Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

The books have already been written, the facts are there.

Only 8 teams in the American League at the time and one of them was certainly a farm system for the Yankees.

Check the roster for the '61 Yankees sometime, and see where almost half those players came from on that roster.

You know Scotty, it's posters like you that make me stay away from posting...not because of facts (which you rarely have), but your ignorance of facts that you try to pass on to the younger Yankee fans that leads to pissing contests and heated debates.

You bring up the '61 Yankees...do you really want to go there? Let's start with that starting lineup group back then. The catcher at that time Elston Howard...home grown. Clete Boyer 3b, obtained from the A's 6 years earlier. Tony Kubek, SS...home grown. Bobby Richardson, 2b...home grown. Yogi Berra LF...homegrown. Mickey Mantle, cf...homegrown. Roger Maris, RF...obtained two years earlier from the A's. So, the only two not brought up from the Yankee farm system was Maris and Boyer...and like I mentioned above, Boyer had been already with the Yankees for 6 years. Go look up every team that played in '61 and see how many homegrown players they had in their starting nine. I'll throw in Whitey Ford as the ninth in my lineup since there was no DH back then. And say it Scotty...Whitey Ford was...ding, ding, ding...HOMEGROWN.

So, they had more "core" guys playing on that team then this current '09 team. You guys that want to contstanly bash the Yankees is becoming a hate thing more than a joke. Face it, they have 27 titles...Yogi has more rings then that Sux team combined that likes to think they are on the same plateau as the Yankees. And as far as your Mets go, are they even in the same town? And thank the good lord I've been on this earth for 16 of those 27.

And notice you rarely see Yankee fans stirring the pot of other teams or their fans unless they are prompted like I was today. Give it up already Scotty...at least I have one team that makes me proud...the Jets, not so much.

"Edit"...damn, old age is getting to me...the lightning rod coming off the bench that year...Johnny Blanchard....HOME ****ING GROWN!

Edited by NIGHT STALKER
Johnny Blanchard

10 players acquired from the A's in trades NS. Odd, huh?

Come on Scotty, you're a better baseball observer than that. Yankee "core" players have won those WS titles back then...look it up. Show me a WS championship team that won strictly with homegrown players.

And there is nothing wrong with trades...all teams do it...the trick is to do it right. Some teams haven't mastered that technique..."Meet the Mets, greet the Mets..."

NS-would you say it is competitive, when one team uses another as a farm system, to stash players, make lopsided trades?

That's competitive?

Other than Roger Maris and Babe Ruth, give me a player(s) that made a difference in those championship years? By the way, Yanks could have had Mays and Aaron too and that's a fact. Could you imagine Aaron, Mantle and Mays on the same team...you guys would have blown your heads off.

The point is, if other team owners (speaking currently now) were as compassionate as the Steinbrenner family and not just talking about money, because there are teams out there spending as well there would be maybe your Mets with a couple more titles. In fact the Sux had the biggest payroll discrepancy when they played the Rockies so get on them somewhat.

Money helps a great deal putting a competitive team on the field, I am not denying that. Winning a championship does not or the Yanks would win every year. Hey, I remember the '63 Yanks taking on the Dodgers. Yanks were heavily favored to win it easily...until they met the likes of Koufax, Drysdale and Podres.

It's all about the pitching...always has and always will be. I'm hoping the Yanks pick up another starter and I don't care if it's through FA or trade.

One more thing Scotty, you brought up the '61 Yanks...how about addressing their "core" team where 7 out of the starting 9 were through the Yankees farm system. You seemed to coat it with some players they obtained with the A's...none of which (other than Maris) contributed in a big way that year.

You never answered my question if you think that one team using another merely to stash players and make lopsided trades with, is cheating?

I did answer your question. Maybe not to your liking, but the Yankees didn't win that '61 championship (you brought up that team) by "stashing" (what a joke word to try a prove a point).

