Official Red Sox Off-Season Thread

CrazyCarl40

100+ runs, 30+HR, 100+ RBI in 4 of the past 5 years. How many other players have done that?

Probably not too many.

Now imagine if he was not as streaky as he has been his entire career. He might be 40 HR-120 RBI guy every year. Manny type numbers.

In each of his seven seasons, he has has wild month to month fluctuations. Last year in April, August and September, he would be worth every penny. From May through July, he was not even a .250 hitter. He slumped in late May to .264, but had a little power still. He then hit .230 in June and .192 in July with a combined 5 homeruns. That is his motus operandi for his entire career.

He is not like Teix a slow starter and then killer the last 5 months. He will hit .330 one month. Then .250 the next month. Only 3 months in his 7 year career did he see his BA rise/fall by 10 points in any given month. Most months his BA rise/fall by 20-50 points.

Probably not too many.

Now imagine if he was not as streaky as he has been his entire career. He might be 40 HR-120 RBI guy every year. Manny type numbers.

In each of his seven seasons, he has has wild month to month fluctuations. Last year in April, August and September, he would be worth every penny. From May through July, he was not even a .250 hitter. He slumped in late May to .264, but had a little power still. He then hit .230 in June and .192 in July with a combined 5 homeruns. That is his motus operandi for his entire career.

He is not like Teix a slow starter and then killer the last 5 months. He will hit .330 one month. Then .250 the next month. Only 3 months in his 7 year career did he see his BA rise/fall by 10 points in any given month. Most months his BA rise/fall by 20-50 points.

Monthly batting average? Really?

Monthly batting average? Really?

Well, the dude wants to get paid in excess of 15 million a season for hitting and he has a history of not hitting for months at a time. So yeah....batting average.

I could have shown every month and broke it down to the OPS+, but I figured the point was made, but I guess I do have to breakdown to the 2nd grade level for Skank Nation.

Sox signed Marco Scutaro to a 2 year deal. Sox will lose their first round pick, but had one with the Braves signing Wagner. Probably a better one too.

Takashi Saito signed with the Braves.

If Scutaro hits like he did last year, he is an upgrade over Lugo/Green. Granted, a steaming pile of $hit is an upgrade as well.

Lowrie you are on the clock. You have two years to get your proverbial $hit together.

If Scutaro hits like he did last year, he is an upgrade over Lugo/Green. Granted, a steaming pile of $hit is an upgrade as well.

Lowrie you are on the clock. You have two years to get your proverbial $hit together.

Lowrie is done as a Sox. In two years Jose Iglesias will be ready.

Lowrie is done as a Sox. In two years Jose Iglesias will be ready.

I forgot about him. I remember reading they were surprised how well he played in the Arizona League.

Still, they might need Lowrie for a year or two after Scutaro to make sure Iglesias can handle Boston.

• 3 weeks later...
Lowell trade is off

By Rob Bradford

Mike Lowell will have to have surgery on his right thumb after it was determined he has a torn radiall colateral ligament. The surgery will take place shortly after Christmas, with the recovery time approximately 6-8 weeks. The diagnosis means the trade between the Red Sox and Rangers, which would have sent Lowell to Texas along with $9 million for minor league catcher/first baseman Max Ramirez is off.

More to come …

Bwa-hahhahaahahahahahahaha

Archived