How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

Maxman

NS-would you say it is competitive, when one team uses another as a farm system, to stash players, make lopsided trades?

That's competitive?

Other than Roger Maris and Babe Ruth, give me a player(s) that made a difference in those championship years? By the way, Yanks could have had Mays and Aaron too and that's a fact. Could you imagine Aaron, Mantle and Mays on the same team...you guys would have blown your heads off.

The point is, if other team owners (speaking currently now) were as compassionate as the Steinbrenner family and not just talking about money, because there are teams out there spending as well there would be maybe your Mets with a couple more titles. In fact the Sux had the biggest payroll discrepancy when they played the Rockies so get on them somewhat.

Money helps a great deal putting a competitive team on the field, I am not denying that. Winning a championship does not or the Yanks would win every year. Hey, I remember the '63 Yanks taking on the Dodgers. Yanks were heavily favored to win it easily...until they met the likes of Koufax, Drysdale and Podres.

It's all about the pitching...always has and always will be. I'm hoping the Yanks pick up another starter and I don't care if it's through FA or trade.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Show me where I even made a comparison to the Phillies? You are now making things up.

What took the Yanks over the top this year? An injury to Wang? The development of Hughes and Chamberlain?

Ha.

never said YOU were making the comparison. you're making up that i was making that up lol. i made the comparison because you like to pretend the yankees only win because of free agency. when the phillies hade more free agents on their roster than the yankees. and the yankees won.

btw.... 27 titles hoo-rah!

One more thing Scotty, you brought up the '61 Yanks...how about addressing their "core" team where 7 out of the starting 9 were through the Yankees farm system. You seemed to coat it with some players they obtained with the A's...none of which (other than Maris) contributed in a big way that year.

One more thing Scotty, you brought up the '61 Yanks...how about addressing their "core" team where 7 out of the starting 9 were through the Yankees farm system. You seemed to coat it with some players they obtained with the A's...none of which (other than Maris) contributed in a big way that year.

You never answered my question if you think that one team using another merely to stash players and make lopsided trades with, is cheating?

More home grown players on the Yankees. Fact.

You cant spin your way out of this fact with your typical irrelevant rhetoric. You still tried tho, congrats.

Doesn't it make sense that the Yankees HAVE to have more homegrown talent because of the wealth of money spent on free agents? As much as Yankees fans would like you cannot have All-Stars fill out your bench and bullpen and end of the rotation starters.

Doesn't it make sense that the Yankees HAVE to have more homegrown talent because of the wealth of money spent on free agents? As much as Yankees fans would like you cannot have All-Stars fill out your bench and bullpen and end of the rotation starters.

They also have, as others do, the ability to buy players who are not in the draft (world players).

You never answered my question if you think that one team using another merely to stash players and make lopsided trades with, is cheating?

I did answer your question. Maybe not to your liking, but the Yankees didn't win that '61 championship (you brought up that team) by "stashing" (what a joke word to try a prove a point).

Come on Scotty, you brought up the '61 Yankees team...how did that team with "overstocked" players from the A's (I guess you're referring to them) win them a championship...Roger Maris? Yep, he alone won them the series. I've already posted that their starting nine that year had 7 home grown Yankees starting. How come teams like the Giants and Dodgers back in the day didn't win as many? They certainly had comparable players. Enough of trying to rain on the Yankees parade.

27 and counting......The best sports franchise ever. Get use to it. I have a long, long time ago.

That actually doesn't make sense. The Yankees have how many Hall of Famers on their team that they drafted?

That actually doesn't make sense. The Yankees have how many Hall of Famers on their team that they drafted?

Max, here's the deal. Fans from other teams will make up all kinds of excuses as to why the Yankees win titles...you know them all. They don't give the team any credit because they feel they bought them or some other lame excuse. But, one thing they are forgetting and there is a ton of proof...it's called EXECUTION...you don't execute, you ain't winning. I don't care how many players you buy, trade or create in some lab out in Area 51.

The New York Yankess...thanks Dad for taking me to my first game when I was 3 years old back in '51. My son now thanks me and I tell him to thank his late grandfather...too bad about those Jets though...imagine being a Mets and Jets fan...I'd kill myself. Not really, but it would suck.:puke:

I did answer your question. Maybe not to your liking, but the Yankees didn't win that '61 championship (you brought up that team) by "stashing" (what a joke word to try a prove a point).

