Which Big East team will lose first?

uart

So far the B.East is undefeated (35-0 on the season so far). Every team... That HAS TO end. When will it be? Who's going to pop their cherry first this year?

Here are Friday's matchups:

#6 Villanova vs. #21 Dayton

#4 UNC vs. #24 Syracuse

DePaul vs. N. Iowa

Seton Hall vs. Cornell

St. Johns vs. Brown

Rutgers vs. Drexel

Providence vs. Alabama

Based on today's game, Villanova looks vulnerable (but who knows from game to game, right?). UNC is always good. Both B.East teams will be prepared for their ranked opponents...

Seton Hall, however, is a program with issues right now (DUI by the new transfer student), and they've struggled in the past. They might just look past the Ivy Champs/Favorites tomorrow and sh*t the bed.

If it's going to happen tomorrow, my money is on it being one of those three games.

So far the B.East is undefeated (35-0 on the season so far). Every team... That HAS TO end. When will it be? Who's going to pop their cherry first this year?

Here are Friday's matchups:

#6 Villanova vs. #21 Dayton

#4 UNC vs. #24 Syracuse

DePaul vs. N. Iowa

Seton Hall vs. Cornell

St. Johns vs. Brown

Rutgers vs. Drexel

Providence vs. Alabama

Based on today's game, Villanova looks vulnerable (but who knows from game to game, right?). UNC is always good. Both B.East teams will be prepared for their ranked opponents...

Seton Hall, however, is a program with issues right now (DUI by the new transfer student), and they've struggled in the past. They might just look past the Ivy Champs/Favorites tomorrow and sh*t the bed.

If it's going to happen tomorrow, my money is on it being one of those three games.

I agree with that. Providence vs Alabama is also not out of the realm of possibility. Out of those 4 games, the BE is guaranteed to lose at least 1.

Lemoyne College D2 School A$$hat beat your overated school

a game in november doesnt define a team especially in bball..

March is where you eventually rate a teams performance and character for that particular season..Nov thru Feb is the building grounds for the March run.

everyone has a bad night, and hopefully the good teams/coaches learn from it..lemoyne was a good experience for cuse, just as last nights game will be used by heels and roy to teach the young baby heels about night to night consistency and taking everyone seriously..

a game in november doesnt define a team especially in bball..

March is where you eventually rate a teams performance and character for that particular season..Nov thru Feb is the building grounds for the March run.

everyone has a bad night, and hopefully the good teams/coaches learn from it..lemoyne was a good experience for cuse, just as last nights game will be used by heels and roy to teach the young baby heels about night to night consistency and taking everyone seriously..

well do not go bragging about which BE school loses first, when deed was done by a

D2

they look like clowns

well do not go bragging about which BE school loses first, when deed was done by a

D2

they look like clowns

i think they meant official games,,lemoyne as u know was a exhibition and doesnt show up in stats,,

semantics..UNC lost to Vandebilt in a scrimmage and it doesnt show up either..

was it a bad and embarrasing loss for cuse to lemoyne? ya, but I have to think boeheim did things in that game to teach with winning a low priority..but i didnt see game so i will let the cuse fans speak to it,,,i have the Heels to worry about for awhile ;)

i think they meant official games,,lemoyne as u know was a exhibition and doesnt show up in stats,,

semantics..UNC lost to Vandebilt in a scrimmage and it doesnt show up either..

was it a bad and embarrasing loss for cuse to lemoyne? ya, but I have to think boeheim did things in that game to teach with winning a low priority..but i didnt see game so i will let the cuse fans speak to it,,,i have the Heels to worry about for awhile ;)

oh it counts alright, this was not a controlled scrimmage.

only reason it is called an exhibition is to save face of D1 school

they lost at home deal with it

oh it counts alright, this was not a controlled scrimmage.

only reason it is called an exhibition is to save face of D1 school

they lost at home deal with it

i could care less..

I aint a cuse fan..just saying semantically the cuse fans are right..but its their battle, let them fight it :D

Ignore this clown. Every post of his in the college bball forum has been about trolling Syracuse.

