After 50 years it's Over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buffrat

Wait...a fan who quits on their own team?

alot of us have been fans longer then you have been breathing. You have no ckue what it has been like for 40 years. there comes a time in life where somethings are just more important. I hope you reach that day sometime. Till then, you shouldn't question the pain others have suffered.

what's sad is in the past 24 hours I've spoken to to 3 lifetime Jets fans who said they don't even want to watch them anymore. I was talking to RBJets about it, how we would have to start doing other things on some of those Sundays during the Joe Namath and Al Woodall years.

This team has a LOT of fans and if they started winning we'd see how many of us there really are. I know some will immediately say "fair-weather fans", and maybe to some extent that might be true. But look at what some of us long-timers have been saying the past few days and understand where that comes from.

It's hard to put your heart and soul into this team week after week, year after year and get so little in return. That's not even mentioning all the people here who spend hard earned money to go to that sihthole for every home game.

I have been a fan since the mid 70s and was only 7 when they won the SB in fact I had no idea what the SB was back then so in retrosopect I have never really seen a championship. The day I stop putting my heart and soul into them is the day I stop breathing. Kick me in the stomach all you want point your finger at me and laugh. I don't care my love for the Jets will never wander. We are all real fans. If we weren't we wouldn't piss our time away on a Jets board. My dad waited for the Rangers 54 years to finally win a Stanley Cup back in 94 and when they did he said he could die a happy man - and I guess he did. I can wait -- why can't you.

Edited by slowmoe57

the problem here is that some people take watching sports way too seriously. i'd love to see the jets win a superbowl......but it doesn't affect me the way it obviously affects some of you. when you're taking your sports THIS eriously......there's an issue. maybe you shoudl find other things that cna make you happy in life as well.......the jets lose i'm pissed off for an hour or so......then i look forward to the next game. but, really....if you're rtaking it this seriously...maybe you do need to stop watching and find other things to do with your life besides this.

the problem here is that some people take watching sports way too seriously. i'd love to see the jets win a superbowl......but it doesn't affect me the way it obviously affects some of you. when you're taking your sports THIS eriously......there's an issue. maybe you shoudl find other things that cna make you happy in life as well.......the jets lose i'm pissed off for an hour or so......then i look forward to the next game. but, really....if you're rtaking it this seriously...maybe you do need to stop watching and find other things to do with your life besides this.

They lose I am pissed off on Monday -- on Tuesday I look foward to next Sunday --

then I repeat the process.

I just read through the thread for the first time as I didn't recognize the buffrat signature and wasn't up for reading someone else's rant while my was still playing strong in my head. I've attended some games and events with "buffrat" and can tell you he is a fan with as much Jetheart as anybody who ever threw a keystroke to this board. And many thousands who didn't. His decision to quit throwing emotion and $$$ at the New York Jets isn't up for judgement by anyone. He's earned the right by having countless days emotions pitched into the crapper by under performing Jet teams and 40 years of dues is well past the tenure period. I didn't read where he was trying to talk anyone else out of their commitment to the Jets.

I think we are heading in a positive direction but thats my opinion as a fan. If buffrat's breaker has popped it's not because there wasn't a short in the circuit. I do hope somebody resets it though.

The Jets and all the teams I root for have seriously pissed me off in the years watching and following them-

As I have grown older I have come to realize that there are much more serious things in life to concern myself with -sports is not the end all.

25 years ago when young it was my entire life-now not so

They lose I am pissed off on Monday -- on Tuesday I look foward to next Sunday --

yea me too 5-7....I'm friggin' hooked and will be there in front of my TV Sunday, with the thought that "if we can only win this game, we're one game out of first' afterwards, I'll probably be writing another "I'm Not Watching Anymore" thread-that is the nature of the beast being a Jets fan

I also met GOB's dad at a game and he is as big a Jets fan as anyone here. Good natured ball busting is ok, but some of the comments are way out of line. Having been put through the wringer with this team for around as many years as a lot of the over 40 (and more) posters here, I can see where he is coming from and respect it. I will say that I'm sure he is speaking from frustration, will calm down and will come back into the fold. The green and white is in the DNA, it just is.

