*BREAKING* Chiefs cut Larry Johnson

Vudu

The Steelers aren't the only sports team to apply a double standard. But at a time when plenty of NFL teams fret about the potential fallout from the arrival of controversial players, the Steelers are fortunate to have a forgiving fan base and a local media that consists of plenty of eyes accustomed to looking the other way

In other words, the Steelers are a franchise run by men that want to win championships, and have a fanbase full of men and women that want to see the team win championships. Instead of the pussified fanbases for most of the league.

That means getting good players in that won't disrupt the team. LJ kinda sucks so he doesn't fit that bill. Boy scout teams suck, Mangini's boy scouts all fail.

his contract is guaranteed by chiefs if not claimed

Steelers Eagles or pats are likely suitors

He wants to play for the Steelers, but I don't see that organization taking an interest in him. Same goes for teams like the 49ers ... Singletary is a no-nonsense guy, I don't see him taking on LJ.

Should he clear wavers he certainly could end up in New England, which I actually don't think would be the worst thing in the world. Really though, I expect someone will claim him on waivers ... my guess is the Seahawks, who just cut loose Edgerrin James a few days ago.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him sit for a little bit, considering his surly attitude and the fact that he basically ran himself out of KC.

With Mendenhall in house and running very, very well, I doubt the Steelers would take a look at him.

Schefter: Larry Johnson wants to play for the Steelers

Posted by Mike Florio on November 9, 2009 8:02 PM ET

So if running back Larry Johnson clears waivers and becomes a free agent, where would he like to play?

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Johnson hopes to be a Steeler.

And, frankly, the Steelers would be one of the few teams that would be undeterred by Johnson's history of misconduct, if the Steelers decide that they want him. Sure, if he wasn't a very good player, the fact that he has a history of disrespecting women and a more recent habit of homophobic slurs would keep the Steelers from ever considering him. But if the Steelers decide that Johnson can help the cause, we'll hear about second chances and mitigating circumstances.

Case in point? Current Steelers linebacker James Harrison and former Steelers receiver Cedrick Wilson engaged in similar conduct only a week or so apart in March 2008. Excuses were made for Harrison; Wilson received no such consideration.

The Steelers aren't the only sports team to apply a double standard. But at a time when plenty of NFL teams fret about the potential fallout from the arrival of controversial players, the Steelers are fortunate to have a forgiving fan base and a local media that consists of plenty of eyes accustomed to looking the other way.

In other words, the Steelers are a franchise run by men that want to win championships, and have a fanbase full of men and women that want to see the team win championships. Instead of the pussified fanbases for most of the league.

That means getting good players in that won't disrupt the team. LJ kinda sucks so he doesn't fit that bill. Boy scout teams suck, Mangini's boy scouts all fail.

I was speaking with a Giants fan that wants to "SIGN THIS BEAST!" He says that sure Jacobs averaged 6 ypc, but they can't rely on the running game and can't convert 3rd and 1. OTOH, he also claims that they can't win because they miss Burress despite Smith leading the league in receptions. Of course, Eli gets no blame for any of this.

the talk of johnson going to this team or that team is all well and good, but people are forgetting that this turd has no steam left on it .

turd.gif

Well the Eagles are worst in NFL at 3rd and 1, he would come cheap as Chiefs

responsible for his contract if unclaimed. They already have Vick

The Steelers a nice insurance policy in case RM gets hurt

The pats bleh none of us want him to go there

remember the KC OL may be worst in NFL

I'm with ya serphnx...I've been saying it since Herm was the coach...hey he's a New York boy, bring him home

on note how hot is that chick in the picture with him zowee

Colts have Addai and Brown. No need there.

Cards have Hightower and Wells. No need there.

Bolts have way too much money tied into RB contracts.

Texans still think Slaton is the future, and he is.

production says otherwise

all teams I mentioned are bottom 5 in the NFL in yards per attempt

that's right, bottom 5

:rl:

from espn this morning:

No team claimed running back Larry Johnson off waivers, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, which means Johnson now is free to sign with any team and the Kansas City Chiefs must pay him the balance of the $2.1 million left on his contract this season.

:rl:

from espn this morning:

No team claimed running back Larry Johnson off waivers, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, which means Johnson now is free to sign with any team and the Kansas City Chiefs must pay him the balance of the $2.1 million left on his contract this season.

Now they can sign him for cheap..expect pats to get him now

Archived