Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

As long as Free Agency remains in baseball, the Yankees have a chance.

History shows us in baseball, if the playing field is leveled, the Yankees successes are eliminated.

Take for instance when the draft was instituted, the Yankees went through one of their more serious droughts.

Thankfully, for the Bombers, Free Agency was instituted, and shortly thereafter championships returned.

Voila! Although George did even mess that up for a time.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83509

Skank Nation again showing they cannot see the forest for the trees. :rolleyes:

What does that small bump do for the Royals in the long run? Little.

It does not close the gap with the other medium to large markets in their division. At best, it is an emergency fund when they are 25 games under .500 and an equally inept team comes to town for an early in the week series and attendance is lucky to hit 10k.

KC sells well for Cards, Sox and Yankee games. As well as when stars like Bonds comes to town, but when a crappy Royals teams plays an equally crappy Mariners team, you can get the $5 tickets and get right upto 1st/3rd baseline seats.

In the end, the Yankees do very little. Yes, there is a bump in TV ratings when they play and visit, but the difference between the Royals and Yankees is not those 3 games a year they visit, but the mamoth tv contract the Yankees have with their own tv network.

And the Red Sox and the Braves and the Cubs and the Mets...

Just stop.

You can't really tell how they spend their money.

What if, rather than just spending revenue received from the luxury tax, a team chose to invest that money in player development, rather than a free agent?

To me, that would be a smarter use of the money.

This isnt a charity, its about winning. Free agents are much more of a sure thing than developing players. With the amount of pressure put on everyone to win this is what you get.

Your in la la land with this.

For every CC Sabathia in Free Agency, there are 5 Carl Pavanos. Those that never pan out.

And heck, why even discuss a CC Sabathia? A small club has no shot at that type.

For small clubs to thrive, they have do invest in their own development (Twins, Rays, etc), and hold on to their own as long as they can.

Is it a sure fire system? Of course not.

But it is hard for a small market team to blow their load on one player.

That's just not true and you know it.

Scott is right.

How quickly Yankee Nation forgets. How many Pavanos were there before CC? Quite a few.

Like who?

Who was a complete bust FA like Pavano?

While Pavano is the clear standard bearer, names like Vazquez, Kevin Brown, Irabu, Jeff Weaver, Jarret Wright and Contreras to name but a few. A-Roid and Giambi also deserve mentioning.

No, they dont. Arod has 2 MVP's as a Yankee. And Giambi, while never the same player he was in Oakland, was still productive.

And I can easily name productive Yankees that were signed as free agents.

Arod

Giambi

CC

Burnett

Tex

Damon

Matsui

Tino

Boggs

Brosious

Knoblauch

Chili Davis

Wetteland

Off the top

Edited by Matt39

NS, I will answer it for you-It is cheating

This is just getting embarrassing.

Don't be afraid to comepletely spin what I said guys. I wasn't talking about the Jeters and Riveras of the world. I'm talking about the Gardners and Melkys. The Yankess have to fill out their roster with guys from their system that are solid but nothing pectacular because they spent so much money in free agents for their top players. It makes perfect sense.

What in gods name are you talking about

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company