The official come cry about the Yankees payroll thread!!!

Matt39

Lets add some fuel to the fire.

In 2002, the Yankees spent $17 million more in payroll than any other team.

In 2003, the Yankees spent $35 million more in payroll than any other team.

In 2004, the Yankees spent $57 million more in payroll than any other team.

In 2005, the Yankees spent $85 million more than any other team. Not a misprint. Eight five.

In 2006, the Yankees spent $74 million more than any other team.

In 2007, the Yankees spent $40 million more than any other team -- cutbacks, you know.

In 2008, the Yankees spent $72 million more than any other team.

In 2009, the Yankees spent $52 million more than any other team.

:P:p:p

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/joe_posnanski/11/05/yankees.payroll/index.html

attachment.php?attachmentid=1001&stc=1&d=1257569660

You know what pisses me off about the Yankees spending......the fact that the Tigers are 4 spots away from them and didn't even make the EFFING playoffs.

If you watched the playoffs and the tiebreaker, you know the Tiggers took a bath on some high-quality umpiring. The "human element" of being lousy at your job being such an imperative to the genuises at MLB HQ.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1001&stc=1&d=1257569660

You know what pisses me off about the Yankees spending......the fact that the Tigers are 4 spots away from them and didn't even make the EFFING playoffs.

4 spots is nothing It is the 86 million that is the issue.

What could the Tigers do with 86 million more in salary?

A decent C? SS? 3B? Closer? CF? DH? 4th or 5th starter?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/story?id=4001123

The Yankees didn't buy a championship - I'm usually first in line when it comes to hating the New York Yankees, but after Thursday's show, listen.png even I'm coming to their defense. I can't take all of the snide comments from whiny fans who say the Yankees bought a World Series title. Stop it. Spending money doesn't equal wins. Trust me, I know. Last year my Mariners spent $117 million dollars and lost 101 games. The Astros $102 million payroll got them 88 losses this year and the Indians paid $81 million to lose 97 games. How is this possible if spending money guarantees success? Nobody complained when the Yankees were blowing all their money on Randy Johnson and Kevin Brown.Big money doesn't guarantee wins; it allows you to make mistakes. For example: $40 million for nine Carl Pavano wins in New York. If a small-market team makes that deal, it sets them back for years. The Yankees can recover in less than half a year.

Enough of these woe-is-me owners. If they spend half as much time researching players as they do crying poverty, they'd be in the playoffs every year, too. Yes, the big-market money makes it harder to sign the best players. Too bad. Be better. The Yankees don't sign everyone.

Russell Branyan cost the Mariners a whopping $1.4 million this year. He was 11th in the AL with 31 homers in just 116 games.

Bobby Abreu didn't sign with the Angels until February. That means every single team in baseball had a chance to get his 15 homers and 103 RBI. Did the Royals, Padres or Pirates pony up the 5 million? No, but somehow Kansas City found $36 million to flush down the toilet on Jose Guillen (.242, 9 HR and 40 RBI).

Every single person on this planet operates on a budget. Rich people's budgets are higher, but they still exist. Do those of us who can't afford a personal jet throw up our hands and resign ourselves to a mediocre life? No, we stop sucking down Starbucks every morning and figure out ways to stretch the money. Why should we expect less from baseball owners?

And by the way, it's not like the Yankees are stealing all their money. They make money the same way everyone else does: merchandise, ticket sales and television deals. Sure, the YES Network helps a lot, but that's one of the perks of being in the Big Apple. Without it, all those other owners wouldn't be able to cash that big, fat revenue sharing check every year.

The Yankees have been spending money my entire 24-year life. Do the other owners change their ways and sign undervalued players? No, they just sit on their butts and cry like Greeny after a bad mani/pedi. Until they change their ways, all those other teams deserve everything they get ... or don't get.

The Yankees have been spending money my entire 24-year life. Do the other owners change their ways and sign undervalued players? No, they just sit on their butts and cry like Greeny after a bad mani/pedi.

This guy might be the worst writer in the history of the written word.

Archived