I also met GOB's dad at a game and he is as big a Jets fan as anyone here. Good natured ball busting is ok, but some of the comments are way out of line. Having been put through the wringer with this team for around as many years as a lot of the over 40 (and more) posters here, I can see where he is coming from and respect it. I will say that I'm sure he is speaking from frustration, will calm down and will come back into the fold. The green and white is in the DNA, it just is.

yea it is. Sunday I was vowing to never watch again and to never post any more articles and here I am on Tuesday morning posting articles and looking forward to Sunday's game...my blood is green, my skin is pinstriped with Knicks orange around the edges still...and will always be

y'knwo when they lost the AFCC game to the broncos i was pissed for a few days.....same thing when they lost to the steelers with the doug brien fiasco.....but you're supposed to get over it, y'know? some people let it ruin their whole year.

y'knwo when they lost the AFCC game to the broncos i was pissed for a few days.....same thing when they lost to the steelers with the doug brien fiasco.....but you're supposed to get over it, y'know? some people let it ruin their whole year.

...or they just tune out neck. Which is the point I've been making...there would be a LOT more new posters on the boards if and when they start winning and these people are just as big Jets fans as the rest of us here. It's too bad really...the team seems to mirror the owner...Woody doesn't seem like a football guy to me. I mean he's a likable enough nerd with too much $$$ and an expensive hobby...I miss the Hess family.

Oh really? You're only 17 years removed diapers and a mere 19 years ago you were still sucking your mother's tit. You talking about a lifetime committment like you know anything about anything is pathetic.

I've been a fan since the Titan days and would never think of not being a Jet fan. But I've always been a optimist and think the teams on the right track. I understand though that not everyone can deal with not winning a bowl since 69. But over the last 10 years the Jets have won more then the Cowboys,Saints and Bengals to name a few.. If someone quit in the 70's I could understand they were brutal..Look at the Browns, the Real Brown team left town and won a Bowl as the Ravens..:)

yea it is. Sunday I was vowing to never watch again and to never post any more articles and here I am on Tuesday morning posting articles and looking forward to Sunday's game...my blood is green, my skin is pinstriped with Knicks orange around the edges still...and will always be

I guess you're fortunate that you have the Yanks, anyway. The Jets are the only sports team I root for. I'm glad I'm a Beatle fan - they're undefeated!

I don't think anyone can question why someone decides to not root for their team anymore. I just don't understand why people post in a public forum about it.

Especially when you know it ain't true. You think it would be easy to shut the door on this team but something will bring you back. It's not that easy to say goodbye to this team.

Now, what does GFY stand for? Good for you? Is that bad?

I don't think anyone can question why someone decides to not root for their team anymore. I just don't understand why people post in a public forum about it.

Especially when you know it ain't true. You think it would be easy to shut the door on this team but something will bring you back. It's not that easy to say goodbye to this team.

I think it's more stop watching than stop being a fan altogether

Go find yourself

You guys are pissed at buffrat and you call yourselves Jets fans ??

Its obvious hes going nowhere. As a matter of fact Ill bet if you ask his sons they have probably heard this 20 times over the past 30 + years (or how ever old they are ) .

Ive been watching the Jets since 71 (started at 7 years old). Im just as miserable as any Jets fan and I go into every season with the same blind optimism as all of you.

As Jets fans you should know this is the "same old rant" about "the same old Jets" if youre not used to it by now then your the ones who are not Jets fans not someone who has rooted for them since their inception.

The first page of posts in this thread make me sick. See you next year Buffrat, I feel your pain.

it could be:

good for you

go **** yourself

Its obvious hes going nowhere. As a matter of fact Ill bet if you ask his sons they have probably heard this 20 times over the past 30 + years (or how ever old they are ) .

Ive been watching the Jets since 71 (started at 7 years old). Im just as miserable as any Jets fan and I go into every season with the same blind optimism as all of you.

As Jets fans you should know this is the "same old rant" about "the same old Jets" if youre not used to it by now then your the ones who are not Jets fans not someone who has rooted for them since their inception.

The first page of posts in this thread make me sick. See you next year Buffrat, I feel your pain.

PERFECT DESCRIPTION...

+100

Just like Smash I was around for Superbowl three but just a little fat kid with a diaper and a handful of cookies.

I have spent almost 40 years watching these Jets play football and rooting for them with every ounce of my soul. All my kids are Jet fans and my house, office and vehicles are a shrine to them.

Have I thought of giving up my fanhood? Yes, just like Ive thought about giving up my lust for food or fornication or even fornication when I'm eating. Its just not going to happen. Im poisoned, genetically flawed, or too fat to put that much of effort into anything. Pick one, Im ok with it.

So Buffrat I will ask? What the hell makes you think your any more capable of kicking the habit than anyone else? Sounds to me you have more invested into it than most of us. Even your sons are addicted. Like mine but mine are yonger and may turn gay at any second and kick the habit. We can only hope.

