Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

This doesn't even explain it that well... the Yankees liked Boyer, but the money it would take to sign him would mean that they'd have to keep him on the Major League roster for 2 years based on the Bonus Rule that had been instituted to keep teams from hoarding talent and stashing them in the minors.

Having a contending team and not wanting to waste a roster spot on a developing 18-year old, the Yankees (apparently) had the A's sign Boyer and keep him on the roster for 2 years. Then, just days before his required Major League service time was satisfied, he was sent to the Yankees as a "player to be named later" in a deal the teams had made 4 months earlier. Boyer then spent 3 years in the Yankees farm system before becoming their regular 3B in 1960.

The A's eventually admitted to this arrangement

Wow. Now the whining is retroactive to trades back in the 50's and 60's.

If you choose to go through the world wearing blinders, that is fine. All we are doing is educating some that may want to learn.

If it offends your homeristic tendencies, we apologize.

If you choose to go through the world wearing blinders, that is fine. All we are doing is educating some that may want to learn.

Your name is needle dick. the-waterboy-20090806010802718_640w.jpg

Your name is needle dick. the-waterboy-20090806010802718_640w.jpg

We get it ,we get it.

Yankee fans have big dicks through their association with their team, any other fans don't.

That has become apparent through today.

We get it ,we get it.

Yankee fans have big dicks through their association with their team, any other fans don't.

Lmao, no just you have a needle dick.

We get it ,we get it.

Scott what has become apparent is that you hate the Yankees.

Back on topic, regardless of why, HOW many World Series will the Yankees win in a row?

Who wants to learn?

No one cares about the anti Yankee hate you spew. It's old and tired.

It's not education. It's one side of the the story.

You're wasting everyone's time. No one cares, except for the bitter few. It is akin to those still talking about Obama's true birthplace or the Florida recount in Bush's re-election. We've all heard the "waaaaa they spend too much money" B.S. and "waaaa, they took advantage" crap. It's been constantly refuted, so I'm not going to rehash it.

You know what the best part is for us? All of this constant whining just extends our Championship celebration. We love it. Absolutely eat it up.

So keep it coming. Please. We love it when people make themselves unwittingly look silly and bitter on behalf of their team because they know theirs will never compete with the history of success that this one has. I actually think all the joy of winning constantly might wane a bit if it weren't for all of the comical whining. So to the whiners and haters out there, thank you for keeping the feeling alive.

• Upvote 1

Scott what has become apparent is that you hate the Yankees.

Back on topic, regardless of why, HOW many World Series will the Yankees win in a row?

I have never said otherwise.

I also understand now, that a select few don't want to hear that their team has had unfair advantages.

So be it.

It's not education. It's one side of the the story.

You're wasting everyone's time. No one cares, except for the bitter few. It is akin to those still talking about Obama's true birthplace or the Florida recount in Bush's re-election. We've all heard the "waaaaa they spend too much money" B.S. and "waaaa, they took advantage" crap. It's been constantly refuted, so I'm not going to rehash it.

You know what the best part is for us? All of this constant whining just extends our Championship celebration. We love it. Absolutely eat it up.

So keep it coming. Please. We love it when people make themselves unwittingly look silly and bitter on behalf of their team because they know theirs will never compete with the history of success that this one has. I actually think all the joy of winning constantly might wane a bit if it weren't for all of the comical whining. So to the whiners and haters out there, thank you for keeping the feeling alive.

Guido, are you saying the A's WERE NOT on the take with the Yankees?

I also understand now, that a select few don't want to hear that their team has had unfair advantages.

So be it.

:rl:

You might know what your talking about, but you're cry baby.

Guido, are you saying the A's WERE NOT on the take with the Yankees?

I'm saying it has nothing to do with the 2009 World Champions or the topic of this thread. Not even remotely.

But keep whining about it. You're only inflating Yankee fans more.

So I guess the other thing I'm saying is "Thank you".

I'm saying it has nothing to do with the 2009 World Champions or the topic of this thread. Not even remotely.

But keep whining about it. You're only inflating Yankee fans more.

So I guess the other thing I'm saying is "Thank you".

You are welcome.

Some of your kin have a strange way of acknowledging this.

BTW-Jet fans should never call Patriot fans cheats*, by this line of thinking.

Edited by Scott Dierking

So be it.

LOL.

And others would contend that the Yankees have won despite certain unfair advantages to them, i.e. the Luxury Tax.

With another $27 million of their own hard-earned money back in their own pockets this past offseason, instead of gifted to poorly managed teams like Pittsburgh, the Yankees may have been able to grab one or two more key free agents.

Two sides to every story, but you only want to see yours.

Edited by Guido Monzino

LOL.

And others would contend that the Yankees have won despite certain unfair advantages to them, i.e. the Luxury Tax.

With another $27 million of their own hard-earned money back in their own pockets this past offseason, instead of gifted to poorly managed teams like Pittsburgh, the Yankees may have been able to grab one or two more key free agents.

Two sides to every story, but you only want to see yours.

And we won't ask to be forgiven for having free market ideals.

You really believe the luxury tax evens the field? really? How naive are you.

