Could patriots potentially lose THREE in a row this season?were still in it.

Jetkid94

I predict the Pats season will unravel here.

If you look at their schedule they play the dolphins to start and end this stretch of five games off the bye. They will certainly wreck the remaining opponents after these games, but will not win teo in a row until then. They have only beat the dolphins twice in a season one time since 2004 and I think the wildcat will create problems in a defense full of holes, so they will lose one of them. I don't see them beating the Colts at the horseshoe so that's another loss. I won't predict the Jets game because I am way too bias, and will regardless be a close game. The Saints will own the Pats as most of us know. And that leaves the Pats with a shot at best to go 2 and 3 and potentially 1 and 4. I predict they will go 10 and 6 on the season and miss the playoffs as Belicheat attempts to retool this offseason.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i don't see them losing more than 2 of those games. and they'll probably only lose one.

When the Pats play a team with a good defense (Denver Broncos immediately come to mind) they very well could lose, primarily because they have no running game to speak of. Their young defense is playing very well, and Brady's pass game is back on track (although they have played cupcakes the last two weeks), but they need to be able to run the football, especially against teams (Colts and Saints) that can match their pass game, and can play solid defense when needed.

The Jets can and will take care of Miami this weekend. That probably means the Fins can finish no better than 9-7 (5 losses counting the Jets Sunday, and having to play NE twice-- they will lose both of those).

These are the threads they link up at Pats forums and laugh at us like we laugh at Phin fans.

This x10.

Jet fans will continue to blast on the Patriots and the Patriots will continue to be the leader in the standings.

Makes no sense. If we wanted to get on the Patriots, after Week 2 was the time to do it. Not now. ****ing idiots.

Newsflash jetkid94 and everyone else:

We're still in no matter if the Patriots win, lose, tie or fall into a black pit of death. If we take cares of business and beat the Dolphins and Jaguars, NO MATTER WHAT NEW ENGLAND DOES, the November 22nd would be a game for first place.

6-3 Jets @ 7-2 Pats -- if we win, we hold tie breaker.

6-3 Jets @ 6-3 Pats -- self explanatory

6-3 Jets @ 5-4 Pats -- if we win, 2 game lead + tiebreak. if they win, they take first with the tiebreak.

If we take care of business, we will win the division.

Next 4 games(5 if you count byes)..

Pats:

Bye

Miami

@Indy

Jets

@NO

Im sure the pats will beat the dolphins but theres no reason to think the patriots dont lose 3 of these 4. They seem to have trouble when they play @Indy, and then we may have some fire to get a season sweep of them, and then finally they go into the superdome.

They haven't lose 2 in a row in a very long time, anyone think they really hurt there season and lose 3 of these 4?

Because of this, theres no reason to say were out of the division race.

hey kid, lets worry about not gettin swept by the fish, before we worry about sweepin the pats.

Ok, and Edelman not being as good as Welker proves what?

What were saying is the mere fact he was productive speaks to the Randy Moss factor as an inflator for whomever is running underneath him...

JetNations long standing belief that you can stick anyone in there and get 112 receptions a year.

This argument (i.e Moss v Welker) is retarded.

The fact is they both play off each other. Of course, Wes benefits from Randy and Randy's numbers (YPC and TDs) are a lot better when Tom is throwing to Wes vs Edelman.

JetNations long standing belief that you can stick anyone in there and get 112 receptions a year.

The fact is they both play off each other. Of course, Wes benefits from Randy and Randy's numbers (YPC and TDs) are a lot better when Tom is throwing to Wes vs Edelman.

Its simple really, if you put a good player in the system they'll succeed. It's a combination of both. Not anyone can do it, and clearly Welker couldn't get it done in Miami. Not taking away from him or saying he's a system reciever because he has the YAC to prove otherwise. But the system has definitely helped.

Yes, your position is retarded.

You can. Wes Welker is a good player that benefits from a great system and possibly the GOAT at WR. There are at least 35 guys in this league that could do the same thign.

Welker picks up more valuable 1st downs extending drives so NE can throw the long pass to Moss.

Its simple really, if you put a good player in the system they'll succeed. It's a combination of both. Not anyone can do it, and clearly Welker couldn't get it done in Miami. Not taking away from him or saying he's a system reciever because he has the YAC to prove otherwise. But the system has definitely helped.

No, not with those QB's.

You can. Wes Welker is a good player that benefits from a great system and possibly the GOAT at WR. There are at least 35 guys in this league that could do the same thign.

Who?

What!?!?!

He had 67 catches with Joey, Dunate and Cleo throwing passes to him.

Welker was the victim of the NFL's love of proto-type size. Roy Williams the stud 6'4" 200+lbs wideout went 7th and has been a bust. Rashaun Woods, the 31st pick in the draft washed out of the CFL two years ago.

Go look at the 2004 draft. Especially the first few rounds. Only Fitzgerald has more catches. Outside of Larry Fitzgerald, there is no WR I would want over Welker. Outside of Lee Evans and Cotchery, the draft was pretty underwhelming with a few nice players and alot of meh.

Yes, your position is retarded.

And you luv the ****.

Who?

You actually want me to give you a list of 35 JAGS that could do that exact same thing as Wes Welker in that system?

