Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

Here's the sad part to me about this nonsensical argument. You act as if the Yankees have been doing something wrong, like they've been cheating or breaking some rule to make themselves good.

The Yankees were successful in the 30s, 40s and 50s because they were the first team to set up a national scouting network. The fact that you spin this as a negative is laughable as it revolutionized the game FOR THE BETTER.

The fact that you and your ilk constantly spin the Yankees wisely allocating their resources and having it result in success on the field as a bad thing is pathetic. They should be applauded for it, not demonized. This is America the last time I checked. The point is to win.

Ask the owners of the KC Royals if the Yankees are bad for baseball when his attendance increases by 30% whenever they come to town.

Over the last decade and a half, after returning from a strike/lockout that could have killed the game for good, baseball's attendance has soared to record levels and TV ratings are up across the board. How, exactly, are the Yankees "bad" for baseball when they've been the dominant team in that stretch?

They're not.

They are however, just completely devastating to what is left of the egos of sad, pathetic Yankee haters.

If you choose to go through the world wearing blinders, that is fine. All we are doing is educating some that may want to learn.

If it offends your homeristic tendencies, we apologize.

It's not education. It's one side of the the story.

You're wasting everyone's time. No one cares, except for the bitter few. It is akin to those still talking about Obama's true birthplace or the Florida recount in Bush's re-election. We've all heard the "waaaaa they spend too much money" B.S. and "waaaa, they took advantage" crap. It's been constantly refuted, so I'm not going to rehash it.

You know what the best part is for us? All of this constant whining just extends our Championship celebration. We love it. Absolutely eat it up.

So keep it coming. Please. We love it when people make themselves unwittingly look silly and bitter on behalf of their team because they know theirs will never compete with the history of success that this one has. I actually think all the joy of winning constantly might wane a bit if it weren't for all of the comical whining. So to the whiners and haters out there, thank you for keeping the feeling alive.

• Upvote 1

Guido, are you saying the A's WERE NOT on the take with the Yankees?

I'm saying it has nothing to do with the 2009 World Champions or the topic of this thread. Not even remotely.

But keep whining about it. You're only inflating Yankee fans more.

So I guess the other thing I'm saying is "Thank you".

I have never said otherwise.

I also understand now, that a select few don't want to hear that their team has had unfair advantages.

So be it.

LOL.

And others would contend that the Yankees have won despite certain unfair advantages to them, i.e. the Luxury Tax.

With another $27 million of their own hard-earned money back in their own pockets this past offseason, instead of gifted to poorly managed teams like Pittsburgh, the Yankees may have been able to grab one or two more key free agents.

Two sides to every story, but you only want to see yours.

Edited by Guido Monzino

You are welcome.

Some of your kin have a strange way of acknowledging this.

BTW-Jet fans should never call Patriot fans cheats*, by this line of thinking.

Cheating, huh? Guess you missed a key line from your own post:

"Now mind you, the Major League Baseball owners approved of all of this."

Yeah, just like the Pats. Didn't realize the 1st round pick and millions in fines they got were considered "approval" :rolleyes:

You really believe the luxury tax evens the field? really? How naive are you.

Hey, this exists for the Mets, too. I have never said otherwise.

It is a poor, poor system of equality. And baseball likes that just fine.

Again, I didn't say that. Stop puttings words in my mouth (or keyboard?).

I said the Luxury Tax is a disadvantage to the Yankees. Do you contend that it isn't?

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company