L E M O Y N E D O L P H I N S

so

S T F U

i root for Univ of Colorado and am not dumb enough to

start a thread of BE after an embarassing loss to a terrible

D2 school

so

S T F U

D2 school

It was a ****ing exhibition. It doesn't count. Do you realize that? When the Jets lost to the St. Louis Rams in the preseason, did that matter? No, it's an exhibition game.

Boeheim was experimenting in that game and played man defense the whole night. But keep harping on one meaningless loss, while Cuse shoots into the top 15 in the polls.

BTW, your Buffaloes are really good. :rl:

so

S T F U

D2 school

If you root for U Colorado you would be dumb to start a BE thread no matter who lost to who. Oh yeah, it was exhibition too.

On another note

N O R T H C A R O L I N A T A R H E E L S

C A L I F O R N I A

A L B A N Y

R O B E R T M O R R I S

those are the teams we've beat since that loss.

It was a ****ing exhibition. It doesn't count. Do you realize that? When the Jets lost to the St. Louis Rams in the preseason, did that matter? No, it's an exhibition game.

Boeheim was experimenting in that game and played man defense the whole night. But keep harping on one meaningless loss, while Cuse shoots into the top 15 in the polls.

BTW, your Buffaloes are really good. :rl:

A NFL exhibition where the starters play one or 2 series, nice try Laugh out loudest

Lemoyne owned you bitches

A NFL exhibition where the starters play one or 2 series, nice try Laugh out loudest

Lemoyne owned you bitches

Fine the BE is 40-0 in the regular season. Happy now? Good, leave.

FTR, anyone see Roy Williams' quote last night after the game....

"I'd hate to play that non Division 1 team that Syracuse lost to, I dont know how that happened" LOL

"I'd hate to play that non Division 1 team that Syracuse lost to, I dont know how that happened" LOL

here is how it happened, by the way, Div2 football plays Div 1 all the time and guess

what they count.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Christopher Johnson and Laurence Ekperigin hooted and hollered as they skipped off Jim Boeheim Court, huge smiles creasing their faces and seemingly as stunned as the Orange at what had just transpired.

Johnson scored 17 of his 22 points in the second half, including a 3-pointer with 8.3 seconds remaining, and Division II Le Moyne stunned No. 25 Syracuse 82-79 in an exhibition game Tuesday night.

"We've got an experienced group," Le Moyne head coach Steve Evans said. "Did we ever think that a day like this would happen? Probably not. But we put together a game plan. We didn't want to play Syracuse's way. We wanted to play our way. It was just one of those days for Le Moyne basketball. The kids will remember this forever."

Wes Johnson, who led Syracuse with 34 points, hit a 3 from the left corner to put Syracuse ahead 79-78 with 22 seconds left.

Then Christopher Johnson responded with his sixth 3-pointer of the game, which came from the left side after Syracuse's Kris Joseph backed off defensively.

"We were sort of out of whack a little bit," Christopher Johnson said. "Everyone was rushing. But as soon as I caught the ball, I saw an opening and I just let it fly. Luckily, it went in."

After Wes Johnson missed a 3, Can Ozkaner added a free throw with 1.3 seconds left for Le Moyne and Syracuse had its first preseason exhibition loss since a setback against the Harlem Globetrotters six years ago.

"Le Moyne really outplayed us from the beginning of the game to the end," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "They [the Orange] are very, very young mentally. They really have got to grow up. We couldn't stop them on the dribble. That's something we've been looking at in practice."

Ekperigin had 20 points and 11 rebounds, Damani Corbin had 11 points and five assists and Kevin Roth added 10 points for Le Moyne, which outscored Syracuse 42-30 in the paint.

Andy Rautins had 13 points and Rick Jackson finished with 10 points and eight rebounds for the Orange, who led 47-37 early in the second half.

But the Dolphins, who play across town, never let down. Three 3s by Christopher Johnson helped narrow the gap and a three-point play by Ekperigin gave Le Moyne a 56-55 lead with 8:41 remaining.

The Dolphins, who repeatedly took advantage of Syracuse's man-to-man defense with drives and back-door cuts, went up 76-71 after Ekperigin converted a lob from Corbin with 57.9 seconds left and held on.

