How many WS will the Yankees win in a row this time?

Maxman

Actually....yes.

Everywhere on this plant I have been....I have seen both Sox and Yankee hats. Everywhere....until I came here.

Until they won that is and then there was an explosin. I know they sell the merchandise because mall's hat store has both teams. Not surprisingly more Yankee stuff then Sox, Braves or Cards.

Really, everywhere on this plant...I mean planet? Damn, I never saw a Red Sox cap in Vietnam...I did however, see that locked NY...;)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winning breeds bandwagon fans. It's a fact of life. I've been to 20+ countries and in every single one of them have spotted a Yankee logo at some point (even Slovenia which came as a bit of a shock) and NEVER saw a Sox logo outside of Boston until they won a ring.

The Braves? I'd seen one Braves hat in my entire life (my little league baseball coach in the Bronx was a fan for some reason) until they started making regular trips to the World Series. It happens.

Oh...and I say the Yanks win three more in a row:cheers:

Oh...and I say the Yanks win three more in a row:cheers:

Let's say they do that 4 in a row total.

That would be 8 rings for Jeter and hopefully Mariano, maybe Posada.

Does Jeter than hang on to try and break Yogi at 10? (Or tie him). :-P

Actually....yes.

Everywhere on this plant I have been....I have seen both Sox and Yankee hats. Everywhere....until I came here.

Until they won that is and then there was an explosin. I know they sell the merchandise because mall's hat store has both teams. Not surprisingly more Yankee stuff then Sox, Braves or Cards.

You can buy any hat at Lids/Hatworld what are you talking about?

The Red Sox did a tremendous marketing job with Red Sox Nation in the mid 2000's. Before that the only people that were wearing Sox stuff were New Englanders.

Hell baseball in general didn't do much merchandising before the Yankees run in the 90's. Check out the people in the crowd during the 96 season. There wasn't that many people with Jersey's on.

I'm not complaining about it at all. My point was the Yankees always have a bunch of homegrown players on their team out of necessity. That's all. I'm sorry I had to go and actually prove my point.

So you were arguing the obvious and made it sound so complex to confuse everyone?

You can buy any hat at Lids/Hatworld what are you talking about?

The Red Sox did a tremendous marketing job with Red Sox Nation in the mid 2000's. Before that the only people that were wearing Sox stuff were New Englanders.

Hell baseball in general didn't do much merchandising before the Yankees run in the 90's. Check out the people in the crowd during the 96 season. There wasn't that many people with Jersey's on.

Wrong.

I saw it. It was nothing like to day, but it was there.

It's interesting that you should have brought it up. I've been doing some research and what you have mention does work, to a certain extend. Barons several years ago and won the Southern League Championship also. He's intense and will do a great job wherever he goes. I was disappointed he didn't get a chance with Arizona. He should already be in the Majors dispite having financial problems. Who doesn't have financial problems?[url=http://promo-prod.blogspot.com/]

Or, a Yankee fan not posting in this forum until AFTER they won the WS ;)

Knowing my history of being a Yankees fan (I've spelled it out enough in other threads), how does not posting during the season until after they won make me less of a fan? I hope you're joking...being quiet during the season has a way of making a loud statement when it's a success...I also said that in an earlier thread.

You see Scotty, until MLB sets up new rules and regulations on how teams go about their business, MLB will stay status quo and so will the Yanks. They will not win every year as evidenced through the years, but damn it, as a Yankees fan, I am glad they try to and that's all you can ask for as a fan.

Now, how about those Mets?;)

Knowing my history of being a Yankees fan (I've spelled it out enough in other threads), how does not posting during the season until after they won make me less of a fan? I hope you're joking...being quiet during the season has a way of making a loud statement when it's a success...I also said that in an earlier thread.

You see Scotty, until MLB sets up new rules and regulations on how teams go about their business, MLB will stay status quo and so will the Yanks. They will not win every year as evidenced through the years, but damn it, as a Yankees fan, I am glad they try to and that's all you can ask for as a fan.

Now, how about those Mets?;)

I am not saying it makes you less of a fan.

Just coincidence that they happen to win the world series, and voila, you come pounding your chest.

Just my own opinion, but I have a lot more respect for someone that posts during good and bad times. Not someone who just eats up the crumbs of victory. Again, just my opinion.

I am not saying it makes you less of a fan.

Just coincidence that they happen to win the world series, and voila, you come pounding your chest.

Just my own opinion, but I have a lot more respect for someone that posts during good and bad times. Not someone who just eats up the crumbs of victory. Again, just my opinion.

Which is the reason why your opinion doesn't mean much as evidenced by other Yankee fans in this thread. As a matter of fact, most other threads as well.

Not having your respect really hurts....not.:yawn:

Archived