Gholston

4HCrew

there's no upside to cutting or trading a 23 year old world class athlete with his best football in front of him

remember the game when Jenkins got hurt... Pouha took his place... but Gholston took Pouha's place as the 2nd team NT (devito and pito were inactive). VG held the nose in the 3-4 at 270, that's how freakish of an athlete he is.

I hope you have kids because you would make a way better father than me. Un=conditional love is another word for Bitonti.

I hope you have kids because you would make a way better father than me. Un=conditional love is another word for Bitonti.

aw shucks

but if u want to see my unconditional hate go search on my posts about clemens... or even better, bollinger

i have a soft spot for athletes who are truly elite, look at the NFL, it's not uncommon bias

Look at Pouha

Against the dolphins he was awesome....sometimes it takes some guys a few years to develope

I've seen that thrown out about Gholston before. The problem with the comparison is that Gholston already has 18.5 million reasons in the bank to not really care about becoming a "late bloomer". There are very few high draft picks that ever become "late bloomers" and I think that is the primary reason. I would thnk at this point the odds are really stacked against Gholston. It cant get much worse than having a special teams coach publically wonder why the number 6 overall pick was active over a hanger on like Marques Murell.

I've seen that thrown out about Gholston before. The problem with the comparison is that Gholston already has 18.5 million reasons in the bank to not really care about becoming a "late bloomer". There are very few high draft picks that ever become "late bloomers" and I think that is the primary reason. I would thnk at this point the odds are really stacked against Gholston. It cant get much worse than having a special teams coach publically wonder why the number 6 overall pick was active over a hanger on like Marques Murell.

The problem with that is that he's got 50+ years after this sport to live with it.

I have no idea whether he realizes that or not, but it'd be very telling.

He seems like a prime candidate to breakout on his second team, but I really couldn't care less. Tons of guys have had trouble with the 3-4 transition. It's just that at this point, unless he shows something over the next 8, I think he will hit distraction/nuisance level. I'd rather we cut him this offseason than cling to hope for next year.

The problem with that is that he's got 50+ years after this sport to live with it.

I have no idea whether he realizes that or not, but it'd be very telling.

He seems like a prime candidate to breakout on his second team, but I really couldn't care less. Tons of guys have had trouble with the 3-4 transition. It's just that at this point, unless he shows something over the next 8, I think he will hit distraction/nuisance level. I'd rather we cut him this offseason than cling to hope for next year.

He's had a fair amount of opportunities as an edge rusher too, not just an OLB.

Ok so far VG has not turned out to be all everyone expected including myself. But the first 4 games he started the Jets were 3-1 and they were among the league leaders in defense. What gives? The guy is rough araound the edges I say give him time.

I was of that mindset too. But geez you guys should have seen some kind of flashes of his potential by now. I think it may just be time to give up on him developing into a good to great player.

Archived