Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

Official Red Sox Off-Season Thread

Yeah...for keeping VMart.

WTF....for keeping Wake. Shouldn't his ERA be over? Unless this means Clay is San Diego bound in order to pry Adrian Gonzalez out of San Diego.

Hopefully, Alex Gonzo will be back at a more equitable price. Kind of like Hermida as a nice back-up to Bay/Holliday (assuming they get one) and Drew. And if he ever fulfills his potential.........

It's going to take a lot to get Adrian Gonzalez from the Padres and Clay HAS to be part of any package. I'm NOT impressed with Hermida and I just wished Bay had been resigned last off season. We've still got 10 days. Just get it done.

Hermida is going to be a 4th outfielder. He's better than Rocco Baldelli and can play every day if need be. Difference betwene Hermida and Smoltz and Penny are age and injury. Hermida is still pretty young and both Penny and Smoltz were coming off injury. We'll see how it works out, but it didn't cost them much of anything.

And it's decent insurance if they don't resign Bay.

The battle for second place! Will the Red Sox let the Mets spend the 2nd most $ in all of baseball?! Will the Mets let the Red Sox?! Who. Will. It. Be?!

IMHO it's a pretty slim FA class out there. Can't see spending too much for anybody.

I think they would be willing to move him an another piece, but not the whole farm.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bay turns down 4years-60 Million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4670780

I agree, Clay IS the center piece of any Red Sox trade. I just want us to get Bay back in Fenway next year. This should have gotten done during last years off season.

Why is this funny?

Who knows and who really cares since he's a Yankee fan. :biggrin:

Anyone hear anything about the Red Sox resigning Jason Bay which would free up others to be included in a trade for Adrien Gonzalez ?

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company