SIT. HIM.

DireJet38

If you were going to bench him, which may have been the right move, it's too late now.

Screw that.

It's not too late.

Mark can't have this golden immunity. That's not what a kid breaking into the league should have.

Really, are there no consequences for unsightly play?

At 4-6 it makes zero sense to bench Sanchez now.

Really. What benefit can be gained by benching him now?

And the decision to stick with Sanchez is an ORGANIZATIONAL one, meaning Rex, Mike T, and Woody are involved because of Sanchez' draft status and salary.

Screw that.

It's not too late.

Mark can't have this golden immunity. That's not what a kid breaking into the league should have.

Really, are there no consequences for unsightly play?

Yes, there is. It's called a HC and GM getting fired.

As such, Rex & Mike T have every reason to keep Sanchez in there.

At 4-6 it makes zero sense to bench Sanchez now.

Really. What benefit can be gained by benching him now?

And the decision to stick with Sanchez is an ORGANIZATIONAL one, meaning Rex, Mike T, and Woody are involved because of Sanchez' draft status and salary.

Yes, there is. It's called a HC and GM getting fired.

As such, Rex & Mike T have every reason to keep Sanchez in there.

Are we watching and cheering for the Jets? Or are we cheering for Rex and Mr T. not to get fired?

Their job security is not my concern. The fact the Jets are entering dangerous territory with a know-nothing QB is.

If i had to guess. the Jets FO would probably be happy if Sanchez "tweaked" a muscle and needed to sit against the next good defense we face..

See: Vernon Gholston.

If Rex didn't think this kid was the second coming of Drew Brees, he'd have been on the bench to start the second half.

with no chance at the playoffs......there is absolutely no good reason to sit sanchez. heplays and keeps getting game experience. it's the best way for him to develop.

What is he developing into?

He's not LEARNING from any of this.

Prior to his fourth, game-crushing INT, Sanchez was dangling the ball out of the pocket like a loaf of stale bread.

Things aren't getting better

with no chance at the playoffs......there is absolutely no good reason to sit sanchez. heplays and keeps getting game experience. it's the best way for him to develop.

Why?

How does playing badly as a rookie result in playing better later in your career? There's very little evidence to support this commonly held belief. Manning is always used as the model for this, but clearly he's a special, special QB. Many of the other top QB's sat as rookies and experianced immediate success (or atleast avg play) when they finally got their shot - Brady, Rivers, Schaub, Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Romo, Warner. These are some of the top guys playing today and none of them went through a rookie season like Sanchez is now..

It looks to me like Sanchez is merely reinforcing all the bad habits he's been developing..

If i had to guess. the Jets FO would probably be happy if Sanchez "tweaked" a muscle and needed to sit against the next good defense we face..

Funny, but the Jets don't face a good defense the rest of the way until Cincy, but that's the final game of the season. There's no way Sanchez is missing that.

Dude, give it a rest. Sanchez is starting here on out.

Funny, but the Jets don't face a good defense the rest of the way until Cincy, but that's the final game of the season. There's no way Sanchez is missing that.

Dude, give it a rest. Sanchez is starting here on out.

Will Bob Sanders be back when we play Indy? That could get ugly..

Are we watching and cheering for the Jets? Or are we cheering for Rex and Mr T. not to get fired?

Their job security is not my concern. The fact the Jets are entering dangerous territory with a know-nothing QB is.

Let me make myself clear.

You're arguing what your heart is telling you.

I'm arguing what I believe Rex & the team will do and the mindset behind it.

I care about what actually happens rather than what we fans want to complain about.

Once Rex & Mike T decided that Sanchez was starting the season there was no way sans injury that Sanchez would fail to make all 16 starts. Rex & Mike T hitched their wagon to Sanchez. They don't care what you or I think short term. They only care about Sanchez long term.

We can say they were wrong in what they did, but it's what it is and will continue to be. Clemens will be on the bench.

Will Bob Sanders be back when we play Indy? That could get ugly..

I think Bob Sanders is done for the season, but Indy doesn't want to admit it.

That said, Indy doesn't have a good defense. You and I know that.

Let me make myself clear.

You're arguing what your heart is telling you.

I'm arguing what I believe Rex & the team will do and the mindset behind it.

I care about what actually happens rather than what we fans want to complain about.

Once Rex & Mike T decided that Sanchez was starting the season there was no way sans injury that Sanchez would fail to make all 16 starts. Rex & Mike T hitched their wagon to Sanchez. They don't care what you or I think short term. They only care about Sanchez long term.

We can say they were wrong in what they did, but it's what it is and will continue to be. Clemens will be on the bench.

If that's indeed the case, well, that's the exact reason we will continue to be the red-headed step child of the NFL.

