Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

As long as Free Agency remains in baseball, the Yankees have a chance.

History shows us in baseball, if the playing field is leveled, the Yankees successes are eliminated.

Take for instance when the draft was instituted, the Yankees went through one of their more serious droughts.

Thankfully, for the Bombers, Free Agency was instituted, and shortly thereafter championships returned.

Voila! Although George did even mess that up for a time.

After spending nearly a half billion dollars of free agents last year, how much more could the have? :rolleyes:

Here's the sad part to me about this nonsensical argument. You act as if the Yankees have been doing something wrong, like they've been cheating or breaking some rule to make themselves good.

The Yankees were successful in the 30s, 40s and 50s because they were the first team to set up a national scouting network. The fact that you spin this as a negative is laughable as it revolutionized the game FOR THE BETTER.

The fact that you and your ilk constantly spin the Yankees wisely allocating their resources and having it result in success on the field as a bad thing is pathetic. They should be applauded for it, not demonized. This is America the last time I checked. The point is to win.

Ask the owners of the KC Royals if the Yankees are bad for baseball when his attendance increases by 30% whenever they come to town.

Over the last decade and a half, after returning from a strike/lockout that could have killed the game for good, baseball's attendance has soared to record levels and TV ratings are up across the board. How, exactly, are the Yankees "bad" for baseball when they've been the dominant team in that stretch?

Skank Nation again showing they cannot see the forest for the trees. :rolleyes:

What does that small bump do for the Royals in the long run? Little.

It does not close the gap with the other medium to large markets in their division. At best, it is an emergency fund when they are 25 games under .500 and an equally inept team comes to town for an early in the week series and attendance is lucky to hit 10k.

KC sells well for Cards, Sox and Yankee games. As well as when stars like Bonds comes to town, but when a crappy Royals teams plays an equally crappy Mariners team, you can get the $5 tickets and get right upto 1st/3rd baseline seats.

In the end, the Yankees do very little. Yes, there is a bump in TV ratings when they play and visit, but the difference between the Royals and Yankees is not those 3 games a year they visit, but the mamoth tv contract the Yankees have with their own tv network.

Edited by PFSIKH

This isnt a charity, its about winning. Free agents are much more of a sure thing than developing players. With the amount of pressure put on everyone to win this is what you get.

Your in la la land with this.

That's just not true and you know it.

Scott is right.

How quickly Yankee Nation forgets. How many Pavanos were there before CC? Quite a few.

A group of about 12 yankee fans that swing by his house when he is at work.

Funny how a lot more people started wearing Yankee gear after they won. :bag:

Like who?

Who was a complete bust FA like Pavano?

While Pavano is the clear standard bearer, names like Vazquez, Kevin Brown, Irabu, Jeff Weaver, Jarret Wright and Contreras to name but a few. A-Roid and Giambi also deserve mentioning.

Weird how it works isn't it. I remember all those Steve Grogan Patriots jerseys back in the day. I think that and Tony Eason Pats jerseys are top 5 in sales all time.

You miss the point Maxie.

For whatever reason, prior to the Yankees' win, I did not see too many Yankee hats, jackets, shirts, etc.

Since they won, they have been everywhere. I have also seen an increase of people informing me that they are Yank fans. :hand:

[quote name='Blackout

You can buy any hat at Lids/Hatworld what are you talking about?

The Red Sox did a tremendous marketing job with Red Sox Nation in the mid 2000's. Before that the only people that were wearing Sox stuff were New Englanders.

Hell baseball in general didn't do much merchandising before the Yankees run in the 90's. Check out the people in the crowd during the 96 season. There wasn't that many people with Jersey's on.

Wrong.

I saw it. It was nothing like to day, but it was there.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company