Come on Scotty, you brought up the '61 Yankees team...how did that team with "overstocked" players from the A's (I guess you're referring to them) win them a championship...Roger Maris? Yep, he alone won them the series. I've already posted that their starting nine that year had 7 home grown Yankees starting. How come teams like the Giants and Dodgers back in the day didn't win as many? They certainly had comparable players. Enough of trying to rain on the Yankees parade.

27 and counting......The best sports franchise ever. Get use to it. I have a long, long time ago.

NS, I will answer it for you-It is cheating

Hey Scott -- I like you a lot. You know that. You are doing nothing more than trolling now though when it comes to the Yankees. You are hijacking every single thread with this stuff.

If you want to start a thread to discuss the Yankees and the money side go for it. But trolling in every other thread and hijacking things, it is just driving people crazy.

Back on topic. I was joking when I said the Yankees would win 4 or more in a row. I do think they have a good shot at winning next year.

Here is an interesting article on Wang for next year: http://bases.nbcsports.com/2009/11/yankees-may-non-tender-wang-following-surgery.html.php

Na max, none of the homegrown yankees contributed anything all season. All bench guys/spot starters. :yes:

Don't be afraid to comepletely spin what I said guys. I wasn't talking about the Jeters and Riveras of the world. I'm talking about the Gardners and Melkys. The Yankess have to fill out their roster with guys from their system that are solid but nothing pectacular because they spent so much money in free agents for their top players. It makes perfect sense.

Don't be afraid to comepletely spin what I said guys. I wasn't talking about the Jeters and Riveras of the world. I'm talking about the Gardners and Melkys. The Yankess have to fill out their roster with guys from their system that are solid but nothing pectacular because they spent so much money in free agents for their top players. It makes perfect sense.

What in gods name are you talking about

Melky had a pretty good year. Gardner was a 5th outfielder\late inning defense\steal a base guy. In their roles, they were both pretty damn good.

You are way off here.

Let me break it down for you:

Player - What they made in 09 (with signing bonuses)

A-Rod - 33 million

CC - 17 million

Tex - 25 million

Burnett - 16.5 million

Matsui - 13 million

Damon - 13 million

That's 117.5 million for 6 players. That doesn't include contracts for the original four {Jeter (20), Pettitte (5.5), Posada (13), and Rivera(15)}. If you were to include them that's 10 players for 171 million dollars. That leavs 15 roster spots. Given the Yankees are already paying a boatload of money to those players, it would stand to reason they'd have to fill out most of the rest of the roster with homegrown talent and therefore they'd have more homegrown talent on their roster. Now, I know money is no object for the Yankees, but it wouldn't be fiscally responsible to not try and bring guys the drafted into the fold to offset some of the costs of the other players they brought onto the team.

Make sense now?

Let me break it down for you:

Player - What they made in 09 (with signing bonuses)

A-Rod - 33 million

CC - 17 million

Tex - 25 million

Burnett - 16.5 million

Matsui - 13 million

Damon - 13 million

That's 117.5 million for 6 players. That doesn't include contracts for the original four {Jeter (20), Pettitte (5.5), Posada (13), and Rivera(15)}. If you were to include them that's 10 players for 171 million dollars. That leavs 15 roster spots. Given the Yankees are already paying a boatload of money to those players, it would stand to reason they'd have to fill out most of the rest of the roster with homegrown talent and therefore they'd have more homegrown talent on their roster. Now, I know money is no object for the Yankees, but it wouldn't be fiscally responsible to not try and bring guys the drafted into the fold to offset some of the costs of the other players they brought onto the team.

Make sense now?

So? Are you complaining about it? You sound like a Yankee fan whining that they never signed Miguel Tejada to play back up infielder. There have always been Ricky Ledees and Juan Riveras on the team. Some times they performed quite well.

So? Are you complaining about it? You sound like a Yankee fan whining that they never signed Miguel Tejada to play back up infielder. There have always been Ricky Ledees and Juan Riveras on the team. Some times they performed quite well.

I'm not complaining about it at all. My point was the Yankees always have a bunch of homegrown players on their team out of necessity. That's all. I'm sorry I had to go and actually prove my point.

