So Revis threw the special teams under the bus...

Matt39

Funny you say this. I remember getting killed on I guess JI back in the day for saying the Jets looked awful on opening day when Morton returned two kicks for TD's.

The 3-0 start just deluded me I guess. I was expecting more out of the team than I should have.

Its just amazing how this team can find ways to lose.

Memo to Jay Feely: you are NOT the wedge buster. Please fall back. Thanks you.

I've always been the type of fan who micromanages the way I evaluate the games, because, at least since 98, we really haven't been true contenders.

That said, it happened to all of us. Or, most of us. Myself included. At 3-0 the brain shut down a bit, and the heart kicked in. But the reality is, we're not a championship caliber team yet. But I really feel like we're moving in the right direction, Ted Ginn returns not withstanding.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the NFL. An I think Wins are very difficult against any team. I'd take a terrible looking W over a high yardage L any day of any week. You can practice and fix the "ugly". Aint no fixing an L

Sure, in the short term, that's true. However, unless you think the Dolphins can represent the AFC this year, then your record is pretty irrelevent.

This is the NFL. An I think Wins are very difficult against any team. I'd take a terrible looking W over a high yardage L any day of any week. You can practice and fix the "ugly". Aint no fixing an L

You missed the point of his post. This season doesn't matter in terms of wins and losses. More of a building block for the future.

Sure, in the short term, that's true. However, unless you think the Dolphins can represent the AFC this year, then your record is pretty irrelevent.
But by that logic, I shouls be proud of the way the Dolphins played the Colts on Monday night. we dominated the colts in every stat of the game... Except one. Points.

I would have rather been the Colts in that situation.

yeah, we were all congratulating ourselves for giving up "10" points against Brees and the Saints. We still gave up 31 to the stink fish the next week. Our D was "great" again, what next? our TEAM gave up 61 points to those losers.

You missed the point of his post. This season doesn't matter in terms of wins and losses. More of a building block for the future.

But you guys aren't out of it! Sure, there's issues. Sure there's problems. But 4 losses is hardly room to say your season is over. At this point, a .500 team is still in it. I refuse to take the stance of "it doesn't matter anyways".

playing like what? pull ur head outta your butt.stop eatin rex ryans garbage. the phishphags had no stats because they scored 3 tds immediately. they didnt have the ball ever! they had 3 drives in the 4th qarter. 1 was a td drvie, and one was the kneel down. they had no stats cuz they didnt have the stinkin ball, cuz we stunk up the place, as a team. news flash, prior to them going up 17-6, NOBODY was doing JACK**** on offense. then they go up 2 scores, and keep scoring fast, and were stuck playing catch up! they had no offense stats cuz they never had the damn ball!!! and liek i said, the times they did, they scored and kneeled. stop being like rex ryan and his players with the excuses. in 5 years, when were contending with a different coach, we're gonna point and laugh at this guy.

First of all, ENTER key... Learn it... Love it...

That said, so, the defensive performance in the 1st half means nothing? The defensive stand to get the ball back for our one last effort means nothing? The fact that we shut down the wildcat is irrelevant? The offense showing up and answering what should have been crippling returns by Ginn means nothing?

Just because it doesn't result in a W doesn't mean it wasn't a strong performance. In fact, had we scored on the last play, you, and others like you, would be screaming about how we dominated them all day, and it was only Ted Ginn that made it look like a game.

But you guys aren't out of it! Sure, there's issues. Sure there's problems. But 4 losses is hardly room to say your season is over. At this point, a .500 team is still in it. I refuse to take the stance of "it doesn't matter anyways".

You're still missing the point.

If we were 5-3 right now, I still do not believe this team is good enough to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

But by that logic, I shouls be proud of the way the Dolphins played the Colts on Monday night. we dominated the colts in every stat of the game... Except one. Points.

I would have rather been the Colts in that situation.

Wrong. Your defense let Manning score just about every time he touched the ball. You can be proud of your offense in that game.

First of all, ENTER key... Learn it... Love it...

That said, so, the defensive performance in the 1st half means nothing? The defensive stand to get the ball back for our one last effort means nothing? The fact that we shut down the wildcat is irrelevant? The offense showing up and answering what should have been crippling returns by Ginn means nothing?

Just because it doesn't result in a W doesn't mean it wasn't a strong performance. In fact, had we scored on the last play, you, and others like you, would be screaming about how we dominated them all day, and it was only Ted Ginn that made it look like a game.

if our d was truly shut down, we wouldnt have let them score. they still drove and scored in the 4th dood. people were saying we'd kill the fish. if you take away special teams, where we got a muff and gimme td too. we barely win 19-16. this, to a team we should kill right? in OUR house?

and if rex uses his pea brain, and goes for the XP, then we kick the field goal and win!!! how come no one talks about that???

Take away any one of those returns, Ginn's or Taylors and we win. Take away two of them and we win easily. Take away all three and its a vicious beatdown.

This is not necessarily true. The offensive playcalling was ridiculously conservative until the Jets were down 17-6 and only then did Schotty open it up. I think he would have been more than happy to win a 6-3 game up until that point.

if our d was truly shut down, we wouldnt have let them score. they still drove and scored in the 4th dood. people were saying we'd kill the fish. if you take away special teams, where we got a muff and gimme td too. we barely win 19-16. this, to a team we should kill right? in OUR house?

and if rex uses his pea brain, and goes for the XP, then we kick the field goal and win!!! how come no one talks about that???

So, a truly good defense shuts out every team they face?

