'Ted Ginn? Seriously?' Edition of Post of The Week

POTW Bot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topic: Tale of Two Coaches.

This is not about football. Football is played on a field between the whitelines this is about press confrences and whining that are coach has no class and eats pulled pork sandwiches (Who doesn't like pulled pork sandwiches that would be just unamerican) and saying your coach is the classiest in the league I didnt give a phuck about class I give a phuck about wins. So again go PHUCK YOURSELF YOU ASS CLOWN! Hows that for class.

The Nomination: "POTW NOM!" F.Chowds

Editor's Note: **** YEAH! If you don't eat Pulled Pork, you are a terrorist.

Or Kosher.

Topic: Bart wants to hurt henne

Is that the successor to your critically panned "My wife divorced me when I called her Sanchize in bed"

The Nomination: "in an interview she claims his insistance on her yelling "i'm brett favre bitch!!" before she came was the last straw." neckdemon

Editor's Note: CTM is slappin' bitches left and right this week.

Topic: Bart wants to hurt henne

You should change your name to KSK Ryan..

As to your post; Jets fans love good players. People Like Mangold, Jenkins, Revis, almost universely praised becuase they live up to the billing that the insane homer Jets fans give them..

Players like Rhodes, Chad Pennington, Thomas Jones, elicit extreme debate because the reality is that those same insane homer Jets fans wildly overrate them.

And most Jets fans are nothing if not wildly optimistic. After we beat NE in game 2 even the previously rational people were annoiting us one of the elites of the league which believe it or not was as nonsensical then as it is now.

What really happens here is that the insane homer's untempered enthusiasm sweeps everyone up in a gigantic unrealistic frenzy and the minute the bubble bursts, the more realistic of us get pissed off for falling for it again. It's your fault.

The Nomination: "Outstanding description of the highs and lows of Jets fanship. If this doesn't win it should be somewhere in the DSM-IIIR." The Crusher

Editor's Note: With Chad Pennington gone, CTM experiences Post-Traumatic Stress Flashbacks, to a darker time, and now struggles to find his own personal relevancy.

Topic: An open letter to Brian Schottenheinmer from SouthernJet

Braniac;

I continue to be amazed at your insistence to 'over think' every game situation. You have shown a tendency to try and do the EXACT opposite of what is believed to be the logical strategy. You have a belief IMHO that you are attempting to 'fool' the defense by going 180 degrees from what is considered the high % move at the time. Memo to Brian: There is a REASON why some plays are considerd high %. Its because they are the RIGHT way to go.

Case in point tonight at end of game.

1:30ish on clock, we just ran 4 yds. on 1st down from 11. Its 2nd and 6 from 7 yd line.

Run the ball!!!

We have 3 plays to get 6 yds for a 1st down or score a TD. And guess what ? By running you also kill the clock so Miami cant get ball back for tying or game winning FG. And Miami would use timeouts to boot. By throwing , if you score ASAP, Mioami gets ball back with alot of time.

Why teh hell do you throw in that tight endzone coverage when you have a strong OLline, solid run game and 1:30 on clock. Thje fact that Jones git 4 yd son 1st down should have been the signal to use next 3 plays to get a 1st down or TD.

Throwing was the exact opposite of what you should have done due to run was working and it also allowed Miami to get ball back if we score.

But no!!!!!!!! You OVERTHINK and say 'Miami expecting a run, I will mix them up'. There is a reason Miami was expecting run. Cause it was football 101 idiocy to throw down there when you DIDNT need to.

And guess what Mephisto? Miami expected a run on 1st down and Jones got 4 yds. That wasnt a clue that we could have run the ball in at that point. Miami was on its heels a sthey thought they blew the game. Only a over thinking coach could have given that game away. And like you did vs Buffal by throwing into wind whenn run game was working, you gave another game away.

You have now single handily lost this team 2 games.

And Rex, shame on you for not telling Schott to pound it in after Jones gained 4 on 1st down. Shame on you for not being more assertive. Watch you back Scott, Callahan would serve this teams philosophy more than you can and it wont take too many more screw ups for you to lose the OC job. If Callhan was OC vs Buffalo and Miami today we win both games.

SouthernJet.

The Nomination: "Need anything more be said????" PS17

Editor's Note: Usually 'need anything more be said' would follow something concise. Of course nothing more needs to be said, I just read the ****ing Odessy.

Topic: Alan Faneca

You don't keep firing coaches hoping to get better. Continuity is the key to long term success.

If you really expected this team to be much better than .500 this year with a rookie HC and rookie QB, you weren't thinking straight to begin with.

There are 8 games left, the only way Rex loses his job is if the Jets are G-d awful in that stretch.

Cowher is not the answer. Neither is Shanahan. They are shot coaches who if they take a job it will be to pick up a big fat paycheck while they have no hunger left whatsoever.

You think its a coincidence that Parcells never won another SB after leaving the Giants? You think its a coincidence that the Dolphins under Jimmy Johnson were underachievers?

You think its a coincidence that only one coach has ever won championships with two different teams?

The list is almost endless and none of them ever won again. It's because they aren't coaching to win, they've lost their hunger and edge. They're coaching to get paid at that point.

The only guy who ever won with a second team after winning with his first was Weeb and that was because he had something to prove after being unceremoniously dumped by the Colts.

How did things go for Ditka in New Orleans? Seifert in Carolina?

That's what anyone who hires Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan or Billick is gonna get.

The Nomination: "Excellent football post. Truth in spades." The Crusher

Editor's Note: So, are we going to get Cowher in here, or what?

Topic: Its Official..Even Rex cant fix 'The Ghoul'

As you can see here, Gholston is remarkably consistant in his play making ability irregardless of the amount of snaps he sees.

It is exactly THIS kind of consistancy that this defense sorely lacks

chartgo.png

The Nomination: "This would be a lot funnier if it wasn't costing us a few million dollars." New York Mick

Editor's Note: Removing the standard deviations removes the FUN!

In a week where we saw standard deviations from Bitonti and Pie-Charts from a Troll. CTM gets the gold star for his work on this complex graphing system. With a number of nominations insulting posters left and right, might as well reward CTM for the kill of Gholston. While doing that may be easy, doing it well deserves recognition.

Sorry about the brevity of the write-up, I'm editing a show from 7hrs down to 1 that was shot on last friday and airs this friday.

Here's the banner:

potw.jpg

See you next week here at POTW.

Archived