David Ortiz for MVP!

Garb

....yah, I know - he's a DH and all your Yankee Fans will scream that A-rod is the MVP. HOWEVER, name one other player in Baseball that single-handidly carries an entire team on his shoulders? You can't. It's Big Papi - the BEST clutch hitter in the game. He comes up BIG again tonight.

MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP!

What seperates Ortiz from ARod this year I think is that without Ortiz's hits, the Sox are DEAD AND BURIED. On that yankee staff Arod is a great bat in a solid lineup. He isn't carrying the team. I have a hard time giving the MVP to a DH, but he truly is the MVP as without him Boston would be nowhere this year. He has so many game winning/tying hits it is not even funny. He's a monster.

As I said in the MVP thread ... the MVP will be decided the only fair way it can be decided in such a close race ... on the final weekend, head to head, and whichever team wins the A.L. East "THEIR GUY" should also walk away with the hardware

IMO that is the only fair way to end this thing .. the division title AND the MVP .. winner take all

Most

Valuable

Primate

The Most Valuable Player award will be decided this weekend, but big ugli gorilla face sure boosted himself with tonights performance, but Arod yesterday had an equally as clutch day, yet he gets no credit in the media. Probably because he doesnt swing the bat like a gorilla and stare at his home runs.

David Ortiz = this century's Babe Ruth.

If Papi doesnt win the MVP after the year he has had and it goes to A-Rod...I'll be glad. For it will mean that the award is tainted.

I know A-rod is having a monster year even by his $252 million standards...but David Ortiz is the most clutch athlete in the history of sports, he transcends superfluous awards.

If Papi doesnt win the MVP after the year he has had and it goes to A-Rod...I'll be glad. For it will mean that the award is tainted.

I know A-rod is having a monster year even by his $252 million standards...but David Ortiz is the most clutch athlete in the history of sports, he transcends superfluous awards.

He did it in 1 postseason, so just stop it.

Where was ortiz in the 2003 ALCS? Striking out against Mariano Rivera.

We'll see just how clutch he is this weekend.

Only a weasel would even want his guy to walk away with the MVP if his team goes down in flames this weekend ... a real man accepts the challenge ... wants it to be decided this weekend, right along side the division title, winner take all

You know darn well this race for the MVP is just like this race for the division title ... razor thin ... so sack up and be a man about it ... WINNER TAKE ALL ... end of story

He did it in 1 postseason, so just stop it.

Where was ortiz in the 2003 ALCS? Striking out against Mariano Rivera.

We'll see just how clutch he is this weekend.

I could point out that A-Rod K'ing against pitching god Mike Timlin with 1 out and a man on 3rd in Game 5 cost NYY a pennant, but I wont because I am only concerned with THIS season.

Youre an idiot, EB. Try to keep up.

I could point out that A-Rod K'ing against pitching god Mike Timlin with 1 out and a man on 3rd in Game 5 cost NYY a pennant, but I wont because I am only concerned with THIS season.

Youre an idiot, EB. Try to keep up.

For somebody that hates personnal attacks you sure diss out alot of them. Fu#king dumbass.

We'll see how the MVPrimate does this weekend.

You guys obviously don't watch the Yankees, so you do not know how many games A-Rod has won by himself, not just with his bat, but with his GLOVE. He has won games by making great plays. He has played the field in every game this year. And he will probably win the Gold Glove. If he's not the MVP that will be the shaft.

And Rivera should be the Cy Young.

And Cano should be the ROY. Before this month, I would have thought Cano didn't have a chance, but he has had a lights-out September and should be strongly considered for it.

Crack kills.

You guys obviously don't watch the Yankees, so you do not know how many games A-Rod has won by himself, not just with his bat, but with his GLOVE. He has won games by making great plays. He has played the field in every game this year. And he will probably win the Gold Glove. If he's not the MVP that will be the shaft.

And Cano should be the ROY. Before this month, I would have thought Cano didn't have a chance, but he has had a lights-out September and should be strongly considered for it.

MVP = Ortiz followed by Arod. If I was a voter on the fence, last night sealed the deal.

CY Young = Colon followed by Santana,Cliff Lee ,MO.

ROY = Gomes over Cano though you are correct Cano's September has been huge.

MVP = Ortiz followed by Arod. If I was a voter on the fence, last night sealed the deal.

Perhaps you haven't heard, but there still a little matter of a weekend series ... Yanks Vs Bosox ... for all the marbles

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, you should wait until the deal is actually sealed before you seal the deal

Just a suggesting, GS :wink:

Colon won 21 games.....If any Yankee did same we would have endless CY Young thread for said pitcher.

Lotta folks are touting Mariano Rivera for the A.L. Cy Young ... but I KNOW you are not one of them [-X

Let me Guess ... you have no problem with a DH winning the MVP, but you have a big problem with a closer winning the Cy Young ... is that about right?

And how convenient ... Just happens to bury the two Yankees in contention :wink:

Heck, you don't even want to wait until all the games are played ... division title be damned ... you just wanna hand Ortiz the MVP right now, to keep it away from Arod, even if Ortiz takes his MVP and goes home and even if Arod turns out to be a big part of the reason why this weekend

Not at all.....why is Mo the CY Young? He has a sweet era but is NOT even the AL saves leader.

I ranked MO 4th which means yes I did give him consideration .

Look up Cliff Lee's numbers and tell me why MO deserves nod.

As for MVP , I rate Ortiz slight edge over ARod as do many others.

Your comment on me not wanting to let the games play out b4 making a declaration [-X ....We don't wanna go there Ham. Delete some past threads b4 you bring that my way.

I am not burying Yankees.

