So Revis threw the special teams under the bus...

Matt39

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didnt get burnt twice... lol...

ST blew it badly... they over pursued and to be quite honest when he runs back one... Westhoff needed to change the coverage on the next return to make sure it did not happen again...

The JETS have three coaches that think their **** doesnt stink... when things are going well that is great to have...when things are not going well it will be VERY frustrating...

Major difference between jawing on the field and jawing in the media/twitter/etc.

I know, it doesn't suprise me though. Especially when you couple it with the fact that he's pretty young, and having a breakout year.

Edit: Break out might have been a poor choice of words, he was in the pro bowl last year. But you know what I mean.

THEY DID BLOW THE GAME! Dont harp on the guy for making a comment on it (if it even happened). After every game Rex has specifically stated which aspect of the team performed the worst, no difference here.

No one threw the D under the bus when the lost the first Dolphins game.

I dont have the link...Boomer was going off on Revis this morning though.

17 posts, and no one wants to share what he actually said?

Basically how the loss was extremely tough to take because the D didnt give up anything and insinuating the specials sucked.

Boomers whole point(which I agree with) was that no one was throwing the defense under when they were terrible in the first game.

Basically how the loss was extremely tough to take because the D didnt give up anything and insinuating the specials sucked.

Boomers whole point(which I agree with) was that no one was throwing the defense under when they were terrible in the first game.

I think everyone threw the defense under the bus, in fact I remember Ryan saying they sucked. Revis himself came out and took blame for the performance.

Also, it's not throwing someone under the bus. It's the ****ing truth. The defense and offense played well enough to not only win but blow the Fins out of the water.

Both are fair points.

Because of the type of attitude this HC has this thing could unravel very, very fast.

I'm not sure I agree.

Rex, and the team, looks at this like the game was stolen from them. They keep their confidence and go out and prove it was a fluke.

Will that happen? I don't know.... Is that the attitude I think the team has? I really do....

I'm not sure I agree.

Rex, and the team, looks at this like the game was stolen from them. They keep their confidence and go out and prove it was a fluke.

Will that happen? I don't know.... Is that the attitude I think the team has? I really do....

Funny but they should have walked on the feld yesterday with that attitude, but didn't. The problem is the coach and now the players all think they are better then they have ever proved on the field.

Funny but they should have walked on the feld yesterday with that attitude, but didn't. The problem is the coach and now the players all think they are better then they have ever proved on the field.

You play that game 100 times, the team doesn't give up those kicks 99 times, and we win.

You play that game 100 times, the team doesn't give up those kicks 99 times, and we win.

Thank you. Pretending that we lost for any other reason is, to quote Mike Tyson: "ludicrous."

Take away any one of those returns, Ginn's or Taylors and we win. Take away two of them and we win easily. Take away all three and its a vicious beatdown.

Thank you. Pretending that we lost for any other reason is, to quote Mike Tyson: "ludicrous."

Take away any one of those returns, Ginn's or Taylors and we win. Take away two of them and we win easily. Take away all three and its a vicious beatdown.

Too bad you cant take anything away. Tackling on specials is just as important as anything else.

You guys will think I'm trolling, but I'm not.

But there's a million ways to go with that "take this and that away" crap. Take away two Ted Ginn drops and Dolphins are 5-2. Take away a few questionable Pass Interference calls in our first encounter and it would have not even been close.

I dunno... All around the league people people create hypothetical "what if" situations. It's pointless imo

The D gave up 10 points and a 4th quarter drive and td. what, that dont count? dont blame the old man.

Too bad you cant take anything away. Tackling on specials is just as important as anything else.

Absolutely it is. You can't take it back, but it brings me to my point in the 'Positives' thread.

The inability to stop those kicks is not what's keeping us from winning the Super Bowl this year. We are not 'rebuilding', but we are developing. I liked a lot of what I saw, and it gives me reason to be excited about this team going forwards.

In all honesty, I'd rather come out of that game loss and playing the way we did, than a win and playing the way the Dolphins did. At least in a year where a championship isn't really a likelihood.

Absolutely it is. You can't take it back, but it brings me to my point in the 'Positives' thread.

The inability to stop those kicks is not what's keeping us from winning the Super Bowl this year. We are not 'rebuilding', but we are developing. I liked a lot of what I saw, and it gives me reason to be excited about this team going forwards.

In all honesty, I'd rather come out of that game loss and playing the way we did, than a win and playing the way the Dolphins did. At least in a year where a championship isn't really a likelihood.

Funny you say this. I remember getting killed on I guess JI back in the day for saying the Jets looked awful on opening day when Morton returned two kicks for TD's.

The 3-0 start just deluded me I guess. I was expecting more out of the team than I should have.

Its just amazing how this team can find ways to lose.

Memo to Jay Feely: you are NOT the wedge buster. Please fall back. Thanks you.

playing like what? pull ur head outta your butt.stop eatin rex ryans garbage. the phishphags had no stats because they scored 3 tds immediately. they didnt have the ball ever! they had 3 drives in the 4th qarter. 1 was a td drvie, and one was the kneel down. they had no stats cuz they didnt have the stinkin ball, cuz we stunk up the place, as a team. news flash, prior to them going up 17-6, NOBODY was doing JACK**** on offense. then they go up 2 scores, and keep scoring fast, and were stuck playing catch up! they had no offense stats cuz they never had the damn ball!!! and liek i said, the times they did, they scored and kneeled. stop being like rex ryan and his players with the excuses. in 5 years, when were contending with a different coach, we're gonna point and laugh at this guy.

This is the NFL. An I think Wins are very difficult against any team. I'd take a terrible looking W over a high yardage L any day of any week. You can practice and fix the "ugly". Aint no fixing an L

Archived