Rhodes Benched, Eric Smith deployed

By the way, anyone saying its because he's trying to pursue an acting or modeling career is grasping for straws. Rhodes hasn't done any of that in like 2 years.

lol, who would give him a part after that pos made-for-youtube movie he did.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To: IrishJet cc: 124 Fr: Tom Shane RE: Kerry Rhodes Message body: You like apples? <making "retard" sounds&

Unless you're talking about a case of Hellmann's, wishful thinking.

True.

It's dissapointing because Rhodes has been put in position to make plays the entire season, but has failed to make any.

The plays were there to be made.

The play that says the most was the play by Lewis for Jacksonville on their winning drive. Leonard was SCREAMING for him to get in position. He didn't, and Lewis beat us for 30 or so, which cost us the game.

I always liked Rhodes but after seeing his craptastic performance in person on Sunday I think he is done as a Jet. He looked like he didn't care out there.

This was bad:

maroney.gif

Him getting run over by Welker was even worse. Unfortunatley I can't find a youtube or gif with of that play.

He also didn't do anything on Maroney's short yardage TD's.

lol, is there anything worse as a defensive player than getting knocked backwards flat on your ass? HE just shuttles into position and then puts his head down and braces to get hit. IS this some kind of new "speed bump" maneuver?

lol, is there anything worse as a defensive player than getting knocked backwards flat on your ass? HE just shuttles into position and then puts his head down and braces to get hit. IS this some kind of new "speed bump" maneuver?

You know whats worse? Maroney is a ***** when it comes to contact but he had no problem going right at Rhodes.

It's amazing how quick people turn on someone.

First off yeah, Maroney dueced Rhodes up, but Rhodes was caught flat footed, and with the way Jets defenders have been getting 2 stepped the last few game would you have rathered Rhodes lunge forward and get shaked for a TD? Rhodes made that stop and gave up what 1 yard falling backwards in stead of forwards. So yeah, it was embarrassing but not that big of a deal.

I know I'm gonna get bashed for defending him, but getting rid of him is the wrong move IMO. It would just be one more position we would have to fill as appose to fixing him. Which shouldn't be too hard.

As far as him commenting about staying here, well I tweeted him the other day about getting out of NY as fast as he could cause Jets fans are the worst fans in pros sports. And he replied with a LOL, I was surprised he replied at all, and definitely didn't think he'd laugh at it. It was pretty much saying yeah, I agree.

First off yeah, Maroney dueced Rhodes up, but Rhodes was caught flat footed, and with the way Jets defenders have been getting 2 stepped the last few game would you have rathered Rhodes lunge forward and get shaked for a TD? Rhodes made that stop and gave up what 1 yard falling backwards in stead of forwards. So yeah, it was embarrassing but not that big of a deal.

I know I'm gonna get bashed for defending him, but getting rid of him is the wrong move IMO. It would just be one more position we would have to fill as appose to fixing him. Which shouldn't be too hard.

As far as him commenting about staying here, well I tweeted him the other day about getting out of NY as fast as he could cause Jets fans are the worst fans in pros sports. And he replied with a LOL, I was surprised he replied at all, and definitely didn't think he'd laugh at it. It was pretty much saying yeah, I agree.

Say what?

Tweet him again and tell him his new nickname is CUPCAKE. He signed on here to play football. So far this year hes been non-existent lol.

I think everyone needs to chill about Rhodes. What he does, he does well and when he gets to a new team and back into the right scheme he's going to be back making plays and all you guys ****ting on him now will be cursing Rex for giving up on him.

Look, Rhodes doesn't hit and he doesn't play well at the line of scrimmage, which are two essential, crucial parts of this Baltimore defense. Rhodes is a poor man's Darren Sharper: he needs to have the freedom to range the back half and strictly play the ball. Darren Sharper is going to get some votes for Defensive Player of the Year because he's in the right system; you put that same player on the Jets, in this scheme, and he'd be getting benches, too. Asking Rhodes to play the same way as Ed Reed was never, ever, ever going to work out, which shows you how smart our management team is.

I think everyone needs to chill about Rhodes. What he does, he does well and when he gets to a new team and back into the right scheme he's going to be back making plays and all you guys ****ting on him now will be cursing Rex for giving up on him.

