Patriots-Colts SNF

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes they can.

What makes you think that? They never have. The last time they played in Indy in the postsaeason the Pats blew the biggest lead in AFC Championship Game history.

If, and this is a massive if, if the Pats get to play Indy in the postseason, a significantly healthier Colts D helps them dominate en route to a 31-10 victory.

Are you saying the Pats offense is a gimmick?

they are a passing team cause they cannot run against good teams

call it what you want, they have no Stud at RB and they cannot run out

clock

the 3rd down play case in point, almost a pick6 for Colts

they are a passing team cause they cannot run against good teams

call it what you want, they have no Stud at RB and they cannot run out

clock

the 3rd down play case in point, almost a pick6 for Colts

The Pats ran for over 100 yards last night.

If, and this is a massive if, if the Pats get to play Indy in the postseason, a significantly healthier Colts D helps them dominate en route to a 31-10 victory.

I'm confident the Pats could go into Indy in the playoffs and win.

What game were you watching last night?

They ran on draws where Indy expected pass

what were LM stats please fill us in?

So the Pats ran when the defense expected a pass? How could they do such a thing :rolleyes:

Kool-Aid? He had 31 yards on 13 carries and a goal line fumble. You do realize the Pats haven't had a feature running back since Dillon in 2004 right?

This feels normal... Back to inane arguements between Jets and Pats fans about Pats vs. Colts.

Those early in the season Jets vs. pats arguments just never fit right..

jakeG says the Pats offense is a gimmick because they ran draw plays when the Colts were expecting them to pass. Wow.

CTM: Jets & Pats suck :cheers:

I'm confident the Pats could go into Indy in the playoffs and win.

What game were you watching last night?

I was watching the one where the Pats scored three fourth quarter TDs to beat the Pats, what game were watching?

You're starting to sound like Jason Taylor with this "we lost the game but we really won it" nonsense.

You're better than that Gainzo.

jakeG says the Pats offense is a gimmick because they ran draw plays when the Colts were expecting them to pass. Wow.

CTM: Jets & Pats suck :cheers:

If pats could truly run, why did they throw on 3 out of 4 downs?

i realize i am not a pats fan and know very little about football, that theme

has been pounded into me into the short time i have been here

I was watching the one where the Pats scored three fourth quarter TDs to beat the Pats, what game were watching?

You're starting to sound like Jason Taylor with this "we lost the game but we really won it" nonsense.

You're better than that Gainzo.

Huh?

If pats could truly run, why did they throw on 3 out of 4 downs?

i realize i am not a pats fan and know very little about football, that theme

has been pounded into me into the short time i have been here

Look up the run/pass stats for the Pats. It's pretty much 50/50.

You know what I meant.

I did, but thought it was funny to bold your mistake :P

I wasn't bothered by the loss last night. The Pats are 6-3 and still in the drivers seat for at least 1 home playoff game.

The Colts have home field in the bag. It's going to be a fight between the Bengals/Steelers, Broncos/Chargers & Pats for the 2nd seed in the AFC.

I did, but thought it was funny to bold your mistake :P

I wasn't bothered by the loss last night. The Pats are 6-3 and still in the drivers seat for at least 1 home playoff game.

The Colts have home field in the bag. It's going to be a fight between the Bengals/Steelers, Broncos/Chargers & Pats for the 2nd seed in the AFC.

I put the Bengals in there at #2. There's always a suprise team that jumps into one of those spots in the AFC, last year it was the Titans. Plus the Bengals are playing damn good football. How they've stayed under the radar is beyond me.

Tally up whats in your piggy bank and get back to me.

YOU HAVE NO DEFENSE!!!

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Pats are gonna lose at least two more because of their crappy defense to the Saints and Texans. 11 wins ain't getting you a bye. You will likely have to play Pittsburgh in the wildcard round and if the Pats survive that game, which is highly unlikely, they will have to go to either Indy or Cincy and you ain't winning against either of those teams.

So this will be year 5 since the last championship and Brady just keeps getting older.

:bwahaharoll:

:rl:

How much would you like to wager?

Taylor and Morris are coming back for the playoffs.

F... Maroney.

We know this is all fake Chowd bravado, but come on PR37...

The Pats are 1-5 against the Colts in their last 6 matchups. The Pats have blown 18 and 17 point leads in Indianapolis.

And you want to bet on the Pats beating the Colts in the playoffs???

You're a worse bettor than CTM.

Ugh...now I know how Jets fans felt after they lost to Miami the last time. A WTF moment. Dumbest call ever. I understand why - the defense looked like dog-poop in the fourth quater.....still, doesn't excuse it's stupidity. I'll take my chances with defending - say - 70 yards over 28. WTF, Bill?

I blame Maroney. :) 1) I hate that man. 2) Way to go -fumbling at the goal-line.

Ugh...now I know how Jets fans felt after they lost to Miami the last time. A WTF moment. Dumbest call ever. I understand why - the defense looked like dog-poop in the fourth quater.....still, doesn't excuse it's stupidity. I'll take my chances with defending - say - 70 yards over 28. WTF, Bill?

I blame Maroney. :) 1) I hate that man. 2) Way to go -fumbling at the goal-line.

you are officially a jet now, how does it feel?

i am shocked on how many pundits agreed with slick willie

On the positive side you are in playoffs and we are playing beer pong

Most teams should punt less on 4th down, this is true. The problem is several fold. It goes against convential wisdom which is very dangerous to do when it doesn't work out (How many oaches have the cred to get away with it). The net result of this is that shallow thinkers are going to spend all weak blaming Belichick and completely ignore 1) yet another defensive collapse in the 4th and 2) Brady's inability to get a single first down to ice the game with 4 tries. Also, and just generally, people have a tendancy to focus on what they could lose rather then what they could win. So the calculation most people make is too risk focused. (a big reason why people go bonkers over "free" offers, no loss involved)

You know I typically agree with you and I have no problem with statistical analysis, but I just can't agree with you at all on this one.

If you look at the bold above, this is why you can't just use numbers in a vacuum to justify the call. I don't care who he normally is, Brady was not getting it done right there and then. That was obvious before that 4th down call came in. All of the percentages assume that the same circumstances occur at all times. It may average out to that statistical result over time, but that doesn't mean that in any single circumstance the actual odds are equivalent to that. That simply isn't the way statistics work. At that particular time, the Colts defense was stepping up and the Patriots offense was struggling. That should tell you your odds are going to likely be lower than average. At a certain point logic has to come into play, because if all you needed was statistics to coach in the NFL, you would have a very different set of head coaches out on the sideline.

We know this is all fake Chowd bravado, but come on PR37...

The Pats are 1-5 against the Colts in their last 6 matchups. The Pats have blown 18 and 17 point leads in Indianapolis.

And you want to bet on the Pats beating the Colts in the playoffs???

You're a worse bettor than CTM.

Huh? Took the 3 and NE.

NE can beat Indy if they dont shoot themselves in the foot. Just watch. Indy is not invincable.

YOU HAVE NO DEFENSE!!!

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Pats are gonna lose at least two more because of their crappy defense to the Saints and Texans. 11 wins ain't getting you a bye. You will likely have to play Pittsburgh in the wildcard round and if the Pats survive that game, which is highly unlikely, they will have to go to either Indy or Cincy and you ain't winning against either of those teams.

So this will be year 5 since the last championship and Brady just keeps getting older.

:bwahaharoll:

Where to start :rl:

NE is not losing to Houston but keep smoking crack. Brady owns $hitsburg. They dont match up well at all with NE.

NE just hung 34 on Indy and put 457 yards on their defense. They can and will get beat. So, dream on.

Archived