Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

And that is fine.

But trust me when I tell you that there are plenty of those young fans who do care (27!, 27!, 27!), who have no idea how slanted things were even then.

Here's the sad part to me about this nonsensical argument. You act as if the Yankees have been doing something wrong, like they've been cheating or breaking some rule to make themselves good.

The Yankees were successful in the 30s, 40s and 50s because they were the first team to set up a national scouting network. The fact that you spin this as a negative is laughable as it revolutionized the game FOR THE BETTER.

The fact that you and your ilk constantly spin the Yankees wisely allocating their resources and having it result in success on the field as a bad thing is pathetic. They should be applauded for it, not demonized. This is America the last time I checked. The point is to win.

Ask the owners of the KC Royals if the Yankees are bad for baseball when his attendance increases by 30% whenever they come to town.

Over the last decade and a half, after returning from a strike/lockout that could have killed the game for good, baseball's attendance has soared to record levels and TV ratings are up across the board. How, exactly, are the Yankees "bad" for baseball when they've been the dominant team in that stretch?

And the Red Sox and the Braves and the Cubs and the Mets...

Just stop.

It's like talking to a deaf mental patient.

They actually did cheat in the 50's or 60's..

How did they acquire Clete Boyer? ;)

He was traded to the Yanks as part of a 13 player deal in 1957 where the Yanks sent 7 players to the Kansas City A's in return for 6 players. OH FOR SHAME!!! Tha Yankees made a trade!!! I am shocked and appalled! :akf:

June 4, 1957: Sent by the Kansas City Athletics to the New York Yankees to complete an earlier deal made on February 19, 1957. The Kansas City Athletics sent players to be named later, Art Ditmar, Bobby Shantz, Jack McMahan, and Wayne Belardi to the New York Yankees for a player to be named later, Irv Noren, Milt Graff, Mickey McDermott, Tom Morgan, Rip Coleman, and Billy Hunter. The New York Yankees sent Jack Urban (April 5, 1957) to the Kansas City Athletics to complete the trade. The Kansas City Athletics sent Curt Roberts (April 4, 1957) and Clete Boyer (June 4, 1957) to the New York Yankees to complete the trade.

http://www.thebaseballpage.com/players/boyercl02.php

Those dirty underhanded bastards!!!! :rolleyes:

I will be the first to give mad props.

A cap alone doesn't do it. There has to be revenue sharing and a world draft. You would also have to develop a floor for salary.

Never gonna happen

Then what is the point of bitching about it?

The rest of baseball needs to get with the program because the teams who refuse to spend anything on talent are more guilty of causing a disparity than any team in the top 10 in spending.

The commissioner needs to stop breaking his own rule and stop pocketing the luxury tax money the Yankees pay his Brewers.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company