Flawed "plans" and unbalanced rationale

Give Clemens a shot.

He isn't the future — everyone knows that!

But can it get worse, really?

I'd like to think not.

But Sanchez can't ride this suck-train unscathed much further. It's setting a bad double-standard out there.

It boils down simply to this:

In these last 6 games, if Sanchez sucks the Jets can claim it was for Sanchez to learn.

If Clemens sucks then the only thing that will be said is that Clemens sucks. There's no perceived benefit.

It boils down simply to this:

In these last 6 games, if Sanchez sucks the Jets can claim it was for Sanchez to learn.

If Clemens sucks then the only thing that will be said is that Clemens sucks. There's no perceived benefit.

Guess fans paying exorbitant prices for season tix don't matter.

Good to know.

Not like I wanna actually show up and see my team WIN or anything.

large_rex-ryan325.jpg

The guy that hasn't seen an offensive snap all year!

Scary thought.

Rex is all defense, right or wrong. Its on Schotty to coach him up. Rex just doesnt want the QB to F it up yet thats all he is doing.

Sanchez F's up and then who does he talk to on the sidelines? Scottenheimer, Kellen Clemens and Erik Ainge. :shock: :shock:

Guess fans paying exorbitant prices for season tix don't matter.

Good to know.

Not like I wanna actually show up and see my team WIN or anything.

Sorry, but you really don't matter. The quicker season ticket holders realize that the better.

Once the NFL was able to fool TV Networks to pay billions of dollars in television deals, the money generated by season ticket holders became secondary.

Teams get most their money from the TV deals and merchandising. Gate receipts are even divvied up among teams.

The perverse thing is the Black Out Rules. The NFL blacks out local markets where there isn't a sellout, but the NFL still doesn't give any money back from their TV deal although the game is not broadcast there and generating advertising dollars for the local TV station and network.

You and other season ticket holders are pure profit or a means for paying down a bank debt via PSLs.

Sorry, but you really don't matter. The quicker season ticket holders realize that the better.

Once the NFL was able to fool TV Networks to pay billions of dollars in television deals, the money generated by season ticket holders became secondary.

Teams get most their money from the TV deals and merchandising. Gate receipts are even divvied up among teams.

The perverse thing is the Black Out Rules. The NFL blacks out local markets where there isn't a sellout, but the NFL still doesn't give any money back from their TV deal although the game is not broadcast there and generating advertising dollars for the local TV station and network.

You and other season ticket holders are pure profit or a means for paying down a debt via PSLs.

I know the reality of the situation and the factors surrounding it.

But that doesn't make it right.

Nor is keeping Sanchez is the lineup right now.

I thought Rex Ryan was all about "cutting through the bull****?" Turns out he's just another fraud with double standards.

I know the reality of the situation and the factors surrounding it.

But that doesn't make it right.

Nor is keeping Sanchez is the lineup right now.

I thought Rex Ryan was all about "cutting through the bull****?" Turns out he's just another fraud with double standards.

I hear, DJ, I hear you.

But the whole NFL is a fraud, so you really can't criticize Ryan for it. Ryan is doing what every other HC would do in the same position.

So true, so true. It's reasonable to expect a winner for the prices you pay, but in reality the only thing that matters is finishing in the black. There's a lot more to gain by getting Sanchez experience on the hopes of future success than putting Clemens in for wins in 2009 from here on out. Throw in the the season being a wash at this point and this entire idea is ludicrous.

So true, so true. It's reasonable to expect a winner for the prices you pay, but in reality the only thing that matters is finishing in the black. There's a lot more to gain by getting Sanchez experience on the hopes of future success than putting Clemens in for wins in 2009 from here on out. Throw in the the season being a wash at this point and this entire idea is ludicrous.

Simple problem: Sanchez is getting worse, not better.

If he was showing signs of improvement, I would continue to trot him out there.

But let's face the facts. Outside of Houston, Sanchez has been atrocious. I mean, he played well against Miami, a team with a piss-poor pass defense.

Unlike you guys, I don't see a non-existent pot of gold at the end of this misery.

Simple problem: Sanchez is getting worse, not better.

If he was showing signs of improvement, I would continue to trot him out there.

But let's face the facts. Outside of Houston, Sanchez has been atrocious. I mean, he played well against Miami, a team with a piss-poor pass defense.

Unlike you guys, I don't see a non-existent pot of gold at the end of this misery.

At this point, Sanchez playing well or poorly is irrelevant. It absolutely does not matter. Kellen Clemens is not putting any more people in the seats and is not in the future plans of this team at all. Putting him in poses absolutely no fiscal benefits at all. That's the entire point that you're missing.

Archived