Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

Well Mo said he had 5 more years in him. So logically I would say 5 not 4.

You guys are never gonna get sick of playing that card huh. Comical.

Indicate where I was incorrect.

Indicate where I said you were incorrect.

Fine, we are in agreement then.

At least the Yankees aren't using other teams as their "farm teams" as they did in the 50's. They ARE NOT blatantly skirting the rules as they did then.

You should write a book.

The books have already been written, the facts are there.

Only 8 teams in the American League at the time and one of them was certainly a farm system for the Yankees.

Check the roster for the '61 Yankees sometime, and see where almost half those players came from on that roster.

Dude I don't care. My favorite baseball team won the World Series this year. What went on 30 years before I was born means nothing to me.

And that is fine.

But trust me when I tell you that there are plenty of those young fans who do care (27!, 27!, 27!), who have no idea how slanted things were even then.

I'm chanting 27! right now.

I read in the paper today the Yanks might trade for Granderson.

LOL. Who reads the paper.

If you choose to go through the world wearing blinders, that is fine. All we are doing is educating some that may want to learn.

If it offends your homeristic tendencies, we apologize.

Who wants to learn?

No one cares about the anti Yankee hate you spew. It's old and tired.

I have never said otherwise.

I also understand now, that a select few don't want to hear that their team has had unfair advantages.

So be it.

:rl:

You might know what your talking about, but you're cry baby.

Any owner can do what the Steinbrenners do.

Spend money to make money.

It was quite the other way around with how Steinbrenner did it.

"Any" owner is not in the NY market and has the ability to negotiate contracts with that leverage. That is a HUGE advantage.

Hey, give the Yanks credit. They are a brand and do it well.

But baseball history is littered with them taking advantages of systems, and what most would call cheating at times.

Notice that when the baseball draft was instituted, the Yankees had one of their longest droughts of success.

Thankfully, for them, free agency came up

:rl: What world do you live in? Come on.

Scott is right.

How quickly Yankee Nation forgets. How many Pavanos were there before CC? Quite a few.

What is Yankee Nation?

Actually....yes.

Everywhere on this plant I have been....I have seen both Sox and Yankee hats. Everywhere....until I came here.

Until they won that is and then there was an explosin. I know they sell the merchandise because mall's hat store has both teams. Not surprisingly more Yankee stuff then Sox, Braves or Cards.

You can buy any hat at Lids/Hatworld what are you talking about?

The Red Sox did a tremendous marketing job with Red Sox Nation in the mid 2000's. Before that the only people that were wearing Sox stuff were New Englanders.

Hell baseball in general didn't do much merchandising before the Yankees run in the 90's. Check out the people in the crowd during the 96 season. There wasn't that many people with Jersey's on.

I'm not complaining about it at all. My point was the Yankees always have a bunch of homegrown players on their team out of necessity. That's all. I'm sorry I had to go and actually prove my point.

So you were arguing the obvious and made it sound so complex to confuse everyone?

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company