Charlie Weis

KINGDIRK

I hate to tell you guys, but shotty is safe, we need him to get hired as a HC in the NFL or DI big time program like Notre Dame :)

why is he safe ?

very productive running game (170 yards per game) for a ground and pound HC

avg 22 pts per game, firmly middle of the pack, with a college senior at QB

weis had a very messy divorce from the jets, there was a legal proceeding over tampering, and weiss was on belicheats side vs the jets I think

I don't think he wants the jets or the jets want him

It is not Chuckles fault.

Notre Dame is just not the high level program they once were.

So let me get this straight, when a team wins all the accolades go to the coach, but when they are bad, it "isnt his fault"?

I would absolutely love to have Charlie back in Jets green but hes loyal to Belichick and Parcells not the Jets. He would do a great job with Sanchez if the Jets were smart enough to dangle enough cash in front of him. key word "SMART".

This way if Rex continues to $hit the bed we have a head coach in the waiting. More Drama for the Jets/NE rivalry

It is not Chuckles fault.

Notre Dame is just not the high level program they once were.

Notre Dame is ALWAYS a high level Program and always will be. The problem is NFL coaches under estimate how important it is to be a great recruiter. Switzer was a crappy coach but a great recruiter as was Lou Holtz. In college recruiting and talent wins, in the NFL Im beginning to think it really is all about coaching and plugging in a "need" Free Agent here and there also getting lucky in the draft like belichick did with Brady.

Notre Dame is ALWAYS a high level Program and always will be. The problem is NFL coaches under estimate how important it is to be a great recruiter. Switzer was a crappy coach but a great recruiter as was Lou Holtz. In college recruiting and talent wins, in the NFL Im beginning to think it really is all about coaching and plugging in a "need" Free Agent here and there also getting lucky in the draft like belichick did with Brady.

No they won't be.

The greatest recruiter in the world couldn't fix ND.

I don't want to say that it's all recruiting and no strategy/coaching... but recruiting is about 50% of the equation. A college coach is essentially the GM for their program. There is no salary cap though. There are a couple rules, but anyone you can convince to take a spot on the roster can play for you.

In college coaches who recruit well (in any sport) will usually see some success. If you recruit well, AND prepare the guys as a coach, you're ranked and playing for national championships.

Archived