"It's very disappointing," said Wes Johnson, in his first season after transferring from Iowa State. "Hopefully, we can learn from this and move in the right direction."

"It's just embarrassing the way we played," said Rautins, born and raised in Syracuse. "It's embarrassing to ourselves and our fans. It wasn't luck that they won. They came out and beat us fair and square."

Evans said he wasn't really looking forward to reading and watching the news on Wednesday.

"I feel bad that the story tomorrow will be, 'What's wrong with Syracuse basketball?' I don't think there's anything wrong," he said. "They've got tremendous players. It's an exhibition game. They're young. They're going to be terrific."

here is how it happened, by the way, Div2 football plays Div 1 all the time and guess

what they count.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Christopher Johnson and Laurence Ekperigin hooted and hollered as they skipped off Jim Boeheim Court, huge smiles creasing their faces and seemingly as stunned as the Orange at what had just transpired.

Johnson scored 17 of his 22 points in the second half, including a 3-pointer with 8.3 seconds remaining, and Division II Le Moyne stunned No. 25 Syracuse 82-79 in an exhibition game Tuesday night.

"We've got an experienced group," Le Moyne head coach Steve Evans said. "Did we ever think that a day like this would happen? Probably not. But we put together a game plan. We didn't want to play Syracuse's way. We wanted to play our way. It was just one of those days for Le Moyne basketball. The kids will remember this forever."

Wes Johnson, who led Syracuse with 34 points, hit a 3 from the left corner to put Syracuse ahead 79-78 with 22 seconds left.

Then Christopher Johnson responded with his sixth 3-pointer of the game, which came from the left side after Syracuse's Kris Joseph backed off defensively.

"We were sort of out of whack a little bit," Christopher Johnson said. "Everyone was rushing. But as soon as I caught the ball, I saw an opening and I just let it fly. Luckily, it went in."

After Wes Johnson missed a 3, Can Ozkaner added a free throw with 1.3 seconds left for Le Moyne and Syracuse had its first preseason exhibition loss since a setback against the Harlem Globetrotters six years ago.

"Le Moyne really outplayed us from the beginning of the game to the end," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "They [the Orange] are very, very young mentally. They really have got to grow up. We couldn't stop them on the dribble. That's something we've been looking at in practice."

Ekperigin had 20 points and 11 rebounds, Damani Corbin had 11 points and five assists and Kevin Roth added 10 points for Le Moyne, which outscored Syracuse 42-30 in the paint.

Andy Rautins had 13 points and Rick Jackson finished with 10 points and eight rebounds for the Orange, who led 47-37 early in the second half.

But the Dolphins, who play across town, never let down. Three 3s by Christopher Johnson helped narrow the gap and a three-point play by Ekperigin gave Le Moyne a 56-55 lead with 8:41 remaining.

The Dolphins, who repeatedly took advantage of Syracuse's man-to-man defense with drives and back-door cuts, went up 76-71 after Ekperigin converted a lob from Corbin with 57.9 seconds left and held on.

"It's very disappointing," said Wes Johnson, in his first season after transferring from Iowa State. "Hopefully, we can learn from this and move in the right direction."

"It's just embarrassing the way we played," said Rautins, born and raised in Syracuse. "It's embarrassing to ourselves and our fans. It wasn't luck that they won. They came out and beat us fair and square."

Evans said he wasn't really looking forward to reading and watching the news on Wednesday.

"I feel bad that the story tomorrow will be, 'What's wrong with Syracuse basketball?' I don't think there's anything wrong," he said. "They've got tremendous players. It's an exhibition game. They're young. They're going to be terrific."

I watched the game buddy, thanks. No matter how many times you repeat it though, exhibition games dont count for squat. Mich St also lost an exhibition game to a d2 team last year, by your account that should make all their accomplishments last year invalid too, right? Yawn.

I watched the game buddy, thanks. No matter how many times you repeat it though, exhibition games dont count for squat. Mich St also lost an exhibition game to a d2 team last year, by your account that should make all their accomplishments last year invalid too, right? Yawn.

yeah and you do not see a stupid thread like this made by big10 supporters

Cuse owned by lemoyne, they even suck in Div2

lemoyne means zilch and last night meant zilch..too early..teams are building at different paces..

great boeheim quotes from last night:

"You have to understand, that's not the national championship team (UNC)," Boeheim said. "If that team was here, it would be a different story."