Hey, this exists for the Mets, too. I have never said otherwise.

It is a poor, poor system of equality. And baseball likes that just fine.

You are welcome.

Some of your kin have a strange way of acknowledging this.

BTW-Jet fans should never call Patriot fans cheats*, by this line of thinking.

Cheating, huh? Guess you missed a key line from your own post:

"Now mind you, the Major League Baseball owners approved of all of this."

Yeah, just like the Pats. Didn't realize the 1st round pick and millions in fines they got were considered "approval" :rolleyes:

You really believe the luxury tax evens the field? really? How naive are you.

Hey, this exists for the Mets, too. I have never said otherwise.

It is a poor, poor system of equality. And baseball likes that just fine.

Again, I didn't say that. Stop puttings words in my mouth (or keyboard?).

I said the Luxury Tax is a disadvantage to the Yankees. Do you contend that it isn't?

Cheating, huh? Guess you missed a key line from your own post:

"Now mind you, the Major League Baseball owners approved of all of this."

Yeah, just like the Pats. Didn't realize the 1st round pick and millions in fines they got were considered "approval" :rolleyes:

You think it is fair to have teams in cohorts? It isn't cheating if there is no penalty?

Do you believe some of the things you say?

Again, I didn't say that. Stop puttings words in my mouth (or keyboard?).

I said the Luxury Tax is a disadvantage to the Yankees. Do you contend that it isn't?

Not a disadvantage that levels the field. It is a speed bump that they gladly fly through.

Any owner can do what the Steinbrenners do.

Spend money to make money.

It was quite the other way around with how Steinbrenner did it.

"Any" owner is not in the NY market and has the ability to negotiate contracts with that leverage. That is a HUGE advantage.

Hey, give the Yanks credit. They are a brand and do it well.

But baseball history is littered with them taking advantages of systems, and what most would call cheating at times.

Notice that when the baseball draft was instituted, the Yankees had one of their longest droughts of success.

Thankfully, for them, free agency came up

So be it.

Yes because you started the day thinking that everyone wanted to hear this stuff. But now you realize people don't.

Keep it up and I am bringing madmike back. Box and one on Dierking, lol.

Yes because you started the day thinking that everyone wanted to hear this stuff. But now you realize people don't.

Keep it up and I am bringing madmike back. Box and one on Dierking, lol.

Max, I know for a fact that they DON'T want to hear it.

I am conditioned for that.

I will go back to the hole you prefer I stay.

I did get the satisfaction that you thought about my penis today.

"Any" owner is not in the NY market and has the ability to negotiate contracts with that leverage. That is a HUGE advantage.

But baseball history is littered with them taking advantages of systems, and what most would call cheating at times.

Notice that when the baseball draft was instituted, the Yankees had one of their longest droughts of success.

073010478480.jpg

Today? lmao, didn't you see the chart in the mods lounge?

Thats not saying much.

You WISH the mets could have a drought like that.

You said hole and penis.

I just hijacked the thread back from your hijack. :winking0001:

Thats not saying much.

You WISH the mets could have a drought like that.

Barton, at one time, baseball meant a lot to me and it was my passion of sports. To me, it truly is the best sport, if you break it down to its core essence.

I was as hardcore Mets as any Yankee fan on this board.

Now, I see the sport for what it is, and it is a total shill to the big market franchises. Actually, any sport is, it makes the sport more pertinent and meaningful, by their reckoning.

But baseball is the worst at it, and it has always been that way.

Do I follow the Mets with a fervent, still? Yes, of course. Bit that fire is tempered greatly because I know, even with all their ineptitude, the field is greatly slanted towards them.

Is that fun? Is that sport? Not so much in my mind. It takes away some of the pleasure when things are going well.

I fully realize this is only me talking and it is one opinion. But at least you know where I am coming from.

I wanted the scorched earth during the last strike.

Barton, at one time, baseball meant a lot to me and it was my passion of sports. To me, it truly is the best sport, if you break it down to its core essence.

I was as hardcore Mets as any Yankee fan on this board.

Now, I see the sport for what it is, and it is a total shill to the big market franchises. Actually, any sport is, it makes the sport more pertinent and meaningful, by their reckoning.

But baseball is the worst at it, and it has always been that way.

Do I follow the Mets with a fervent, still? Yes, of course. Bit that fire is tempered greatly because I know, even with all their ineptitude, the field is greatly slanted towards them.

Is that fun? Is that sport? Not so much in my mind. It takes away some of the pleasure when things are going well.

I fully realize this is only me talking and it is one opinion. But at least you know where I am coming from.

I wanted the scorched earth during the last strike.

baseball needs a cap, eventually.

but its not the yankees fault.

:rl: What world do you live in? Come on.

:rl: What world do you live in? Come on.

What do you dispute?

Would you call, one team using another as it's own farm system to acquire players illegally and making lopsided trades, cheating?

I would love your definition?

baseball needs a cap, eventually.

but its not the yankees fault.

I can't wait for the cap, really looking forward to it. When the Yankees win the World Series that 1st year the haters will be scrambling. :-P