Could patriots potentially lose THREE in a row this season?were still in it.

Jetkid94

I never once said he wasn't important to the Pats offense. I only suggested the TRUTH which is he is not as important as Randy Moss.

Wes Welker is a very good slot receiver, the way Pats fans slurp his nuts is ridiculous when David Clowney could do that job on that team just as well.

Wrong again. He is more important than Randy. He's the best slot reciever in the game - let alone "good." Clowney could never be as effective as Wes.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never once said he wasn't important to the Pats offense. I only suggested the TRUTH which is he is not as important as Randy Moss.

Wes Welker is a very good slot receiver, the way Pats fans slurp his nuts is ridiculous when David Clowney could do that job on that team just as well.

:rl: :rl: :rl:

Did you know that Welker was the leader in receptions for the 2006 Dolphins? Welker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clowney

Wrong again. He is more important than Randy. He's the best slot reciever in the game - let alone "good." Clowney could never be as effective as Wes.

There are a million WRs who could do what welker does and Edelman looked EXACTLY like Welker against us in week 2. He plays w/ the best QB in the game and one of the most dangerous WRs. Welker is a GOOD player but vastly overrated.

There are a million WRs who could do what welker does and Edelman looked EXACTLY like Welker against us in week 2. He plays w/ the best QB in the game and one of the most dangerous WRs. Welker is a GOOD player but vastly overrated.

If there are million WRs that could do what Welker does why don't the stats show it? Many teams run the bubble screen and the spread offense nowadays.

BTW: Welker caught 112 passes with Brady in 2007 and 110 with Cassel in 2008. He would have caught more in 2008 if the wind in Buffalo wasn't 50 mph in the last game of the season.

If there are million WRs that could do what Welker does why don't the stats show it? Many teams run the bubble screen and the spread offense nowadays.

BTW: Welker caught 112 passes with Brady in 2007 and 110 with Cassel in 2008. He would have caught more in 2008 if the wind in Buffalo wasn't 50 mph in the last game of the season.

what % of catches were bubbles?

Pats fans can say whatever they want about Welker being 100 times the player that Edelman is but they can't deny that when Edelmans played that role he's looked pretty ****ing good.

PatriotReign on Edelmans performance in the preseason:

Originally Posted by PatriotReign37 viewpost.gif

On the 2nd TD, Wes Welker drew the Safety up and into double coverage.

Just sayin.

Wait, what?

Who do you think I am; Sperm? I can't come up with those kind of stats! He catches a lot of slants as well.

between slants and bubbles..yes i concur 90% of catches fall into these 2 categories

so his # of catches will always be on high end of spectrum...Not

necesarily awesome...Give me Desean Jackson any day of week

if he was catching 6-8 posts every week..different story

impossible to stop him from catching a bubble, runs well after catch no question about that

We just beat up on the pathetic Oakland Raiders and now we are talking division hopes again???

:face:

Seriously.. Anyone who wonders why patsy trolls like spending so much time around here should look no further then the last 2 weeks...

We lost 2 pro bowl players the last 2 weeks, but because Oakland laid down for us after Russel threw the game away early, we're right back in the hunt.

If we win this week and Sanchex throws less then 3 int's, I'm certain there will be more talk of SB next week..

There aren't a million Tom Brady's and Randy Moss' playing alongside those other players.

110 dump offs from cassell. he finally caught some TDs in 2007 but went back to not catching TDs last year and he's acthing Tds again this year. he's a nice player but nothig special.

The Pats offense is annoying to watch. That being said, Welker is very good at the bubble screen/quick slant plays as it always seems he breaks at least one tackle before falling forward for a first down.

He's a pest to defend. He's not Randy Moss though. When Edelman replaced Welker in the Jets game, it looked almost identical to Welker.

That position you could make an argument for being more important than Moss. But, its much easier to replace a Welker than a Moss.

Their offense is geared around the slot guy. And with how good Brady is, a lot pf players could fill that role.

Seriously.. Anyone who wonders why patsy trolls like spending so much time around here should look no further then the last 2 weeks...

We lost 2 pro bowl players the last 2 weeks, but because Oakland laid down for us after Russel threw the game away early, we're right back in the hunt.

If we win this week and Sanchex throws less then 3 int's, I'm certain there will be more talk of SB next week..

I wish I could say I'm looking forward to it, but I dont see us victorious after Sunday's meeting.

The Pats offense is annoying to watch. That being said, Welker is very good at the bubble screen/quick slant plays as it always seems he breaks at least one tackle before falling forward for a first down.

He's a pest to defend. He's not Randy Moss though. When Edelman replaced Welker in the Jets game, it looked almost identical to Welker.

That position you could make an argument for being more important than Moss. But, its much easier to replace a Welker than a Moss.

Their offense is geared around the slot guy. And with how good Brady is, a lot pf players could fill that role.

Great assessment. I personally dont see the hype with Welker. Welker is a good player who is great in that system but I'm pretty sure there are others that could do the same. I'm pretty sure there's a ton of players that can do what he does in that offense and Edelman proved that IMO.

And the offense is geared around the slot guy based off what defenses have to do to defend Randy Moss.

Great assessment. I personally dont see the hype with Welker. Welker is a good player who is great in that system but I'm pretty sure there are others that could do the same. I'm pretty sure there's a ton of players that can do what he does in that offense and Edelman proved that IMO.

And the offense is geared around the slot guy based off what defenses have to do to defend Randy Moss.

Edelman had a great debut with 8 catches against the Jets. He followed that up with 3 catches against the Falcons. Welker didn't play in those games.

