Illinois Still #1-New AP Poll

Jetheelz

I agree with both statments:

They deserve to be ranked #1 even after the loss and the loss WILL help them in the tourney. The pressure of an undefeated season is gone. That's huge.

The Heels need Rashad back by the NCAA's. Reports say he has lost about 20 lbs and MAY be back by next weekend. Hope so, the Heels need him to win 6 in a row in the NCAA's.

SEAN MAY IS A MAN CHILD!!

Definitely better for Illinois to lose now and not go undefeated into the tourney-too much pressure on the team in that scenerio.

Looks like North Carolina,Illinois, Kentucky have the top seeds right now.

Watch out for the Big East teams though.

I don't buy into that lose now thing, you never want to lose, you want to go undeffeated and win it all, a loss is always a bad thing.

Illinois however still deserves it, every other team has 3 or 4 losses, while they have 1.

Just got my tics for Game 7 - should be Ohio State vs. Wisc. Couldn't get the Illini first round tics but I'm putting some heat on the vendor that has them for the championship game Sunday. Big Ten has more marginal teams this year than usual,but it should still land 5 teams in The Dance.

Just got my tics for Game 7 - should be Ohio State vs. Wisc. Couldn't get the Illini first round tics but I'm putting some heat on the vendor that has them for the championship game Sunday. Big Ten has more marginal teams this year than usual,but it should still land 5 teams in The Dance.

Have a great time. I am sure it will be lots of fun and excitment there.

Archived