Patriots-Colts SNF

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-belichickpats111609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

MUST READ article for all of you people who think in absolutes.

The call was neither right nor wrong. Many games have been lost following conventional wisdom as well. Whether you agree with the call or not, it has nothing to do with ego, arrogance, or stupidity. It was a legitimate, if unpopular, decision.

BB has never been a conventional thinker. That's what makes him stand out as a head coach. He's willing to try things others are not. When he told his Giants players prior to their SB against the Bills that his gameplan was to "allow Thurman Thomas" to run all over them, they thought he was insane. Now that gameplan is on display in the Hall of Fame.

Here's another controvercial decision I can see BB making.

Imagine being down 7 in a game where both offenses catch fire at the end of the game. You score a TD with no time on the clock or perhaps just a few seconds. Do you kick the XP and send the game into OT and hope for a lucky coin flip or do you take control into your own hands and go for two? I say that in the above scenario, with both offenses dominating the game late, BB goes for two. Maybe you like the call, maybe you don't. There is no right answer. It's a judgement call. Personally, I think its awesome to see a head coach unafraid to challenge conventional wisdom, or NON-wisdom as the case may be, and think for himself.

Dumbest post i have seen yet, If Norwood doesn't miss chipshot Giants lose

Thomas lost SB MVP thanks to SN

Brilliant plan by Bellie??... laugh out loudest

Dumbest post i have seen yet

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

R E A L L Y ? ? ?

If Norwood doesn't miss chipshot Giants lose

Chipshot? Get a clue dude. The FG was from 47 yards out. 47 yard FG's have never and will never be considered a "chipshot"

Thomas lost SB MVP thanks to SN

Ummm....Ok. Why should I care?

Brilliant plan by Bellie??... laugh out loudest

I won't dispute whether it was brilliant or not. I really don't care. Everyone has their opinion and I'm really not interested in any of them. The fact is that the Giants defensive gameplan for that game is on display in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Forgetting who won the game for a moment, the fact that the Giants were even competitive in that game was amazing. That Giants team, with Hostetler at QB, had no business even being close. Heck, they had no business beating the 49ers in the NFC Championship either. Parcells and Belichick did an excellent job getting the absolute most out of that team. That was easily one of the three or four worst teams to ever win a SB.

Fred taylor laugh out Loud

TBC laugh out louder

Morris i am laughin real hard now

Springs lost his job a while back you foolie

While Maroney has looked better, on ocassion, the last few weeks, Taylor was out best back when he was injured.

TBC and Morris might not be great on other systems, but both have performed pretty well in their respective New England systems.

We should get together a nice big fruit basket for Belichick and the Patriots for keeping us in this thing. A W Sunday and we're one game back with six to go and the tiebreaker in our pocket.

Of course, will we be able to capitalize on it?\

Most likely the answer will be no, but you never know with this organization.

Fred taylor laugh out Loud

TBC laugh out louder

Morris i am laughin real hard now

Springs lost his job a while back you foolie

Springs is DB depth Jake Gump.

Do you even realize that Indy wore down the NE D by going no huddle and not allowing substitutions? Its worked in every NE loss.

I laugh out loud. :lol:

Really?

I mean, REALLY?

R E A L L Y ? ? ?

Chipshot? Get a clue dude. The FG was from 47 yards out. 47 yard FG's have never and will never be considered a "chipshot"

Ummm....Ok. Why should I care?

I won't dispute whether it was brilliant or not. I really don't care. Everyone has their opinion and I'm really not interested in any of them. The fact is that the Giants defensive gameplan for that game is on display in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Forgetting who won the game for a moment, the fact that the Giants were even competitive in that game was amazing. That Giants team, with Hostetler at QB, had no business even being close. Heck, they had no business beating the 49ers in the NFC Championship either. Parcells and Belichick did an excellent job getting the absolute most out of that team. That was easily one of the three or four worst teams to ever win a SB.

The offensive game plan is what should be on display, the Giants held the ball for 40+ minutes......The Bills scored 19 points in 19 minutes, not exactly a stellar defensive effort by the Giants or their staff.....