Patriots-Colts SNF

I like the call. If they pick up 4th and 2 they win the game. Punt to manning they probably lose anyway. Chris Hansens net this season is 33.4 yards, I highly doubt 2 minutes with 61 yards to go is much different outcome then 2 minutes with 28 yards to go

Good call imo..

Your are nuts

I like the call. If they pick up 4th and 2 they win the game. Punt to manning they probably lose anyway. Chris Hansens net this season is 33.4 yards, I highly doubt 2 minutes with 61 yards to go is much different outcome then 2 minutes with 28 yards to go

Good call imo..

You forget about the INT's Manning threw ??

You make him have a long drive there to win it IMO. No way in hell you give him a short field.

Billy Belly: Worst coaching decision EVER IMO. :cheers:

Good call imo..

Lol, just stop dude. If Rex did this you'd be livid.

Your are nuts

no

Yeah, but your odds are way better than the latter ... however, it was a f'n ballzy move, and I can appreciate that

good call: no

I have elephant nards call: yes

Pats probably have a 65% chance of picking that up and winning the game. You are basing your analysis off of the results rather then the situation as it existed. (klogical thinking) There is no way that those additional 33 yards doubled the odds of the Pats getting a stop, particularly against Manning, particularly in between the 20's which is the easiest areas to move the ball.

Man, Dungy and Harrison are murdering him.

A couple of things about Harrison...

First, in the beginning when they were predicting the outcome of the game, he said "we're going to win this game". The guy still thinks he's playing for them.

Then at the end after they got Dungy's opinion, the camera went to Roidney, and his facial expression was just priceless. It was almost like he was trying to think of the politically-correct way of saying "Bill, you just ****ed up".

It was great :)

What will be interesting to see is if he gets grilled by the press over this. I can guarantee you that if our rookie coach did this, there would be no stopping the NY media. The M******* beat writers will probably all defend him, just like most of the Pats' fans will do here.

Lol, just stop dude. If Rex did this you'd be livid.

No I wouldn't, not against Manning (and if we had a QB like Brady). I was sitting there going now the Pats will punt and Manning scores a TD ftw, i thought it was a great call to send Brady back out there.

no

Pats probably have a 65% chance of picking that up and winning the game. You are basing your analysis off of the results rather then the situation as it existed. (klogical thinking) There is no way that those additional 33 yards doubled the odds of the Pats getting a stop, particularly against Manning, particularly in between the 20's which is the easiest areas to move the ball.

thank god you aint into coaching

Belli also jsut told his D that they suck

You forget about the INT's Manning threw ??

You make him have a long drive there to win it IMO. No way in hell you give him a short field.

Billy Belly: Worst coaching decision EVER IMO. :cheers:

Again, Hansens net avg on punts is 33 yards. THe COlts would've had the ball around their own 40 and been back to the spot of the play within 4 plays. THat's not a long field.

Chan, not for nothin, but the only person I have seen agree with you so far is Deion Sanders.

Others will surface (maybe TMQ).. and frankly i don't care who agrees with me. I thought it was a good call at the time and am not going to change my tune cause they were unsuccessful...

• Upvote 1

I'm happy with the end result, but I just wanna point out the terrible refereeing atthe end of the game. First off, that PI call that went for 30 yds. (on the Collie play) was completely bogus. There was minimal contact. The second possible mess up was the 4th down spot. The bobble was very minor, and with forward progress he looked like he had the first. The Colts had this one giftwrapped from Belly and the Refs.

Now that I think of it, we're still in the division hunt.

:D

Just kidding.

I'm happy with the end result, but I just wanna point out the terrible refereeing atthe end of the game. First off, that PI call that went for 30 yds. (on the Collie play) was completely bogus. There was minimal contact. The second possible mess up was the 4th down spot. The bobble was very minor, and with forward progress he looked like he had the first. The Colts had this one giftwrapped from Belly and the Refs.

Now that I think of it, we're still in the division hunt.

:D

Just kidding.

he bobbled the ball, even if they had a timeout to challenge

would not have been overturned

mathis was held all night

Non-conventional? Absolutely. Logically sound? Not a chance.

why?

What are the odds of Brady picking up 2 yards there? 50%? Probably better imo.

Hansens net punt avg is 33 yards, are those 33 yards more valuable then a better then 50% chance of winning outright? I doubt it.

I love it when it's CTM vs. The World.

That was a classic genius decision by Belichick, in that, "It's such an incredibly stupid decision than if it succeeds I look like a genius."

Belichick knew that his defense couldn't stop Peyton. Belichick just pissed on his own defense, so he said, "WTF? let me take an incredible gamble because I'm Bill Belichick & I'm a genius."