4 days and counting...2009 NYC Marathon

Big Al NYC

Anyone else running this year? I'll be there, lugging my 220 lb frame 26.2 miles through all 5 boroughs.

And since I'm not a tiny Kenyan guy, will definitely be missing kickoff on Sunday - thank god for Tivo.

Not sure if this is your 1st one or not but take it from a veteran, I've run 17 of them, PACE yourself. It's easy to go out quckly when you're fresh and the adrenalin is pumping but resist that temptation. Don't stop at all, even if you have to basically jog/ crawl keep moving. The 1st time you stop makes it easier to stop a second time, 3rd time etc. etc. I got that advice from a US Border Patrol agent ( Al Rand) eons ago before my 1st marathon. Best advice I ever got. You've done your homework and you're ready, GO FOR IT ! Best of luck to you and here's to a strong finish. :cheers:

Not sure if this is your 1st one or not but take it from a veteran, I've run 17 of them, PACE yourself. It's easy to go out quckly when you're fresh and the adrenalin is pumping but resist that temptation. Don't stop at all, even if you have to basically jog/ crawl keep moving. The 1st time you stop makes it easier to stop a second time, 3rd time etc. etc. I got that advice from a US Border Patrol agent ( Al Rand) eons ago before my 1st marathon. Best advice I ever got. You've done your homework and you're ready, GO FOR IT ! Best of luck to you and here's to a strong finish. :cheers:

Thanks man!

Awesome. My aunt ran the NYC Marathon in 2001. I remember because it was the day after Game 6 of the World Series [i think]. We all ate a big pasta, bread, and carbs loaded dinner the night before and got up early the next day. It was fun. Too bad she blew out her knee a couple years later, now she can't run anymore.

Best of luck to ya.

Well I made it in 4:01:56. Pretty happy with my time (considering it's the first time I ever run that far), but wish I could've gotten in under 4 hours. Guess I shouldn't have stopped to take a leak off the 59th Street Bridge...actually, that was worth it.

Me and the wife afterwards.

15134_165340614719_722184719_259783.jpg

Well I made it in 4:01:56. Pretty happy with my time (considering it's the first time I ever run that far), but wish I could've gotten in under 4 hours. Guess I shouldn't have stopped to take a leak off the 59th Street Bridge...actually, that was worth it.

Me and the wife afterwards.

15134_165340614719_722184719_259783.jpg

Congrats!

Archived