I predicted Yanks squeeze into the play-offs back in JUNE threads....You?

We differ on the awards HAM...no biggie...lets see what happens.

JBF will tell you that A-Rods glove is only average, and Ortiz is the best fielder in the history of sports. The Bosox don't use him at 1st because then it would make a mockery of Baseball, they would be so good. Or some drivel like that. Blah. Blah.

Yeah. Whatever. :roll:

Mo should be a strong candidate for Cy Young. Colon will be there, and even Jose Contrares will garner support based on his 2nd half (11-2, 2.89 ERA since July). The other White Sox starters, Buhrle and Garland, will be there as well.

I think Gomes is the real best rookie around in the AL, and Street has had a very super season. But so has Robbie, especially in September.

It will be interesting.

Personally, I think it's bull that the MVP will be decided this weekend. David Ortiz has carried the Red Sox the ENTIRE year. A-Rod has not.

And, for those that diminish Papi's game winning single last nite - he also blasted a homer into the monster seats to tie the game. So, he tied the game and he won the game. Anything else you want him to do?

EB - your gorilla comments smack of racism. Cool it.

Personally, I think it's bull that the MVP will be decided this weekend. David Ortiz has carried the Red Sox the ENTIRE year. A-Rod has not.

And, for those that diminish Papi's game winning single last nite - he also blasted a homer into the monster seats to tie the game. So, he tied the game and he won the game. Anything else you want him to do?

Ok.

So you dont think David Ortiz looks like a gorilla?

Look at the way he swings the bat, like a monkey.

His face, looks like a gorilla. With his teeth, he's like the first monkey on the evolutionary chart. And dont get me started on how he runs. The man is an ape.

Ok.

So you dont think David Ortiz looks like a gorilla?

Look at the way he swings the bat, like a monkey.

His face, looks like a gorilla. With his teeth, he's like the first monkey on the evolutionary chart. And dont get me started on how he runs. The man is an ape.

Grow up. At least he runs. What running do you do? Running away from those bullies in Gym class that want to give you a wedgie?

Besides, you want to talk ugly? Look no further than Matsui and Johnson. Fugly!

Further, you want to talk evolution chart similarities? I'm pretty sure Johnny Damon is related to the third guy on the left. :lol:

Grow up. At least he runs. What running do you do? Running away from those bullies in Gym class that want to give you a wedgie?

Besides, you want to talk ugly? Look no further than Matsui and Johnson. Fugly!

Further, you want to talk evolution chart similarities? I'm pretty sure Johnny Damon is related to the third guy on the left. :lol:

I am damn fast actually. 5-11 145, I'm pretty quick. Going to play cornerback on varsity next year. But this isnt about me, its about the Gorilla on your team.

Did you hear about the story when Ortiz went to the zoo? As he was leaving the zoo, he was shot......with a tranquilizer gun.

I am damn fast actually. 5-11 145, I'm pretty quick. Going to play cornerback on varsity next year. But this isnt about me, its about the Gorilla on your team.

Did you hear about the story when Ortiz went to the zoo? As he was leaving the zoo, he was shot......with a tranquilizer gun.

Rigght.......a varsity player who has never played a lick of football in high school :roll: Seeing how you are here everyday at 3:00pm or so - after school - when exactly do you practice?

I played Field Hockey in High School and I remember practicing every day for a few hours and getting home after 6:00 - 6:30pm Guess your High School Teams suck.

5'11" and 145 - if you were a chick, you could be a model. :lol: However, you say you are a guy - so I suggest you start eating something, for the love of God! :lol:

You want clutch? Here's clutch. A-Rod in September is hitting .327, 7 HR, 24 RBI, 1.009 OPS, not to mention 8 SB's. And for the year, he's hitting .290 w/RISP, .302 w/RISP and 2 outs, and .297 when it's close and late. Of course Ortiz is clutch as well but if you think the Yankees be where they are right now without A-Rod, you're nuts.

And oh yes, A-Rod is hitting .400 w/2 HR's and 8 RBI, a .720 SLG% and a 5 stolen bases in the last 7 games. I would say just about every AB in that span has been clutch. Meanwhile Ortiz is hitting .267 w/1 HR and 6 RBI, a .400 SLG and shockingly no stolen bases. Not to forget that A-Rod has played every single game this year and has only 11 errors in 159 games and will win the Gold Glove. Like I said before, he can win a game with his bat AND with his glove.

Rigght.......a varsity player who has never played a lick of football in high school :roll: Seeing how you are here everyday at 3:00pm or so - after school - when exactly do you practice?

I played Field Hockey in High School and I remember practicing every day for a few hours and getting home after 6:00 - 6:30pm Guess your High School Teams suck.

5'11" and 145 - if you were a chick, you could be a model. :lol: However, you say you are a guy - so I suggest you start eating something, for the love of God! :lol:

I'm not playing football this season.

I said "next season" as in my Senior year, I will be playing varsity.

Hell, I am already faster than most of the kids playing corner, and probably bigger than them too.

I've been telling you that EB is a racist little scumbag for months now.

But I had no idea he was a scrawny little weasel too? I had him pegged as a fatty, ya know, because of his anger and all

:lol:=D>

Credit where credit is due. That blast was pretty good. 5'11" and 145? That was me around 14. I was a skinny dude. Then I found beer......... 'nuff said.

EB: your Gorilla = Ortiz comments are a little offside.

So, it is alleged that the MVP race is between A-Rod and Ortiz. It's allegedly tight. Does tonight put Ortiz in the lead? I mean, Papi gets mad respect at the plate tonight and A-rod makes an error.

Who's clutch again? :mrgreen:

Archived