Whats stopping fans from...(New Stadium/PSL Related)

Jbro22

I had season tickets this year, and do not plan on renewing next year PSL or no PSL. What I wanna know is, and maybe I'm missing something... Whats stopping people from buying tickets weekly on sites like stub hub and ebay if they can't afford PSL's?

You can pick and choose what games you want to go to, and if the team loses like they usually do towards the end of the year they're dirt cheap anyways? Now that I've done the whole season tickets thing, I'd personally rather just buy the conference games individually off of people then be obligated to attend a worthless Jets Carolina game this week. Especially now that tickets are 15$ and I can't even make up a reasonable amount of money on my investment buy selling them online.

Seriously, how bad is the PSL **** storm gonna be when they're out of it early in the season? They might not be, but if that happens next year - their gonna burn that place down on the way out.

Tickets will always be on sale no matter what. The cost may increase a few bucks to compensate for the psl. Thats if the team is playing well enough to warrant interest. Everyone knows the deal good team = good ticket sales bad team = giving tickets away. Example $15.00 game tickets being sold by the Jets.

If I was a season ticket holder and paid full price id be hiring an attorney to recoup my loss.

I had season tickets this year, and do not plan on renewing next year PSL or no PSL. What I wanna know is, and maybe I'm missing something... Whats stopping people from buying tickets weekly on sites like stub hub and ebay if they can't afford PSL's?

You can pick and choose what games you want to go to, and if the team loses like they usually do towards the end of the year they're dirt cheap anyways? Now that I've done the whole season tickets thing, I'd personally rather just buy the conference games individually off of people then be obligated to attend a worthless Jets Carolina game this week. Especially now that tickets are 15$ and I can't even make up a reasonable amount of money on my investment buy selling them online.

Seriously, how bad is the PSL **** storm gonna be when they're out of it early in the season? They might not be, but if that happens next year - their gonna burn that place down on the way out.

What you will see is alot more visiting fans at the games.

If the Jets are going to suck you might as well make some money off of their sorry @sses.

Lets see them play a home game where the crowd is 75% pro New England cause Jets fans sold their tickets to Pats fans.

I have seen it from Panthers fans down here now 2 of the last 3 years.

What you will see is alot more visiting fans at the games.

If the Jets are going to suck you might as well make some money off of their sorry @sses.

Lets see them play a home game where the crowd is 75% pro New England cause Jets fans sold their tickets to Pats fans.

I have seen it from Panthers fans down here now 2 of the last 3 years.

The NY York market is too big for that to happen. I agree it will happen to an extent. Anytime tickets are exchanged on the secondary market, that is the risk.

But there will be lots of Jets fans vying for tickets. Buying a few games a year should good. 4 game package, no preseason...nice. :-P

Tickets will always be on sale no matter what. The cost may increase a few bucks to compensate for the psl. Thats if the team is playing well enough to warrant interest. Everyone knows the deal good team = good ticket sales bad team = giving tickets away. Example $15.00 game tickets being sold by the Jets.

If I was a season ticket holder and paid full price id be hiring an attorney to recoup my loss.

On what theory? Or do you also sue stores if you buy something at full price and it goes on sale the next week? You might also be shocked to learn that often on the same airline flight one person may pay 3 or 4 times as much as another passenger in a comparable seat, same deal with hotel rooms. Putting Jets tickets on "clearance" is no different than buying Halloween candy in November at 50% off.

On what theory? Or do you also sue stores if you buy something at full price and it goes on sale the next week? You might also be shocked to learn that often on the same airline flight one person may pay 3 or 4 times as much as another passenger in a comparable seat, same deal with hotel rooms. Putting Jets tickets on "clearance" is no different than buying Halloween candy in November at 50% off.

Even though i'm sure the Jets have plenty of measures in place to protect them from these types of lawsuits the examples your giving are horrible.

Most stores will refund the difference if an item goes on sale the week after you paid full price. even more then a week for that matter.

