Gholston

4HCrew

So at what point does this expensive pet project become an admitted failure? If VG cannot make any impact on special teams why even have him active? I know it is beating a dead horse, but you need aggressive, physical players on special teams

At this point I'd rather have Marques Murrell active for Special Teams than have Gholston active just to save face. We already blew a guaranteed $21 million on him, plus his yearly salary, so who cares if he's active and gets 5 snaps a game. Inactive his ass and win games by not letting up Special Teams touchdowns. Keep Murrell active.

yeah Matt I agree but how do we proceed with this disaster ? maybe ask him to gain 50 pounds and play O-Line ? he knows how to occupy

Id assume he'll get another shot next season during training camp, but he'll probably be released next summer.

My friend was at that Kerry Rhodes event last week, which was Gholston was at. He told me he socialized with none of the other players that were there and really didnt get the impression that anyone on the team liked him. He sat at the table all night by himself only speaking to his publicist.

Is there a chance he might look attractive enough to trade if he's kept on the field in a less critical role?

Maybe we should put a call in to Al Davis :rim:

Seriously no team in the NFL would take this contract on, so in reality we cant even give him away.

My friend was at that Kerry Rhodes event last week, which was Gholston was at. He told me he socialized with none of the other players that were there and really didnt get the impression that anyone on the team liked him. He sat at the table all night by himself only speaking to his publicist.

If true, that sucks.

Players could resent his fat paycheck and piss poor performances, or he could just be wallowing in his own self-loathing. Either way, it's a terrible sign.

If true, that sucks.

Players could resent his fat paycheck and piss poor performances, or he could just be wallowing in his own self-loathing. Either way, it's a terrible sign.

He said it was weird to see. He actually felt bad for him and went up to talk to him, trying to offer some encouragement. He's just a quiet guy. And that ethusiasm carrys onto the field as well, unfortunately.

However his arms were about the size of his waist he said.

At this point I'd rather have Marques Murrell active for Special Teams than have Gholston active just to save face.

say what you will about vernon gholston, at least he's not taking swings at the other team. Marques Murrell is extremely lucky he didn't get cut after Buffalo.

He said it was weird to see. He actually felt bad for him and went up to talk to him, trying to offer some encouragement. He's just a quiet guy. And that ethusiasm carrys onto the field as well, unfortunately.

However his arms were about the size of his waist he said.

from what I've heard about VG over the years, he's not depressed. That's how he is.... all the time. Quirky... distant... not like the rest of the locker room.

worrysome? maybe... but that attitude not uncommon for world class athletes playing a game they are built for... but don't really love.

If i had to compare his mindset to another player it would be ricky williams.

from what I've heard about VG over the years, he's not depressed. That's how he is.... all the time. Quirky... distant... not like the rest of the locker room.

I don't even think he's in the locker room at this point considering he's stuck in the closet. Which I guess could result in depression...

If RJF says he's gay, he might as well be marching at the head of the parade, based on the principle of 'It takes one to know one'.

Now that that is settled... Gholston will not be inactivated, nor should he be. Based on what's invested, you have to give the guy every chance to succeed, even if the chances are slim at best.

My best guess is that as soon as it makes financial sense to drop him, that's exactly what will happen. That keeps him on the team next year, and probably the following year.

yeah Matt I agree but how do we proceed with this disaster ? maybe ask him to gain 50 pounds and play O-Line ? he knows how to occupy

Jets can't cut him this year as the accelaration on his signing bonus would kill them with the cap.

If next year is uncapped I would expect to see him cut, not be picked up off of waiver and then get signed by a team at or close to a min contract.

Is there a chance he might look attractive enough to trade if he's kept on the field in a less critical role?

that's what i'm thinking. lets find a way to trade him for a 5th or 6th rounder. lets get something for him. and lets kick the crap out of whichever person in fo that said hey lets grap ghoulston. he looks good in shorts.

there's no upside to cutting or trading a 23 year old world class athlete with his best football in front of him

remember the game when Jenkins got hurt... Pouha took his place... but Gholston took Pouha's place as the 2nd team NT (devito and pito were inactive). VG held the nose in the 3-4 at 270, that's how freakish of an athlete he is.

there's no upside to cutting or trading a 23 year old world class athlete with his best football in front of him

remember the game when Jenkins got hurt... Pouha took his place... but Gholston took Pouha's place as the 2nd team NT (devito and pito were inactive). VG held the nose in the 3-4 at 270, that's how freakish of an athlete he is.

Dude, you have to stop with this. If he was that freakish of an athlete, he'd be playing. His football speed is poor and has poor lateral quickness.

Just for the hell of it...

Bryan Thomas has 24 tackles, and 1 sack this year, and he plays A LOT more than Gholston. We're not exactly getting first found production out of this guy either but I don't see 20 threads a day criticizing him either.

I'm not saying I'm not disappointed in Gholston because I am, but I'm also disappointed in Thomas. His only good year was his contract year, and it took several years for him to make even a small impact.

Just for the hell of it...

Bryan Thomas has 24 tackles, and 1 sack this year, and he plays A LOT more than Gholston. We're not exactly getting first found production out of this guy either but I don't see 20 threads a day criticizing him either.

I'm not saying I'm not disappointed in Gholston because I am, but I'm also disappointed in Thomas. His only good year was his contract year, and it took several years for him to make even a small impact.

Thomas has always been a JAG.

He's a decent fill in guy. Was drafted to be an edge rusher in the mold of Abe and hasnt come close to that. That position should be upgraded as well.

the defense is by far the strongest unit on the team... it makes little sense to bash any particular member of the strongest unit on the team. Even without Jenkins they are still kicking ass.

The Patriots are 18-0, no need to worry about the offensive line.

worrysome? maybe... but that attitude not uncommon for world class athletes playing a game they are built for... but don't really love.

If i had to compare his mindset to another player it would be ricky williams.

Then get his azz some weed, granola and a couple yoga classes.

Archived