Welker is averaging 9 receptions a game this season and 7.5 receptions a game since he joined the Pats.

Edelman had a great debut with 8 catches against the Jets. He followed that up with 3 catches against the Falcons. Welker didn't play in those games.

Welker is averaging 9 receptions a game this season and 7.5 receptions a game since he joined the Pats.

wasnt falcon game played in poor conditions? just sayin

They'll crush Miami off the bye, lose to the Colts (they ain't in the Colts league this year,) beat us in a close one and get smacked around by the Saints.

Haven't you said the exact same thing in ALL our Super Bowl years as well? I'm confused by all the love I'm seeing directed towards the Colts. Don't get me wrong, I respect them. They're most likely a very good team but how can you get THAT much love for beating a bunch of weaklings. The Colts have yet to play a single game against a team that began the day with a winning record. (Arizona didn't start winning games until after their 1-2 start). The Colts could very well turn out to be the best team in the league but I'll reserve my praise until they earn it with victories over respectable opponents.

Colts 2009 Opponents: (Record at gametime)-(Current Record)

Wk1: Jacksonville (0-0)-(3-3)

Wk2: @ Miami (0-1)-(2-4)

Wk3: @ Arizona (1-1)-(4-2)

Wk4: Seattle (1-2)-(2-4)

Wk5: @ Tennessee (0-4)(0-6)

Wk6: Bye

Wk7: @ St. Louis (0-6)(0-7)

Total Record of Colts Opponents entering game: 2-14

Total Record of Colts Opponents: 11-26

Let's compare that to the Patriots.

Patriots 2009 Opponents: (Record at gametime)-(Current Record)

Wk1: Buffalo (0-0)-(3-4)

Wk2: @ NYJ (1-0)-(4-3)

Wk3: Atlanta (2-0)-(4-2)

Wk4: Baltimore (3-0)-(3-3)

Wk5: @ Denver (4-0)(6-0)

Wk6: Tennessee (0-5)-(0-6)

Wk7: @ Tampa Bay (0-6)(0-7)

Total Record of Patriots Opponents entering game: 10-11 (first five opponents were 10-0)

Total Record of Patriots Opponents: 20-25 (first five opponents were 20-12)

Haven't you said the exact same thing in ALL our Super Bowl years as well? I'm confused by all the love I'm seeing directed towards the Colts. Don't get me wrong, I respect them. They're most likely a very good team but how can you get THAT much love for beating a bunch of weaklings. The Colts have yet to play a single game against a team that began the day with a winning record. (Arizona didn't start winning games until after their 1-2 start). The Colts could very well turn out to be the best team in the league but I'll reserve my praise until they earn it with victories over respectable opponents.

Colts 2009 Opponents: (Record at gametime)-(Current Record)

Wk1: Jacksonville (0-0)-(3-3)

Wk2: @ Miami (0-1)-(2-4)

Wk3: @ Arizona (1-1)-(4-2)

Wk4: Seattle (1-2)-(2-4)

Wk5: @ Tennessee (0-4)(0-6)

Wk6: Bye

Wk7: @ St. Louis (0-6)(0-7)

Total Record of Colts Opponents entering game: 2-14

Total Record of Colts Opponents: 11-26

Let's compare that to the Patriots.

Patriots 2009 Opponents: (Record at gametime)-(Current Record)

Wk1: Buffalo (0-0)-(3-4)

Wk2: @ NYJ (1-0)-(4-3)

Wk3: Atlanta (2-0)-(4-2)

Wk4: Baltimore (3-0)-(3-3)

Wk5: @ Denver (4-0)(6-0)

Wk6: Tennessee (0-5)-(0-6)

Wk7: @ Tampa Bay (0-6)(0-7)

Total Record of Patriots Opponents entering game: 10-11 (first five opponents were 10-0)

Total Record of Patriots Opponents: 20-25 (first five opponents were 20-12)

you forgot to add you were 1 Mcelvin brainfart and 1 clayton drop

from being 3-4.............

and u lost to the jets after we provided enuff swagger/smack to last a lifetimer and with a rook at QB to boot

WOW! 3 training camps? Not one...Not two...BUT THREE?!?!

That's some Manning/Harrison stuff right there.

Also, Welker is better than Edelman, much better how many ****ing times do I have to say that. But Edelman was great in THAT game. But hey, you probably just mistook him for Welker again anyways.

And, 3 passing camps, but none of that matters since you have deemed Edleman as being great that day and doing what Welker would have done anyway.

Although, you also believe that Rhodes is a great Safety. :lol: Nice call.

But hey, if you choose to live in a fantasy world and believe that Welker would not have made much difference vs NY thats certainly your business. Pleasant dreams.

And, 3 passing camps, but none of that matters since you have deemed Edleman as being great that day and doing what Welker would have done anyway.

Although, you also believe that Rhodes is a great Safety. :lol: Nice call.

But hey, if you choose to live in a fantasy world and believe that Welker would not have made much difference vs NY thats certainly your business. Pleasant dreams.

You're ALWAYS good for a laugh. :rl:

you forgot to add you were 1 Mcelvin brainfart and 1 clayton drop

from being 3-4.............

and u lost to the jets after we provided enuff swagger/smack to last a lifetimer and with a rook at QB to boot

very very true,,2 VERY lucky wins there for Pats

He leads the NFL in receptions and he missed 2 of the Pats 7 games. Yea your right he is just an average slot receiver. Do you people read what you type. LOL

Ok, and Edelman not being as good as Welker proves what?

What were saying is the mere fact he was productive speaks to the Randy Moss factor as an inflator for whomever is running underneath him...

Archived