Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

I want to say many or a lot. Pinned down to a number I would have to go with 4.

I won't commit to more than that at this point because I am not sure if Mo pitches past the age of 44 or not.

As long as Free Agency remains in baseball, the Yankees have a chance.

History shows us in baseball, if the playing field is leveled, the Yankees successes are eliminated.

Take for instance when the draft was instituted, the Yankees went through one of their more serious droughts.

Thankfully, for the Bombers, Free Agency was instituted, and shortly thereafter championships returned.

Voila! Although George did even mess that up for a time.

History also shows us that the Mets can't win consistently under any type of system.

Scott this is a bit off topic but I am curious, do you have a small penis?

Please don't answer if you are not comfortable disclosing that information. Thanks either way.

How do you even know I am a man?

Do you really want me to post the answer here?

We get it ,we get it.

Yankee fans have big dicks through their association with their team, any other fans don't.

That has become apparent through today.

Scott what has become apparent is that you hate the Yankees.

Back on topic, regardless of why, HOW many World Series will the Yankees win in a row?

I have never said otherwise.

I also understand now, that a select few don't want to hear that their team has had unfair advantages.

So be it.

Yes because you started the day thinking that everyone wanted to hear this stuff. But now you realize people don't.

Keep it up and I am bringing madmike back. Box and one on Dierking, lol.

Max, I know for a fact that they DON'T want to hear it.

I am conditioned for that.

I will go back to the hole you prefer I stay.

I did get the satisfaction that you thought about my penis today.

You said hole and penis.

I just hijacked the thread back from your hijack. :winking0001:

baseball needs a cap, eventually.

but its not the yankees fault.

I can't wait for the cap, really looking forward to it. When the Yankees win the World Series that 1st year the haters will be scrambling. :-P

While Pavano is the clear standard bearer, names like Vazquez, Kevin Brown, Irabu, Jeff Weaver, Jarret Wright and Contreras to name but a few. A-Roid and Giambi also deserve mentioning.

All those guys listed were not signed as free agents. There are some trades in there.

I recently heard someone, Jeff Nelson I think, talk about how the Yankees (players) knew Kevin Brown had nothing left when he was pitching in big spots for them.

Back on topic, small market teams don't have a real opportunity to sign big name free agents.

Back on topic, I definitely think the Yankees will be favored to win it all next year.

The Yankees are back.

Yup, Free agency allows that.

We have done a complete circle

I would love to listen to you tell your kids about the Yankees. Sitting in the food court at the mall chuckling as someone in Yankee gear walks by...it would be fun to watch.

Funny how a lot more people started wearing Yankee gear after they won. :bag:

Weird how it works isn't it. I remember all those Steve Grogan Patriots jerseys back in the day. I think that and Tony Eason Pats jerseys are top 5 in sales all time.

And those home grown players couldn't get it done until a half billion was added in payroll with FA's this year.

Cashman should be executive of the year. It was very difficult knowing that CC Sabathia and Teixiera would actually help the club. And all the Yankees had to do was bid 40 mill more over the other clubs asking their services.

Tough gig.

Call them whatever you want. Just call them World Champions.

That was the 27th time. Sweet.

Doesn't it make sense that the Yankees HAVE to have more homegrown talent because of the wealth of money spent on free agents? As much as Yankees fans would like you cannot have All-Stars fill out your bench and bullpen and end of the rotation starters.

That actually doesn't make sense. The Yankees have how many Hall of Famers on their team that they drafted?

Hey Scott -- I like you a lot. You know that. You are doing nothing more than trolling now though when it comes to the Yankees. You are hijacking every single thread with this stuff.

If you want to start a thread to discuss the Yankees and the money side go for it. But trolling in every other thread and hijacking things, it is just driving people crazy.

Back on topic. I was joking when I said the Yankees would win 4 or more in a row. I do think they have a good shot at winning next year.

Here is an interesting article on Wang for next year: http://bases.nbcsports.com/2009/11/yankees-may-non-tender-wang-following-surgery.html.php

Don't be afraid to comepletely spin what I said guys. I wasn't talking about the Jeters and Riveras of the world. I'm talking about the Gardners and Melkys. The Yankess have to fill out their roster with guys from their system that are solid but nothing pectacular because they spent so much money in free agents for their top players. It makes perfect sense.

Melky had a pretty good year. Gardner was a 5th outfielder\late inning defense\steal a base guy. In their roles, they were both pretty damn good.

You are way off here.

Oh...and I say the Yanks win three more in a row:cheers:

Let's say they do that 4 in a row total.

That would be 8 rings for Jeter and hopefully Mariano, maybe Posada.

Does Jeter than hang on to try and break Yogi at 10? (Or tie him). :-P

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company