Is Sanchez part of the problem?

TNJet

Rookie wall anyone? I love this kid and he's gonna be a great qb for us for years to come. It is obvious hes in a slump and his confidence has been a lil shot as of the last month or so. Is yesterdays game even that close if we dont dodge a bullet with Groves falling down on the 2 yd line after a terrible throw by Sanchez,and thank goodness for the Drew fumble on the 2 yd line to keep us from being down 28-13 in the 3rd. I love Sanchez but would Clemens or Ainge screw up anymore than Mark has the last 4 games? I think his statline reads something like this-11 pass tds,3 rush tds,12 ints. Is that corect?? Go Jets! Beat the Pats.

depends on what you think the problem is. if you were expecting to do alot of winning this year and consider the losing a problem...then yes sanchez is the biggest problem as far as our winning and losing is concerned. imo....the biggest problem with this team is the inexperience at 2 very big positions.....QB and HC. this is a problem that will be remedied after this year though.

depends on what you think the problem is. if you were expecting to do alot of winning this year and consider the losing a problem...then yes sanchez is the biggest problem as far as our winning and losing is concerned. imo....the biggest problem with this team is the inexperience at 2 very big positions.....QB and HC. this is a problem that will be remedied after this year though.

Agreed so do we trump the experience factor at qb,because we can,unlike the HC position which we are stuck with? Keller,Edwards,and Cotchery can catch even Clemens and Ainge's passes keep that in mind. Remember i'm only considering ways to get better THIS year. :)

Yes. Sanchez is a part of the problem. His first-half happy feet need to be calmed. After big plays, he needs to be staring at his coaches and/or players getting ready for the next call; not evesdropping on the refs playing Law & Order.

On the side-line he needs to be working with a coach or some players fine-tuning the day's gameplan.

His reads will come, his dropbacks will come, his pocket presence will improve, and his accuracy will fall in line... Right now, he needs to lead the team; he needs to be the face of the team for the 60 minutes of gametime, not so much afterward at the media podium.

Yes. Sanchez is a part of the problem. His first-half happy feet need to be calmed. After big plays, he needs to be staring at his coaches and/or players getting ready for the next call; not evesdropping on the refs playing Law & Order.

On the side-line he needs to be working with a coach or some players fine-tuning the day's gameplan.

His reads will come, his dropbacks will come, his pocket presence will improve, and his accuracy will fall in line... Right now, he needs to lead the team; he needs to be the face of the team for the 60 minutes of gametime, not so much afterward at the media podium.

Good call! :)

too late for a switch. It doesn't make sense 9 games in. Should have started on the bench but that's not worth talking about at this point. At this point he needs the experience...

Mangini made the switch at week 8 in '07 and we only played better from then on out...its never too late to get better before it gets worse.

Clemens??????? Been there done that. Hes a free agent hes a goner if Sanchez isnt the answer lets see what our other rookies have.

LOL! yeah lets play the WORSE of our rookies over a 4 year playbook vet. In this order Sanchez to Clemens/Ainge...no Oconnell he is a non factor as far as chemistry goes,even less experiance than Sanchez. Why the hell is Oconnell even here? Easily the dumbest acquisition of the year,

LOL! yeah lets play the WORSE of our rookies over a 4 year playbook vet. In this order Sanchez to Clemens/Ainge...no Oconnell he is a non factor as far as chemistry goes,even less experiance than Sanchez. Why the hell is Oconnell even here? Easily the dumbest acquisition of the year,

Clemens is **** he couldnt even beat ou the 4-5 rookie in training camp. COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!

How do you know Ainge or O'Connell is the WORSE of our rookies? A playbook vet LOL how about a clipboard carrier vet.

Clemens is **** he couldnt even beat ou the 4-5 rookie in training camp. COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!

How do you know Ainge or O'Connell is the WORSE of our rookies? A playbook vet LOL how about a clipboard carrier vet.

Well Ainge and Oconnel are vets too,not rookies bro. Ainge is in his second year along with oconnell. :cheers:

1 thing he needs to learn is when to step up in the pocket, not go backwards.

its not usc. theres more than 1 guy about to close on you in the nfl.

He also rivals the pre superbowl Peyton in the pouting after bad plays department,that isnt a way to lead a team. I'm really tired of his moping. Be a man for gods sake.

Please you are not referring to our 4-12 year as a good example to replace the rookie qb?

In noway,just stating we did play better after the switch late in the year. Beatin the steelers even with Clemens at the helm w out an oline,or wrs. We have that this year. :)

Mangini made the switch at week 8 in '07 and we only played better from then on out...its never too late to get better before it gets worse.

These two scenarios are not at all the same.

Clemens was inserted in the hopes of playing well, and being the starter going forward. You're advocating starting Clemens in the hopes of still missing the playoffs this year, and then letting him walk as a Free Agent, or creating a QB controversy, and not allowing Sanchez to continue to develop in game.

As an answer to your question... Sanchez is part of the problem... But Clemens is not the answer.

Clemens was inserted in the hopes of playing well, and being the starter going forward. You're advocating starting Clemens in the hopes of still missing the playoffs this year, and then letting him walk as a Free Agent, or creating a QB controversy, and not allowing Sanchez to continue to develop in game.

As an answer to your question... Sanchez is part of the problem... But Clemens is not the answer.

Yes and hes also a free agent goner. He gives this team no better chances of winning. Id rather see what Ainge or O'Connell have.

No i'm insisting on Clemens or Ainge for a game or two to see if they better the chances this year,which has happened to franchises before. I just want to get better THIS year.

Yes and hes also a free agent goner. He gives this team no better chances of winning. Id rather see what Ainge or O'Connell have.

True,but if he lights it up and wins out or has a great record and leads us to the playoffs wouldnt it be worth it? We can then resign him and get something decent in return for him if his stock increases.

No i'm insisting on Clemens or Ainge for a game or two to see if they better the chances this year,which has happened to franchises before. I just want to get better THIS year.

This year is over, as far as anything but player development is concerned.

Do you really think Clemens or Ainge runs the table?

Because that's essentially what we would need to do.

This year is over, as far as anything but player development is concerned.

Do you really think Clemens or Ainge runs the table?

Because that's essentially what we would need to do.

Hey man true fans need hope,which is what i always keep...

Sanchez needs to play until the game slows down for him, then we will see what we have going forward. Hopefully that happens at some point during the last 7 games. To sit him down now with the season already in the toilet would serve no constructive purpose, let the kid play and get his reps.

Hey man true fans need hope,which is what i always keep...

Smart fans have hope.

Hope that Sanchez steps up his game and we can make a real push next season.

The 3-0 start was the worst thing for the fans, it made us believe something we never should have.

Do you think Clemens or Ainge will lead this team to the Super Bowl this year?

Despite losing games, Sanchez IS showing improvement. He was able to rally back from a huge defecit to get us into position to be up by 3 against the Jags. Despite 5 picks he took his team into overtime against the Bills... and despite a couple pick-sixes/ fumble-sixes, we were able to compete with the Saints and the Dolphins.

I don't fault him for the Edwards 2-pt pop out.

I fault him for pacing the sideline praying outloud, "Come on D.... Come on D" afterward.

When we get the second-half Sanchez for a full game we will be in business. That will come, but not if we pull him to see what we have in Clemens, Ainge or O'Connell.

One thing is for sure... watching Jets games is now a LOT more entertaining.

Archived