Paranormal Activity Flick

jetophile

I saw it last week after the internet blitzkrieg I constantly heard about. Made on a shoe-string budget, so I give major credit there. My big gripe with the movie was that the 'actors' were terrible. If your premise is to film someone in their natural state, they should come off as 'great' and that they're not 'acting'. They were 'acting', and they were bad at it. Get me? The girlfriend was far better than the idiot boyfriend, though, gotta say. Plus, he wasn't sufficiently scared enough when he was no longer skeptical. The paranormalist did the best acting gig in the film.

It was definitely worth seeing, so don't get me wrong. The idea of something fukking with you when you're sleeping creeped me out no end. The unconscious is a big part of my art, so I resonated with the scare factor. The idiot boyfriend with his typical control freak "I got it, I got!" thing, I was glad he...*SPOILER*! :P

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Watched it last week, thought it was OK had some creepy parts. Acting was cheesy and the hype surrounding it was too much IMO.
It was shopped like Blair Witch, but I thought this was better in some ways. My biggest hate on Blair Witch (which I really liked) was that the camera NEVER stood still. If you're a film student, you have to have steady hands like a surgeon on occasion.

Archived