I'm done with the Jets. Help me pick my new team to root for.

Arsis

why would I break the rules. Do I look like you? I think not, I have not received any serious trauma to the face recently. In your defense you're saying that your post not only defended Scientology but insulted Christianity. Like that makes it any better. This is a thread about me jumping ship to the colts so unless you want to talk about the living legend Peyton Manning. Be gone with you.

Wow. You, sir, are guilty of reading what you want to see and hearing what you want to. What I merely suggested was any religion above any another? Hasn't that problem been how so many wars have been started? Is scientology the best? Is Christianity the best? Who knows? Is Islam the perfect religion? Who knows. You posted that a scientologist had done awful "cult" like crimes. I made the ridiculous claim that people following various religions had done likewise and perhaps there is not the perfect, cleanest religion, and that neither is better than the other and. Believers of each religion do bad things. Don't blame the acts on the religion, but perhaps on the person? Crusades?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PLEASE post my post here. Please. I will not comment until you do. And when you do, illustrate where I support ANY religion, not just Scientology.

sorry for the kiss of death to this thread, but here goes

I got your point in that thread haggis.

I found it hugely ironic someone would use violence and fraud to discredit one group as cultists to defend a "proper religion"

how many people were murdered, tortured and maimed in the name of a "proper" religion over the years ?

millions ?

you could also make the case that when jesus of nazareth showed up in jerusalem with a few dozen followers they represented the very definition of a cult and it wasn't until constantine took christianity as the official religion of rome for purely political reasons that it became regognized as a "proper religion" in the first place

and that took only 380 years

ignorance indeed

Wow. You, sir, are guilty of reading what you want to see and hearing what you want to. What I merely suggested was any religion above any another? Hasn't that problem been how so many wars have been started? Is scientology the best? Is Christianity the best? Who knows? Is Islam the perfect religion? Who knows. You posted that a scientologist had done awful "cult" like crimes. I made the ridiculous claim that people following various religions had done likewise and perhaps there is not the perfect, cleanest religion, and that neither is better than the other and. Believers of each religion do bad things. Don't blame the acts on the religion, but perhaps on the person? Crusades?

http://tinyurl.com/ygv3ekv

sorry for the kiss of death to this thread, but here goes

I got your point in that thread haggis.

I found it hugely ironic someone would use violence and fraud to discredit one group as cultists to defend a "proper religion"

how many people were murdered, tortured and maimed in the name of a "proper" religion over the years ?

millions ?

you could also make the case that when jesus of nazareth showed up in jerusalem with a few dozen followers they represented the very definition of a cult and it wasn't until constantine took christianity as the official religion of rome for purely political reasons that it became regognized as a "proper religion" in the first place

and that took only 380 years

ignorance indeed

Bah, There is a difference between a thousand year old religious that is open and honest with it's history and belief system and a cult that was created by a science fiction writer for money and tax breaks. What is scientology's beliefs? body Theatans and the intergalactic warlord xenu killing people in volcano's. That is what people who left the church said it was. You really can no know because they are not open with their beliefs and what they stand for. Jesus preached brotherhood and peace. Scientology signs people to million year contracts and make them stop taking their medications no matter how serious the illness and alienate them from their families. Scientology isn't a religion.

hey Arsis if you need a new team to root for how about rooting for every team that can possibly help us on a week to week basis, oh yea and every team that plays Miami and NE after this week. As I said in my new thread this week I'm a Patriots fan.

hey Arsis if you need a new team to root for how about rooting for every team that can possibly help us on a week to week basis, oh yea and every team that plays Miami and NE after this week. As I said in my new thread this week I'm a Patriots fan.

This is a smart man! I'm going with your idea!

Archived