Come on Scotty, you brought up the '61 Yankees team...how did that team with "overstocked" players from the A's (I guess you're referring to them) win them a championship...Roger Maris? Yep, he alone won them the series. I've already posted that their starting nine that year had 7 home grown Yankees starting. How come teams like the Giants and Dodgers back in the day didn't win as many? They certainly had comparable players. Enough of trying to rain on the Yankees parade.

27 and counting......The best sports franchise ever. Get use to it. I have a long, long time ago.

That actually doesn't make sense. The Yankees have how many Hall of Famers on their team that they drafted?

Max, here's the deal. Fans from other teams will make up all kinds of excuses as to why the Yankees win titles...you know them all. They don't give the team any credit because they feel they bought them or some other lame excuse. But, one thing they are forgetting and there is a ton of proof...it's called EXECUTION...you don't execute, you ain't winning. I don't care how many players you buy, trade or create in some lab out in Area 51.

The New York Yankess...thanks Dad for taking me to my first game when I was 3 years old back in '51. My son now thanks me and I tell him to thank his late grandfather...too bad about those Jets though...imagine being a Mets and Jets fan...I'd kill myself. Not really, but it would suck.:puke:

NS, I will answer it for you-It is cheating

OMG...and this is why I don't like posting...thanks Scotty. I see things will never change around here.

You younger guys, go for it. This guy is way over the top for me.

I'm not complaining about it at all. My point was the Yankees always have a bunch of homegrown players on their team out of necessity. That's all. I'm sorry I had to go and actually prove my point.

Prove what point? You and Scotty must hang out in the same blank space of time. Again, maybe it will sink in...I don't give a crap what a team pays it's players and where they got them from...EXECUTION! And you of all people should know that from the 2004 season. The Sox don't "execute" after being down 0-3, they don't win.

Enough of the money ****...can't believe I'm debating a Sox fan whose team had the greatest payroll discrepancy when they played the Rockies.

Seriously, enjoy those 2 championships...I'm enjoying my 16 out of 27.

Nice rant. Too bad it has nothing to do with anything currently being discussed. Reading comprehension is not good in this thread for some reason. Again. If you don't care about the topic then don't chime in!

Good stuff. A sox fan telling a Yankees fan about reading comprehension...LOL. Okay, the original question posed by Max in this thread was...How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time? ...my answer...two. Your turn...but, then again you went on your own "rant" a few times in this thread. Reading comprehension...good stuff.

Actually....yes.

Everywhere on this plant I have been....I have seen both Sox and Yankee hats. Everywhere....until I came here.

Until they won that is and then there was an explosin. I know they sell the merchandise because mall's hat store has both teams. Not surprisingly more Yankee stuff then Sox, Braves or Cards.

Really, everywhere on this plant...I mean planet? Damn, I never saw a Red Sox cap in Vietnam...I did however, see that locked NY...;)

• Upvote 1

Or, a Yankee fan not posting in this forum until AFTER they won the WS ;)

Knowing my history of being a Yankees fan (I've spelled it out enough in other threads), how does not posting during the season until after they won make me less of a fan? I hope you're joking...being quiet during the season has a way of making a loud statement when it's a success...I also said that in an earlier thread.

You see Scotty, until MLB sets up new rules and regulations on how teams go about their business, MLB will stay status quo and so will the Yanks. They will not win every year as evidenced through the years, but damn it, as a Yankees fan, I am glad they try to and that's all you can ask for as a fan.

Now, how about those Mets?;)

I am not saying it makes you less of a fan.

Just coincidence that they happen to win the world series, and voila, you come pounding your chest.

Just my own opinion, but I have a lot more respect for someone that posts during good and bad times. Not someone who just eats up the crumbs of victory. Again, just my opinion.

Which is the reason why your opinion doesn't mean much as evidenced by other Yankee fans in this thread. As a matter of fact, most other threads as well.

Not having your respect really hurts....not.:yawn:

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company