I'm not complaining about it at all. My point was the Yankees always have a bunch of homegrown players on their team out of necessity. That's all. I'm sorry I had to go and actually prove my point.

Prove what point? You and Scotty must hang out in the same blank space of time. Again, maybe it will sink in...I don't give a crap what a team pays it's players and where they got them from...EXECUTION! And you of all people should know that from the 2004 season. The Sox don't "execute" after being down 0-3, they don't win.

Enough of the money ****...can't believe I'm debating a Sox fan whose team had the greatest payroll discrepancy when they played the Rockies.

Seriously, enjoy those 2 championships...I'm enjoying my 16 out of 27.

Prove what point? You and Scotty must hang out in the same blank space of time. Again, maybe it will sink in...I don't give a crap what a team pays it's players and where they got them from...EXECUTION! And you of all people should know that from the 2004 season. The Sox don't "execute" after being down 0-3, they don't win.

Enough of the money ****...can't believe I'm debating a Sox fan whose team had the greatest payroll discrepancy when they played the Rockies.

Seriously, enjoy those 2 championships...I'm enjoying my 16 out of 27.

Nice rant. Too bad it has nothing to do with anything currently being discussed. Reading comprehension is not good in this thread for some reason. Again. If you don't care about the topic then don't chime in!

Nice rant. Too bad it has nothing to do with anything currently being discussed. Reading comprehension is not good in this thread for some reason. Again. If you don't care about the topic then don't chime in!

Good stuff. A sox fan telling a Yankees fan about reading comprehension...LOL. Okay, the original question posed by Max in this thread was...How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time? ...my answer...two. Your turn...but, then again you went on your own "rant" a few times in this thread. Reading comprehension...good stuff.

And you know I am having fun, watching some of these guys bent out of shape, because it means more than anything to them......

But, you are able to joke around in a thread and post something that is inane because it is humorous, but when I do it, it's trolling. A bit hypocritical there, wouldn't you say?

I get that it is your board, but it should go both ways.

I like you too. ;)

Hey Scott -- I like you a lot. You know that. You are doing nothing more than trolling now though when it comes to the Yankees. You are hijacking every single thread with this stuff.

If you want to start a thread to discuss the Yankees and the money side go for it. But trolling in every other thread and hijacking things, it is just driving people crazy.

Back on topic. I was joking when I said the Yankees would win 4 or more in a row. I do think they have a good shot at winning next year.

Here is an interesting article on Wang for next year: http://bases.nbcsports.com/2009/11/yankees-may-non-tender-wang-following-surgery.html.php

Good stuff. A sox fan telling a Yankees fan about reading comprehension...LOL. Okay, the original question posed by Max in this thread was...How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time? ...my answer...two. Your turn...but, then again you went on your own "rant" a few times in this thread. Reading comprehension...good stuff.

I just responded to some other questions raised in this thread. That's not illegal.

And I don't think the Yankees repeat. They were very fortunate this season with injuries and it is very difficult to repeat in any sport, nonetheless one with a grueling 162 game season. A lot of it will depend on what happens this offseason and which teams improve themselves.

I just responded to some other questions raised in this thread. That's not illegal.

And I don't think the Yankees repeat. They were very fortunate this season with injuries and it is very difficult to repeat in any sport, nonetheless one with a grueling 162 game season. A lot of it will depend on what happens this offseason and which teams improve themselves.

A Sox fan cannot argue about yanks spending $, when they lost out on Texeira

over a few mllion

Baseball needs to go to 2 divisions

Have 1 Huge Market league with about 6 teams (yanks mets sox dodgers angels and

maybe cubs/phils)

the rest of teams can be in other division and play big markets in series

Weird how it works isn't it. I remember all those Steve Grogan Patriots jerseys back in the day. I think that and Tony Eason Pats jerseys are top 5 in sales all time.

You miss the point Maxie.

For whatever reason, prior to the Yankees' win, I did not see too many Yankee hats, jackets, shirts, etc.

Since they won, they have been everywhere. I have also seen an increase of people informing me that they are Yank fans. :hand:

You miss the point Maxie.

For whatever reason, prior to the Yankees' win, I did not see too many Yankee hats, jackets, shirts, etc.

Since they won, they have been everywhere. I have also seen an increase of people informing me that they are Yank fans. :hand:

:lol:

Archived