We will make this simple...take the top 3 receivers on just about any single team in the NFL and they could do what Wes Welker does on the Pats.

sure he got it done im miami. why u think the patsies gave up a 2nd and a 6th for him. cuz he was good then and is good now.

You actually want me to give you a list of 35 JAGS that could do that exact same thing as Wes Welker in that system?

We will make this simple...take the top 3 receivers on just about any single team in the NFL and they could do what Wes Welker does on the Pats.

:rolleyes:

Like the Jets? :rl:

Phins? :rl:

Bills? :rl:

Please name the 3rd wideout for the Steelers? Ravens? Bengals? Browns? Rai-Duhs? Chargers? Broncos? Chiefs? Colts? Jags? Titans? Texans? And NFC 2nd or 3rd?

Next........

Please name the 3rd wideout for the Steelers? Ravens? Bengals? Browns? Rai-Duhs? Chargers? Broncos? Chiefs? Colts? Jags? Titans? Texans? And NFC 2nd or 3rd?

Next........

Yep...every one of those teams have a 2nd/3rd that could do what Wes Welker does, maybe not the Browns, Raiders, Cheifs, Jags...but thats about it. Some are as good, some are not, but they'd all have the same production in that system.

The truth hurts. I know you masturbate to his picture twice a day, but he's just a good WR that benefits from a great system playing along side possibly the GOAT at WR and there's nothing wrong with that...dont know why you Patsies are insistent that he's more, but he's not.

Yep...every one of those teams have a 2nd/3rd that could do what Wes Welker does, maybe not the Browns, Raiders, Cheifs, Jags...but thats about it. Some are as good, some are not, but they'd all have the same production in that system.

The truth hurts. I know you masturbate to his picture twice a day, but he's just a good WR that benefits from a great system playing along side possibly the GOAT at WR and there's nothing wrong with that...dont know why you Patsies are insistent that he's more, but he's not.

Because they are DELUSIONAL. ;)

To add to my post, when Welker was out, vs jests I think it was, the rookie reciver you guys started for Welker and put up 100+ yards of outs and WR screens, so yes, Welker is a system WR.

Yep. Plug anyone in that role and they produce the same numbers. I literally think if you have enough talent to see the field in the NFL, you could catch 100 balls in the Patsies system.

Seriously though, what is with Pats fans obsession over this guy? Why are they so in love with Welker and cant see him for what he is? Its genuinely weird and creepy.

Take the Broncos and Chiefs back in the day with their zone blocking running schems. You could plug anyone into those roles and they would produce. But you'd never see their fans try and argue that Derrick Blaylock and Mike Anderson were elite or even great players. They were product of the system and you respected that about their teams.

I actually respect that the Pats have a flawless system like that, but its not because of how great Wes Welker is as a WR. Thats just doodoo.

Next........

It's pretty funny, 'aint it PFSIKH? A must on their x-mas/chanukka list ought to be a copy of this:

517fnhwyEmL._SL500_.jpg

It's pretty funny, 'aint it PFSIKH? A must on their x-mas/chanukka list ought to be a copy of this:

517fnhwyEmL._SL500_.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how rooting for a team that wins a couple of championships increases your football IQ if you live in New England. :rolleyes:

This phenomenon is only applicable to Pats fans. Steelers fans don't act like they invented football.

It never ceases to amaze me how rooting for a team that wins a couple of championships increases your football IQ if you live in New England. :rolleyes:

This phenomenon is only applicable to Pats fans. Steelers fans don't act like they invented football.

My guess is since Garb is a female she has never put pads on in her life. Luckily for her, she a Patriots fan so she indirectly invented the game of Football. Combine that with the fact that their coach developed the only proven formula for winning in the NFL and consequently she knows everything there is about Football.

Sit back and learn. It will do you justice in future debates.

Because they are DELUSIONAL. ;)

potmeetkettle.jpg

Yep. Plug anyone in that role and they produce the same numbers. I literally think if you have enough talent to see the field in the NFL, you could catch 100 balls in the Patsies system.

Seriously though, what is with Pats fans obsession over this guy? Why are they so in love with Welker and cant see him for what he is? Its genuinely weird and creepy.

Take the Broncos and Chiefs back in the day with their zone blocking running schems. You could plug anyone into those roles and they would produce. But you'd never see their fans try and argue that Derrick Blaylock and Mike Anderson were elite or even great players. They were product of the system and you respected that about their teams.

I actually respect that the Pats have a flawless system like that, but its not because of how great Wes Welker is as a WR. Thats just doodoo.

Compared to the Jets obsession with Sanchez' and his volumes of NFL experience? :rolleyes:

Your quote:

I literally think if you have enough talent to see the field in the NFL, you could catch 100 balls in the Patsies system.

Why was Galloway such a bust? Gaffney? Reche Caldwell? Donte Stallworth? Doug Gabriel? Chad Jackson? All had enough talent to get on the NFL field, but none could come even remotely close to his production.

JAG catches 40 or so catches in the Patriots system. Welker is special whether you want to admit it or not. Even after missing 2 games, he is on pace for another 100+ catches. Yeah, you are right.....clowney could duplicate what Welker did. :rolleyes:

I overestimated your abilities. I suggest you tackle (pun unintended - but it works) this one before the football one:

%7B136CE181-A451-4904-BBBD-8F9981AB25E2%7DImg100.jpg

Archived