RIP: Shooting at Fort Hood, TX

LoneStarLady

Horrible shooting today. You wouldn't think this would happen on a military base, but it obviously can. My thoughts and prayers to all who have been affected by this tragedy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001

12 dead, 31 injured in shootings at Fort Hood

Army psychiatrist was gunman in Texas incident, military officals tell NBC

BREAKING NEWS

NBC News and msnbc.com

updated 17 minutes ago

An Army psychiatrist opened fire Thursday at Fort Hood, Texas, killing at least 11 people and wounding 31 others before being shot to death, officials told NBC News.

NBC News’ Pete Williams reported that U.S. officials identified the gunman as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, an Army psychiatrist who had been promoted to major in May. A defense official told NBC News that Hasan arrived at Fort Hood in July for his first assignment after completing his psychiatry residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, followed by a fellowship in disaster and preventive psychiatry.

Hasan, who was 39 or 40, was scheduled to be deployed to Iraq on Nov. 28, officials said. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said military officials had told her that Hasan was “pretty upset” about his deployment orders.

Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone, commanding general of the Army’s III Corps, who briefed President Barack Obama on the shootings, said the gunman used two handguns.

091105-hassan.standard.jpg

Maj. Nidal Malik Hassan, an Army psychiatrist, was described as ‘upset’ about his pending deployment to Iraq later this month.

Two other soldiers were taken into custody after the shooting, but Rep. John Carter, R-Texas, said they later were released.

There's more to the story but I couldn't quote it all. Actually, I can't figure out how to quote an article.

Horrible shooting today. You wouldn't think this would happen on a military base, but it obviously can.

Sadly I'd have to disagree lonestar. Take thousands of people and cram them in to one area with easy access to weapons on or off base, throw in the number of cases of PTSD and it makes it more likely than most places IMO.

Sadly I'd have to disagree lonestar. Take thousands of people and cram them in to one area with easy access to weapons on or off base, throw in the number of cases of PTSD and it makes it more likely than most places IMO.

I hope you find yourself on the right side of the pond AFJF.

I agree and disagree.

In the 101st and I have seen some news stories from Bragg as well, there has been a lot of suicides and PTSD incidents. Usually, involving no more then the immediate family/GFs.

This type of action has not been too prevalent in the military. There was the fragging of a Company Commander and one of his officers by a SSG during the early years of the war. A Bragg sniper opened up on a PT formation in the 90s killing one. Other then that, I cannot think of any other mass killings.

The f'd up thing about this is this POS would likely never leave the wire. There is a special place in hell for him.

I hope you find yourself on the right side of the pond AFJF.

I agree and disagree.

In the 101st and I have seen some news stories from Bragg as well, there has been a lot of suicides and PTSD incidents. Usually, involving no more then the immediate family/GFs.

This type of action has not been too prevalent in the military. There was the fragging of a Company Commander and one of his officers by a SSG during the early years of the war. A Bragg sniper opened up on a PT formation in the 90s killing one. Other then that, I cannot think of any other mass killings.

The f'd up thing about this is this POS would likely never leave the wire. There is a special place in hell for him.

Exactly . Can't blame this on PTSD . Part of me want's this POS to stand trail then get executed the other part wants him to dienow so he can burn in hell sooner. RIP to all the brave men lost. A sad day indeed. :rip:

To add insult to injury he yelled "Allah Akbar" before shooting.
Well, see, that's because it was an act or TERROR. Ooops! I said a bad word. Screw this molly-coddling, appeasing, PC bulls hit. Even our King won't say the word outright. I thought his speech was eloquent, but to call it a 'tragedy' like some space junk fell from the sky and side-stepping THE word, tsk tsk; but is that any real surprise? And General Casey is following suit like a dolt.

The mainstream media is making EXCUSES for this guy. "Having to face the prospect of killing Muslims..." Holeee Smokes. German Americans killed Germans. Japanese Americans killed Japanese. Korean Americans killed Koreans, etc. Uh, America first. And, the warning signs were there for a long time that this jerkoff was a loaded weapon. He's been carrying on for who knows how long - out loud - and no-one put him under watch, outrightly reported him, or jettisoned his ass because of the fear of being seen as discriminatory? Are you kidding me?!

This is ten times WORSE for the majority of Muslim Americans who detest exactly what Hosan embraced. Our politicos running from being HONEST about the situation only exacerbates the problem: Muslim extremists, just like other extremists, exist. It's a tough stain of reality, but avoiding the crux and core of the subject solves nothing. What's next, blaming the victims? I don't care what color, religion, race or ethnicity ANYONE is (Timothy McVeigh, thanks), I don't care whether it's an individual acting on their own or acting through organized structure, terrorism is terrorism. If some piece of white bread shoots up a daycare center, same thing, an act of terrorism. And that's what Major Hasan is: A TERRORIST. I said it, and I'm glad.