"You can't go by what happens early," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "You can't tell that much from this. You can't tell because it's so early. North Carolina is going to be good. Cal didn't have one of its key guys (Theo Robertson was out with a stress reaction in his right foot.) I think Ohio State is going to be pretty good with Evan Turner, but they don't have a point guard."

Ignore him. He's a troll.

yeah and you do not see a stupid thread like this made by big10 supporters

Cuse owned by lemoyne, they even suck in Div2

thats because the big10 is not undefeated...creating such a thread would be a lie, and a stupid one.

And not that it means anything because Cuse lost to a by far inferior opponent regardless of their d2 standing, but Lemoyne went 28-6 last year....And one of those losses was to Syracuse (hey played in reg season last year).

lemoyne means zilch and last night meant zilch..too early..teams are building at different paces..

great boeheim quotes from last night:

"You have to understand, that's not the national championship team (UNC)," Boeheim said. "If that team was here, it would be a different story."

"You can't go by what happens early," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "You can't tell that much from this. You can't tell because it's so early. North Carolina is going to be good. Cal didn't have one of its key guys (Theo Robertson was out with a stress reaction in his right foot.) I think Ohio State is going to be pretty good with Evan Turner, but they don't have a point guard."

I agree, and by no means am I claiming that this week makes us anymore or less contenders then we were a week ago or two weeks ago. IF they happened in January or February, I think everyone would be making a much bigger deal about it, but its still november....A lot of bball left to be played.

I know what you're trying to say here, but I somewhat disagree. Le Moyne obviously means zilch because it was exhibition, doesn't count in record, etc. But the UNC win is somewhat important for this team. This could be a big March resume enhancer, like the Memphis, Florida, and Kansas wins were last year. I expect UNC to grow as a team and be a top 15 type team [late in the season], a la Memphis and KU last year. But I know what you mean, it is much more important to be playing well in Jan-March. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, big confidence builder for the players. UNC is like the Yankees, you beat them, and you feel like you can hang with anyone. Down year or not for them. They're still the Champs.

I know what you're trying to say here, but I somewhat disagree. Le Moyne obviously means zilch because it was exhibition, doesn't count in record, etc. But the UNC win is somewhat important for this team. This could be a big March resume enhancer, like the Memphis, Florida, and Kansas wins were last year. I expect UNC to grow as a team and be a top 15 type team [late in the season], a la Memphis and KU last year. But I know what you mean, it is much more important to be playing well in Jan-March. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, big confidence builder for the players. UNC is like the Yankees, you beat them, and you feel like you can hang with anyone. Down year or not for them. They're still the Champs.

u misunderstood,,i meant means zilch for where they wil lbe at end of year,,yes good win for cuse as far as ncaa resume enhancer as unc will be top20 in february..

and good for thier confidence,,i just meant meant zilch for a true march indicator, just like lemoyne wasnt a true indicator (exibihtion or not) , neither is this ,long ways to go..

true indicators are 2nd half of conf play..

u misunderstood,,i meant means zilch for where they wil lbe at end of year,,yes good win for cuse as far as ncaa resume enhancer as unc will be top20 in february..

and good for thier confidence,,i just meant meant zilch for a true march indicator, just like lemoyne wasnt a true indicator (exibihtion or not) , neither is this ,long ways to go..

true indicators are 2nd half of conf play..

Div2 basketball is awful, Lemoyne plays St Mikes(Burlington Vt ) school

I have seen this team play, they suck. We are talking about 1 star

college athletes. A Local kid who is the son of St Mikes coach was

Mr Vermont (2 star ath) best offer he got was Holy Cross(div1). Again

Div2 bball is not like CAA in football where some guys like Flacco

and Hightower make it big. Very rare that a Div2 bball player goes anywhere

Shame on Cuse for losing to a pathetic school. St Mikes plays Vermont

in an exbition every year, believe me it counts. Game is always on

UVM's court too.

Archived