The Official NE Patriot vs Miami DolPHAG gameday thread

Thai Jet

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now lets all look to the "classy" dolphags and see how they react to this loss. Maybe the Jets can learn how to properly react to a loss.

You know like the usual, we still are the better team and the better team did not win this game, or maybe they will point towards a bad ref call.

I cannot wait, they should create their own school on how to lose with "class".

Guys if you go over and check out fanhell.com you'll see how "classy" the Fins fans are. Half their threads are just trash talking JetNation. Well, not too many Fin trolls this week I'd suspect. "Best 3-5 team in the league" LOL

"Best 3-5 team in the league" now thats a good one..lol

Awful result for the Jets.

Meh, we need some help now to catch the Pats. The Phins absolutely ****ing suck. They were NEVER going compete in this division. I'd be shocked if they win 7 games.

Here's hoping Indy take 'em down. I don't think the Pats are as good as advertised. We absolutely need to sweep them. Nothing else will do.

Layoff the Bushmills

ya i hear ya, BUT you have to admit, the Jets have actually played well enough to be tied or in 1st..if iyt werent for a few absurd bonehead coach moments and 'every millenium special teams ' moments,,oh well, thats part of game also...:D

Awful result for the Jets.

I still don't understand your thinking on this. It was mentioned in the other thread and it still doesn't make sense.

The Jets currently own the tiebreaker to the Pats and lose it to the Fins. The Jets are 1 1/2 games behind the Pats because of the tiebreaker advantage. The Jets are a 1/2 game up on the Fins. If the Fins won today the Jets would be 1/2 games BEHIND the Fins. So this would be the breakdown:

1. Pats - 6-3

2. Fins - 4-4 - 1 game behind Pats

3. Jets - 4-4 - 1/2 game behind Fins

Mathematically speaking, from a 2 way time scenario:

Let's say the Jets end up 12-4. Both the Pats & Fins can't end up 12-4 since they play each other and the Jets going 12-4. So one of the Fins and Pats need to be no more than 11-4.

Now, for tiebreaking purposes, if the Jets are 12-4 they only win the division if the Pats are 12-4 and the Fins are 11-5. If the Fins are 12-4, the Fins win the division over the Jets because of the tiebreaker.

Thus, today's Pats victory was a great result for the Jets.

I still don't understand your thinking on this. It was mentioned in the other thread and it still doesn't make sense.

The Jets currently own the tiebreaker to the Pats and lose it to the Fins. The Jets are 1 1/2 games behind the Pats because of the tiebreaker advantage. The Jets are a 1/2 game up on the Fins. If the Fins won today the Jets would be 1/2 games BEHIND the Fins. So this would be the breakdown:

1. Pats - 6-3

Let's say the Jets end up 12-4. Both the Pats & Fins can't end up 12-4 since they play each other and the Jets going 12-4. So one of the Fins and Pats need to be no more than 11-4.

Now, for tiebreaking purposes, if the Jets are 12-4 they only win the division if the Pats are 12-4 and the Fins are 11-5. If the Fins are 12-4, the Fins win the division over the Jets because of the tiebreaker.

Way too much time spent over analyzing a situation that is meaningless. Your dream scenario aint happening. Face it...You aint going dancin this year.

Way too much time spent over analyzing a situation that is meaningless. Your dream scenario aint happening. Face it...You aint going dancin this year.

At 4-4 you cannot make that statement as a fact. I remember a certain team who was 4-4 and went on to win the Super Bowl by beating a team who started 18-0.

1. Pats - 6-3

I couldn't disagree more....

A Miami win yesterday leaves them both a game behind New England. If Miami had won, yeah they would have leap frogged over the Jets into second because of the tie breaker but both would have been just a game behind New England.

Now look at this week coming up

Jacksonville at Jets

New England at Indy

Now on paper this looks like a Jets win and Pats loss which would leave the Jets tied for the division lead heading into New England for a showdown for first place in the AFC East.

Miami is playing Tampa Bay next week so you figure Miami should win that game.

To me I would rather be going into New England potentially tied for first place and playing for sole possesion or a share with Miami rather than going there a game out and looking to just get even.

I can't worry about Miami. The Jets had their shot not once but twice and blew it. Those games are done and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Rooting for New England yesterday was basically admitting that the Jets have no shot at winning the AFC East and settling for a possible Wild Card birth.

I couldn't disagree more....

A Miami win yesterday leaves them both a game behind New England. If Miami had won, yeah they would have leap frogged over the Jets into second because of the tie breaker but both would have been just a game behind New England.

Now look at this week coming up

Jacksonville at Jets

New England at Indy

Now on paper this looks like a Jets win and Pats loss which would leave the Jets tied for the division lead heading into New England for a showdown for first place in the AFC East.

Miami is playing Tampa Bay next week so you figure Miami should win that game.

To me I would rather be going into New England potentially tied for first place and playing for sole possesion or a share with Miami rather than going there a game out and looking to just get even.

I can't worry about Miami. The Jets had their shot not once but twice and blew it. Those games are done and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Rooting for New England yesterday was basically admitting that the Jets have no shot at winning the AFC East and settling for a possible Wild Card birth.

colts have lost 3 out of 4 starting Dbs. pats will prob win

Wrong.

If the Dolphins beat the Pats, we are in THIRD PLACE. The Dolphins have Tampa Bay and Carolina coming up, two games that they will win, leaving them at 6-4. We do not have the tiebreaker with them meaning the best we could be, no matter what we do against the Jags and Pats, is second place.

Now, if the Jets beat the Jags and the Pats lose to the Colts, November 22nd is for FIRST PLACE. The winner is in first. Either the Pats would take the lead by 2 games, plus the tiebreaker or if we win we then tie them for first but we would have the tie break so we'd be in first place.

And, even if the Pats beat the Colts as long as we beat them we are 6-4, they are 7-3 and all we would need to do is make up 1 game on them in 6 weeks and the following weeks they play New Orleans and Miami on the road while we face Carolina and Buffalo.

How is that throwing away the division?

95% of Jet fans had it right yesterday in rooting for New England. It is painfully obvious that was the way to go.

Now lets all look to the "classy" dolphags and see how they react to this loss. Maybe the Jets can learn how to properly react to a loss.

You know like the usual, we still are the better team and the better team did not win this game, or maybe they will point towards a bad ref call.

I cannot wait, they should create their own school on how to lose with "class".

No reason to be upset at this loss. New England is a flat out better team than Miami. They were coming off a bye week, and it showed. We were absolutely dominated in the trenches.

In an regard, this game showed the Phins are a few players and maybe a couple years away from being elite.

Keep rubbing that crystal ball. I hope it helped you win the lottery.

I have no "dream scenarios." For the time being, I'm sticking purely to mathematics.

Shawn, the Jets CAN'T SHARE 1ST PLACE with Miami. That's the point.

Even if tied, the Fins are the team in 1st because of the tiebreaker. On the other hand, a tie between the Jets & Pats means the Jets are in 1st because the Jets would own the tiebreaker.

Don't you get it?

Absolutely not. Rooting for the Pats yesterday was FOR THE DIVISION. It had absolutely nothing to do with the Wild Card.

124 explained it clearer than anyone else.

Archived