Gyno's 100% correct about the XPs. Rex made the classic idiot-coach mistake of chasing points before the 4th quarter. It made ZERO sense going for 2 when he did.

Plus, Sparano made a bonehead mistake as well going for 2. That made no sense either.

Go for 2 only when you absolutely need it. Rex better learn that. Rookie mistake, hopefully.

Well, its official. This team is a mess, especially with the talking.

Nobody was throwing you under the bus when Ginn burned you a few weeks ago, nor your entire unit.

Actually Rhodes threw Revis under the bus on his tweet when he said"He didn't get burned but he won't throw his team mate under the bus"..Thats throwing him under the bus, Hollywood..The last frame of that Ginn TD shows Rhodes stumbling into frame, my guess was he was supposed to give over the top help..Kerry is having a great season since Mangini stopped holding him down,,NOT

Actually Rhodes threw Revis under the bus on his tweet when he said"He didn't get burned but he won't throw his team mate under the bus"..Thats throwing him under the bus, Hollywood..The last frame of that Ginn TD shows Rhodes stumbling into frame, my guess was he was supposed to give over the top help..Kerry is having a great season since Mangini stopped holding him down,,NOT

The defense is significantly better since Mangini left town. What are you, his brother?

How's Cleveland doing?

The defense is significantly better since Mangini left town. What are you, his brother?

How's Cleveland doing?

As much as you are Rex's brother. This Jets defense couldn't sop anyone when it counts. Besides the Texans game they are the most overrated in the league.

As much as you are Rex's brother. This Jets defense couldn't sop anyone when it counts. Besides the Texans game they are the most overrated in the league.

This is absolutely beyond retarded. They rank SECOND in the NFL in total defense.

Except I acknowledge that Rex has made critical erros more than once.

But, we're 2nd in YPG and 4th in PPG, so, really, I'm not going to get on the D right now.

Except I acknowledge that Rex has made critical erros more than once.

But, we're 2nd in YPG and 4th in PPG, so, really, I'm not going to get on the D right now.

Fair enough. Although I believe Chad Pennington is still top 5 in QB rating all time. Stats can be worthless sometimes.

Fair enough. Although I believe Chad Pennington is still top 5 in QB rating all time. Stats can be worthless sometimes.

QB rating is a nearly worthless stat. As, it puts a premium on things that often don't translate to points.

I'd find it hard to believe that being 4th in PPG isn't at least a strong indication of a good defense.

QB rating is a nearly worthless stat. As, it puts a premium on things that often don't translate to points.

I'd find it hard to believe that being 4th in PPG isn't at least a strong indication of a good defense.

I believe Herm's defense was high in PPG allowed one year too. LOL! Stopping people when it counts and making big play on defense is the bottom line. The Jets don't do either. If the offense is giving up TD's then the opposing offense is going to play the game differently. We are one of those rare cases where that has happened a lot. Therefor I don't put much stock in that ranking.

I believe Herm's defense was high in PPG allowed one year too. LOL! Stopping people when it counts and making big play on defense is the bottom line. The Jets don't do either. If the offense is giving up TD's then the opposing offense is going to play the game differently. We are one of those rare cases where that has happened a lot. Therefor I don't put much stock in that ranking.

Oh really? So then I guess I was dreaming when I saw the Jets D hold the Dolphins to a 3 and out giving the offense the ball back with plenty of time and the opportunity for them to win it at the end of the game. Damn those useless bastards for giving up 9 points yesterday, this one is absolutely on them.

Oh really? So then I guess I was dreaming when I saw the Jets D hold the Dolphins to a 3 and out giving the offense the ball back with plenty of time and the opportunity for them to win it at the end of the game. Damn those useless bastards for giving up 9 points yesterday, this one is absolutely on them.

It's not totally on them obiously, but giing up an 80 yard drive when you need a stop in the 4th quarter is not big time defense.

Basically how the loss was extremely tough to take because the D didnt give up anything and insinuating the specials sucked.

Boomers whole point(which I agree with) was that no one was throwing the defense under when they were terrible in the first game.

Fine Boomer, you may be right. The Jet D was bad in Miami, but the ST yesterday was disgraceful. Beyond awful. 2 kickoff return TDs in the same quarter on the same side of the field???? Still, Revis should have been a better teammate.

So other teams don't try to score?

I don't think this defense is elite, but it is a strong unit, and I think one that you can win a championship with.

So other teams don't try to score?

I don't think this defense is elite, but it is a strong unit, and I think one that you can win a championship with.

Down by 5 in the 4th quarter a championship defense makes that stop. Ours didn't.

Down by 5 in the 4th quarter a championship defense makes that stop. Ours didn't.

We stopped them on the last drive when they attempted to clinch the game, which got our offense the ball back. Miami had two good drives on offense the whole game. There really isn't much more you could have asked the defense to do to win this game.

From my accounts, the defense forced a turnover. It was on the coaching staff to make that call and challenge that, but the play itself was made, by one Darrelle Revis

Idk that there was evidence to overturn that and neither do you. That is speculation.

From my accounts, the defense forced a turnover. It was on the coaching staff to make that call and challenge that, but the play itself was made, by one Darrelle Revis

That would've been a tough one to overturn. The NFL drops the ball on that replay rule IMO; The whistle was blown immediately, so even if the Jets recover (or Dolphins) who's to say either team is deserving considering more times than not players stop when the whistle is blown.

Alos, Rex said his staff told them Miami recovered the fumble, although I thought the Jets did. So who knows.

Archived