So sir feel free to rant and throw some Jets stuff out or try unsticking the Jets sticker on your tool box you put their in 1971 after putting the green Schwinn Bicycle together for GOB, but you know as well as Crusher knows, your ****ed , your family is ****ed and we are all ****ed.

This isn't some light hearted **** like Leprosy, Heart diease or syphilis... This is Jet fanship. Uncurable and un-treatble. So people may call you not a real fan, but we all know the truth. Your stuck like the rest of us.

Join a support group, take up golf, or get one of those fancy coupon booklets for cheap food and use every coupon like I do. It doesn;t matter. You will be back, Theirs really nowhere to go.

So whatever it takes this too will pass and eventually you will be able to lie to yourself every year again and thats just the way it is.

Most of you who know my two son's (Mavrik & GOB) and some of you who know me personally from over the years know that my first Jet game was at the Polo Grounds for the Titans first home game against the Bills. I don't post much if at all; I figure my sons can do that enough for the whole family. You know the sons who I turned into rabid Jets fans while living in Michigan these past 38 years. But what I will tell you is there is no more loyal Jets fan, there is no single person who has been a fan longer, and there is no person who finds what I am going to say harder. But I am done with these losers!

After all the promises of wait until next year, after all the blown draft picks, after all the head coaches who were going to be our savior, and after the owners who looked us in the eye and lied their rear ends off saying they wanted a winner, I'm done!

I have reached the fill line on the NY Jets Frustration and BS Gauge. I just don't believe anyone or anything this organization has to say anymore. They do not know how to win and it permeates every aspect of this franchise from Woody to the guy who picks up the jocks in the locker room. They take their fans for granted and except for that one shining year, have done so for their entire history. We buy their tickets, we buy their merchandise, and we eat our hearts out every Sunday hoping this is the day they act like the winners they claimto be. And every Sunday at 7:00PM we know we have been used like some Hunters Point Hooker.

Those who know GOB have seen frustration vented by a member of my family before. Those who know Mavrik know he has been the temperate one who still believes things can and will change. Well to my two beloved sons and to all of you who remain, good luck and I hope that when you reach my age you will at least have the memory of your own Super Bowl. Not the one that guys my age sat and watched. Not the one that is now NFL folklore. And not the one that every member of the Jets organization since 1969 has promised you will return. I doubt it, but I do wish you luck.

Goodbye and God Bless

Buffrat

Macomb, MI

Truth. ANd today we get more evidence this franchise is a bunch of loudmouthed jerkoffs.

To think the collection of douchebags had the balls to use the word "Super Bowl" over the summer.

Most of you who know my two son's (Mavrik & GOB) and some of you who know me personally from over the years know that my first Jet game was at the Polo Grounds for the Titans first home game against the Bills. I don't post much if at all; I figure my sons can do that enough for the whole family. You know the sons who I turned into rabid Jets fans while living in Michigan these past 38 years. But what I will tell you is there is no more loyal Jets fan, there is no single person who has been a fan longer, and there is no person who finds what I am going to say harder. But I am done with these losers!

After all the promises of wait until next year, after all the blown draft picks, after all the head coaches who were going to be our savior, and after the owners who looked us in the eye and lied their rear ends off saying they wanted a winner, I'm done!

I have reached the fill line on the NY Jets Frustration and BS Gauge. I just don't believe anyone or anything this organization has to say anymore. They do not know how to win and it permeates every aspect of this franchise from Woody to the guy who picks up the jocks in the locker room. They take their fans for granted and except for that one shining year, have done so for their entire history. We buy their tickets, we buy their merchandise, and we eat our hearts out every Sunday hoping this is the day they act like the winners they claimto be. And every Sunday at 7:00PM we know we have been used like some Hunters Point Hooker.

Those who know GOB have seen frustration vented by a member of my family before. Those who know Mavrik know he has been the temperate one who still believes things can and will change. Well to my two beloved sons and to all of you who remain, good luck and I hope that when you reach my age you will at least have the memory of your own Super Bowl. Not the one that guys my age sat and watched. Not the one that is now NFL folklore. And not the one that every member of the Jets organization since 1969 has promised you will return. I doubt it, but I do wish you luck.

Goodbye and God Bless

Buffrat

Macomb, MI

The Jets are on the right track. Your expectations for this season were likely unreasonable. Rookie QB's take time to develop. The thing to watch out for is whether he starts to improve down the stretch. Those last four games are what you need to pay attention to.