All that aside, was anyone else besides me a little put off that the day after the massacre the Yankees Parade was on the FRONT PAGE of every newspaper? It should have gone on the BACK PAGE out of respect, they could have had all of the parade inserts, but the front pages belonged to Ft. Hood. The papers had all week to run the Parade on the front after that. A game vs. dead soldiers and civilians and the game wins? OK.

P.S.: I expect this post to last all of ten seconds. 10, 9, 8, 7... :)

Well, see, that's because it was an act or terror. Ooops! I said a bad word. Screw this molly-coddling, appeasing, PC bulls hit. Even our King won't say the word outright. I thought his speech was eloquent, but to call it a 'tragedy' like some space junk fell from the sky and side-stepping THE word, tsk tsk; but is that any real surprise? And General Casey is following suit like a dolt.

The mainstream media is making EXCUSES for this guy. "Having to face the prospect of killing Muslims..." Holeee Smokes. German Americans killed Germans. Japanese Americans killed Japanese. Korean Americans killed Koreans, etc. Uh, America first. And, the warning signs were there for a long time that this jerkoff was a loaded weapon. He's been carrying on for who knows how long - out loud - and no-one put him under watch, outrightly reported him, or jettisoned his ass because of the fear of being seen as discriminatory? Are you kidding me?!

This is ten times WORSE for the majority of Muslim Americans who detest exactly what Hosan embraced. Our politicos running from being HONEST about the situation only exacerbates the problem. What's next, blaming the victims? I don't care what color, religion, race or ethinicity ANYONE is (Timothy McVeigh, thanks), I don't care whether it's an individual acting on their own or acting through organized structure, terrorism is terrorism. And that's what Major Hasan is: A TERRORIST. I said it, and I'm glad.

All that aside, was anyone else besides me a little put off that the day after the massacre the Yankees Parade was on the FRONT PAGE of every newspaper? It should have gone on the BACK PAGE out of respect, they could have had all of the parade inserts, but the front pages belonged to Ft. Hood. The papers had all week to run the Parade on the front after that. A game vs. dead soldiers and civilians and the game wins? OK.

Seems to be a theme in all these tragedies

Bravo, Phile!!! Bravo!!! This country has become so pc to the detriment of its citizens. I am nominating this for post of the year!!!

Well, see, that's because it was an act or TERROR. Ooops! I said a bad word. Screw this molly-coddling, appeasing, PC bulls hit. Even our King won't say the word outright. I thought his speech was eloquent, but to call it a 'tragedy' like some space junk fell from the sky and side-stepping THE word, tsk tsk; but is that any real surprise? And General Casey is following suit like a dolt.

This is ten times WORSE for the majority of Muslim Americans who detest exactly what Hosan embraced. Our politicos running from being HONEST about the situation only exacerbates the problem: Muslim extremists, just like other extremists, exist. It's a tough stain of reality, but avoiding the crux and core of the subject solves nothing. What's next, blaming the victims? I don't care what color, religion, race or ethnicity ANYONE is (Timothy McVeigh, thanks), I don't care whether it's an individual acting on their own or acting through organized structure, terrorism is terrorism. If some piece of white bread shoots up a daycare center, same thing, an act of terrorism. And that's what Major Hasan is: A TERRORIST. I said it, and I'm glad.

:sign0098::good:

Oh, my garden peas, what's comes out? Business cards that say SOA (Soldier of Allah), ties to Al-Qaeda, shocking, I tell you, shocking! I'll keep it completely logical so as not to ruffle the feathers of those who still want to excuse Major Hasan's 'transgressions under stress'. It's completely analagous.

Let's say a German American in WW II is counseling soldiers coming back from the Pacific Theater. There he is, complimenting the superior qualities of Der Fuher, how proud he is of his Aryan 'heritage', marches around in his American uniform yelling 'Heil!', gushes about the 'Final Solution' all as he regales said soldiers with a rousing rendition of 'Deutschland

Oh, my garden peas, what's comes out? Business cards that say SOA (Soldier of Allah), ties to Al-Qaeda, shocking, I tell you, shocking! I'll keep it completely logical so as not to ruffle the feathers of those who still want to excuse Major Hasan's 'transgressions under stress'. It's completely analagous.

Let's say a German American in WW II is counseling soldiers coming back from the Pacific Theater. There he is, complimenting the superior qualities of Der Fuher, how proud he is of his Aryan 'heritage', marches around in his American uniform yelling 'Heil!', gushes about the 'Final Solution' all as he regales said soldiers with a rousing rendition of 'Deutschland

Archived