Sure Halloween candy goes on sale "after" the holliday. How much do you think those tickets are worth after the game has been played?

The airline ticket comparison is fair enough though. At the end of the day if you agreed on the price then at some moment you must of thought that it was a good enough of a deal to say Yes to.

Even though i'm sure the Jets have plenty of measures in place to protect them from these types of lawsuits the examples your giving are horrible.

Most stores will refund the difference if an item goes on sale the week after you paid full price. even more then a week for that matter.

Sure Halloween candy goes on sale "after" the holliday. How much do you think those tickets are worth after the game has been played?

The airline ticket comparison is fair enough though. At the end of the day if you agreed on the price then at some moment you must of thought that it was a good enough of a deal to say Yes to.

Some stores do refund the difference it is part of the marketing plan so you won't wait for a sale such as department stores and electronics. But plenty don't, I have yet to see a grocery store that will refund you the difference or auto dealership if they run a promotion after you buy the car.

And Halloween candy is still just as tasty in Nov as it is in Oct so you comparision of after the game makes no sense. A ticket that was worth $110 when the Jets were 3-0 and everyone was talking about whether Sanchez being the next Joe Montana is not worth as much as the same ticket when folks are talking about whether Sanchez is the next Ryan Leaf. So just like the Halloween candy a ticket is now worth less, but not worthless.

Haha, dude, I've been doing that for like three years now. Just buying individual game tickets off other posters (or ticketexchange by ticketmaster now). Saves me from being locked down to every game, don't have to pay pre-season tickets, and in the future no PSL. It's only easier when they have promos like get a jersey and two free tickets, or take a tour and two free tickets.

Some stores do refund the difference it is part of the marketing plan so you won't wait for a sale such as department stores and electronics. But plenty don't, I have yet to see a grocery store that will refund you the difference or auto dealership if they run a promotion after you buy the car.

And Halloween candy is still just as tasty in Nov as it is in Oct so you comparision of after the game makes no sense. A ticket that was worth $110 when the Jets were 3-0 and everyone was talking about whether Sanchez being the next Joe Montana is not worth as much as the same ticket when folks are talking about whether Sanchez is the next Ryan Leaf. So just like the Halloween candy a ticket is now worth less, but not worthless.

Silly me, all this time i have been buying halloween candy to give it away and for some reason after Halloween they no longer come to get it.

The NY York market is too big for that to happen. I agree it will happen to an extent. Anytime tickets are exchanged on the secondary market, that is the risk.

But there will be lots of Jets fans vying for tickets. Buying a few games a year should good. 4 game package, no preseason...nice. :-P

Don't kid yourself.

Remember that last time Dallas played the Jets in New York? There must have been 30,000 Dallas fans in the stands that day, at a game when the Jets were trying to make the playoffs. It was embarrassing.

Yeah, it won't happen for a team like the Texans, but any team with a national following (Steelers, Cowboys, even the Raiders) will snap up those tickets. Teams geographically close, like the Ravens, Eagles and Pats will do the same thing.

Until the economy comes back, PSLs are pretty much a dead item. What you may see next year is plenty of empty seats in the lower bowl and every thing in the upper deck sold out.

It will be fairly embarrassing for the Jets showing that on TV.

Don't kid yourself.

Remember that last time Dallas played the Jets in New York? There must have been 30,000 Dallas fans in the stands that day, at a game when the Jets were trying to make the playoffs. It was embarrassing.

Yeah, it won't happen for a team like the Texans, but any team with a national following (Steelers, Cowboys, even the Raiders) will snap up those tickets. Teams geographically close, like the Ravens, Eagles and Pats will do the same thing.

Until the economy comes back, PSLs are pretty much a dead item. What you may see next year is plenty of empty seats in the lower bowl and every thing in the upper deck sold out.

It will be fairly embarrassing for the Jets showing that on TV.

Woody Johnson has already ordered lifelike mannequins that actually move. 1 way or another mannequin or free ticket corporate slugs those seats will be filled---:cheers:

Archived