Ryan searches for help from... Dolphins.

crashingjet

ZOMG, when all else fails, reach out to the team that has your number.

"It's not like Bill Belichick's gonna talk to me," Ryan said. "Parcells may. I may put a call out to him. I know a lot of guys in this business. . . . I'm searching right now."

Would the Dolphins' czar field a call from a division foe?

"I don't know," Ryan said. "But there's no doubt, I'll put a call in to him."

Jets coach Rex Ryan revealed to The Post yesterday that in the wake of his team's disastrous 24-22 loss to the Jaguars...

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/reaching_out_for_tuna_help_0sP2uccrBPfk76kiCG55gO

I think this kinda of stuff happens all the time. Just like with your job, you develop a network of friends, both with white collar jobs and blue collar jobs and everything in between.

You don't know how to type a report, you ask a friend. You don't know what size drill bit you should use, you ask a friend.

Same goes with football / coaching. You ask a friend. Nothing wrong.

I don't see anything wrong with Parcells giving him a little advice on how to keep a team together after a tough stretch of losses. I mean it's not like he's gonna ask Parcells for x's and o's and Bill is gonna fax him over a playbook. I would at least hope Parcells require that he kneels before him, before any exchange of advice.:D

I think this kinda of stuff happens all the time. Just like with your job, you develop a network of friends, both with white collar jobs and blue collar jobs and everything in between.

You don't know how to type a report, you ask a friend. You don't know what size drill bit you should use, you ask a friend.

Same goes with football / coaching. You ask a friend. Nothing wrong.

This.

The coaching community in the NFL is obviously a very limited elite crowd. sure it's gonna be along the lines of, "Hey man, remember when you told me to give you call if I needed help with somethings .Well, here it is"

great. our coach is crawling to the enemy for a hand-out. all this after talkin non-stop trash and getting swept them. this is an embarrassement. id rather be 4-12, but act like a bunch of damn men.

we're like a wide eyed freakin deer, about to get drilled by a frickin 18 wheeler. what in the hell are we doin.

just shut up and go play football, and try to win...or lose with some damn pride.

Good call. Including the playoffs the Colts have beat the Patriots all of one more time than the Dolphins. Shame on me, we've only beat the Pats the second most out of 32 teams. Egg on my face.

Well, your original point, along with your numbers, are pretty irrelevant. If you wanted to beat the Pats right now, who's more equipped to do so?

Parcells knows the dolphins don't have a chance this year too. I don't think he would mind giving Rex a little help if it gave us a better chance to beat the cheats. That would help miami too.

But I doubt Ryan is looking for X an O help for one game. More likely he trying to figure out how get the team back on course after the recent down spiral. Parcels has no reason to want to make Ryan into a better coach.

Plus there is no relation. They never worked together. Josh McD calling BB would make sense. Sean Peyton calling Parcells would make sense. If Rex is looking for mentoring his best bet would be Brian Billick, John Harbough or his dad.

Ryan: What advice do you have for me?

Parcells: Look at the guy in the glass, tubby.

Ryan: Yeah, thanks for nothing. Dick.

Parcells: Blow me. Who told you to cry in front of your underlings? I know it wasn't your old man.

Ryan: My old man was the one who said I should call you. Just unreal.

Parcells: Hey if you think that's unreal, wait until I quit the Dolphins in January and become GM of the Chargers next year.

Not that I see a big deal with him reaching out to other coaches, like some one said, the coaching community in no different than any other profession.

That said wtf is he trying to find out? Seriously? What questions would he have or would it be more of a general, please tell me how to be a winner?

great. our coach is crawling to the enemy for a hand-out. all this after talkin non-stop trash and getting swept them. this is an embarrassement. id rather be 4-12, but act like a bunch of damn men.

we're like a wide eyed freakin deer, about to get drilled by a frickin 18 wheeler. what in the hell are we doin.

just shut up and go play football, and try to win...or lose with some damn pride.

What no mention of the crying? If you mentioned crying or even the word tears this would have gotten N'med, as it is now 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Ryan: What advice do you have for me?

Parcells: Look at the guy in the glass, tubby.

Ryan: Yeah, thanks for nothing. Dick.

Parcells: Blow me. Who told you to cry in front of your underlings? I know it wasn't your old man.

Ryan: My old man was the one who said I should call you. Just unreal.

Parcells: Hey if you think that's unreal, wait until I quit the Dolphins in January and become GM of the Chargers next year.

LMAO!!!!

Archived