallace Wright are beasts on ST. And both of them are used on offense. Wright had a couple of nice catches last week and Smith gives us versatitlity on offense. Much more valuable players than Miller. Carrol would be a different argument and one I'd agree with. Smith and Wallace are solid players that provide value to this team outside of ST.

Well JIF I think someone stated he did return 2 kicks last year and the reason hes not on our roster is because we had Leon and Leonhard. Im pretty sure he would be the full time returner both types and be on all coverages.

I guess will just have to wait and see how the team views it. I think if Westhoff has a say Miller will be a Jet again.

To be honest Im not sure why the Jets never tried him at RB. He runs hard, breaks tackles, can catch the football and has breakaway speed so why was that option never looked into.

Miller was absolutely horrible at fielding punts. He literally lost us 2 games. His only use is KR's and beyond that he's terrible. That's why he is not on our roster. Leon and Leonhard are perfect examples of what I'm talking about. Teams dont want to occupy a roster spot for just a KR. They have to do something else. Justin Miller cant do anything besides KR's, therefore, he has no use on a roster.

I think Brad Smith would be a good option for returning kicks. As much abuse as the guy gets for his recieving skills he's absolutely outstanding with the ball in his hands. He's may not have elite speed but he's very elusive and more physical than people give him credit for. I'd be very comfortable with him as Kick Returner.

its true! Leon does not fit well in this offensse. There wont be much of a drop off if any at all with our production. As a matter of fact our running game might be better. Pick up Jusitn Miller and use hime just for Kick Returns since that is the only thing he can do anyway. Or better yet give him a shot at a back up safety spot as well, after all he can run and hit and he is probably better than that inhdiegbo. thoughts?

I love how a lot of people are saying how leon doesn't fit in our offense when you would kill to have him back. Anyway, there's a reason why we led the league in kickoff return yards for years with leon and miller...Mike Westoff. He is the best special teams coach in the league. Of course no one can find and hit the hole like Leon does on our team but we probably have someone on our roster than can return punts for us...It's not like Leon had any amazing returns this year anyway.

its true! Leon does not fit well in this offensse. There wont be much of a drop off if any at all with our production. As a matter of fact our running game might be better. Pick up Jusitn Miller and use hime just for Kick Returns since that is the only thing he can do anyway. Or better yet give him a shot at a back up safety spot as well, after all he can run and hit and he is probably better than that inhdiegbo. thoughts?

and by the way, try not to copy and paste your own posts in different threads...that's lame.

I love how a lot of people are saying how leon doesn't fit in our offense when you would kill to have him back. Anyway, there's a reason why we led the league in kickoff return yards for years with leon and miller...Mike Westoff. He is the best special teams coach in the league. Of course no one can find and hit the hole like Leon does on our team but we probably have someone on our roster than can return punts for us...It's not like Leon had any amazing returns this year anyway.

Sorry not to single you out penguini alot of others are saying the same thing but I disagree with the bolded statement LW's returns against the Pats were a huge and I mean huge reason we won that game I actually think we lose if it wasnt for those returns.

Leon Washington (currently 27 years old) with the Jets:

117 returns, 2986 yards, 25.5 average, 4 TD's

Justin Miller (currently 25 years old) with the Jets:

109 returns, 2951 yards, 26.2 average, 3 TD's

I will always remember being at the Colts game when he busted the one up the middle running the kicker over like a mack truck for the score. Welcome back Justin. Please don;t punch no bitches this time.

I will always remember being at the Colts game when he busted the one up the middle running the kicker over like a mack truck for the score. Welcome back Justin. Please don;t punch no bitches this time.

No Bitches Crush, its the HO's he punches. The HO"S :box:

Archived