Chiefs to Cut Larry Johnson

Bugg

Don't know if he's really an option because he's lost a step, and he's a nasty jerk. Still, kinda surprising. Figure the Chiefs will lose most of their games anyway, why overpay a sulky controversy machine in the process?

Chiefs To Release Larry Johnson27th October, 2009 - 7:29 pmJeff Risdon/RealGM - The Kansas City Chiefs will sever ties with problematic running back Larry Johnson, according to a team source that spoke to RealGM's Jeff Risdon on Tuesday afternoon.

The league and the team are investigating a pair of recent incidents, including one where Johnson used a gay slur. This is not the first time Johnson has gotten himself in trouble by using a gay slur, having had to apologize for the same offense last season. He was forced to apologize for this, as well as for negative comments directed at head coach Todd Haley. Haley has thus far refused comment.

The team has barred Johnson from any contact with the team.

This is a precursory move before the team formally releases Johnson before the end of the week, according to the source.

Part of the delay in releasing him involves going through the NFL’s disciplinary investigation, but the source was adamant that Larry Johnson has played his last game in Kansas City.

Related Links

Today's Wiretap

spacer.gif

LJ and Braylon Edwards on the same team???? Thank you, NO...

Its so sad to see these young guys F***ing up their lifes over some dumb sh!t.

These stories are just ridiculous, they work for like 15-20 years (high school, college, pros) and they still manage to screw it up.

Howabout the poor guy who works 40-50 years and cant mess up not even once.

This guy and a whole other bunch of guys like this are just plain Jack a$$es.

I dont want him on my team...Let jay-Z buy another team and sign his buddy...

LJ and Braylon Edwards on the same team???? Thank you, NO...

Its so sad to see these young guys F***ing up their lifes over some dumb sh!t.

These stories are just ridiculous, they work for like 15-20 years (high school, college, pros) and they still manage to screw it up.

Howabout the poor guy who works 40-50 years and cant mess up not even once.

This guy and a whole other bunch of guys like this are just plain Jack a$$es.

I dont want him on my team...Let jay-Z buy another team and sign his buddy...

He's kidding. At least I hope he is.

If Jamal Lewis is still drawing a paycheck in the league, then LJ should be. Any discussion of his decline as a player should begin with Herm over working him that one year. He has not been the same beast since.

I'd consider him a serviceable situation RB if ya could keep his attitude in check. A winning team could benefit IMO.

I was damn near all against bringing Edwards here due to his idiot quotient. Not only has he been a solid citizen - he's showing some huge stones in the grabs he's making and the blocks he's throwing. Proving again I don't know a lot.

Bring him - he could play the game at one point.

This just reeks of a future pickup for the Patriots.

Absolutely.

Someone's gonna pick him up, and he's going to do well there. He may not be the pre-Herm Larry Johnson ever again, but he can still be a solid RB in this league.

Larry Johnson sucks. He's long past his prime and at best is a reserve RB in the NFL at this point. Have fun in the UFL, Larry.

BTW, with Larry being my back-up to Leon, my one fantasy team is completely f'd in the ass at the RB position.

LJ is still good.. its really not his fault his Oline sucks.. he was putting up amazing numbers when his oline didn't suck. AP wouldn't be able to run behind that line..

I do not want him on the patriots... that would probably get them ring number four :(

Archived