Look, Rhodes doesn't hit and he doesn't play well at the line of scrimmage, which are two essential, crucial parts of this Baltimore defense. Rhodes is a poor man's Darren Sharper: he needs to have the freedom to range the back half and strictly play the ball. Darren Sharper is going to get some votes for Defensive Player of the Year because he's in the right system; you put that same player on the Jets, in this scheme, and he'd be getting benches, too. Asking Rhodes to play the same way as Ed Reed was never, ever, ever going to work out, which shows you how smart our management team is.

CUPCAKE Rhodes couldnt wash Darren Sharpers or Ed Reeds dirty jock. Asking him to do his job nothing more. What Jets football games have you been watching all season? C MON MAN------------:box:

Pretty much.

Which is why if there's any way to get Eric Berry- you do it.

I call BS. From what I saw on Sunday Rhodes is afraid of contact.

Rex thought he had an Ed Reed and was excited to work with him, sadly

he got DonBoy ODegard, time to cut bait with this pu$$y

Rex thought he had an Ed Reed and was excited to work with him, sadly

he got DonBoy ODegard, time to cut bait with this pu$$y

Oh, yeah. You guys know Kerry's not my type of safety at all and I wouldn't put him on my defense. But, he is a unique talent and hasn't been a bad guy here. We can criticize his play all we want, but the stuff people are saying about him is over the top, IMO. Guy is done already; there's no pride to be taken in kicking a dead dog.

Oh, yeah. You guys know Kerry's not my type of safety at all and I wouldn't put him on my defense. But, he is a unique talent and hasn't been a bad guy here. We can criticize his play all we want, but the stuff people are saying about him is over the top, IMO. Guy is done already; there's no pride to be taken in kicking a dead dog.

Nothing personal, he is stealing money, Lots of money. He should be

tried for robbery:D

Pretty much.

Which is why if there's any way to get Eric Berry- you do it.

I think Berry is a little over-rated, myself. He's a little too slow and is always a little late on the play in the (granted) three games I've watched. Taylor Mays is the guy I want. A killer and a leader.

We arent building a choir here T0mShane this is a football team. We pay players here to play football,something Rhodes has forgotten to do on Sunday afternoons. Kerry the man ok in my book. Kerry the football player SUCKS.

• Upvote 1

Really? Mangini's first year he practically lead the team in sacks and went to the pro bowl i believe. Guy went soft with all this Hollywood talk. Got too pretty for the game. Guy was a beast that first year under Mangini. He got soft.

We arent building a choir here T0mShane this is a football team. We pay players here to play football,something Rhodes has forgotten to do on Sunday afternoons. Kerry the man ok in my book. Kerry the football player SUCKS.

Fair enough, brother.

Really? Mangini's first year he practically lead the team in sacks and went to the pro bowl i believe. Guy went soft with all this Hollywood talk. Got too pretty for the game. Guy was a beast that first year under Mangini. He got soft.

Maybe Eric took Kerrys nut sack with him to Cleveland----------:shutit:

• Upvote 1

Getting a sack off of a safety blitz doesn't make you a great player at the line of scrimmage, Crush-man. Playing in traffic, having the guts to stand in against a pulling guard, reading blocking schemes--those are the things that Reed and Polamalu excel at that Rhodes wants zero part of.

Stop making sense.

I think Jbro is way closer to being on the money than the rest of the board on the Maroney play. What's the big ****ing deal? He made the tackle. Losing a yard or two wasn't a big deal on that play. It's not like that distance was the difference between a first down and a punt. In general, I think the whole team got all fired up to strip Maroney and stopped tackling him.

'

Benching Rhodes is probably a good move and a wake up call for him and some others, but while Rhodes isn't making plays I've seen Leonhard whiff about 5-10 times. I'm talking about completely missing the ballcarrier. Rhodes may be a *****, but at least he's not the only one getting beat.

Getting a sack off of a safety blitz doesn't make you a great player at the line of scrimmage, Crush-man. Playing in traffic, having the guts to stand in against a pulling guard, reading blocking schemes--those are the things that Reed and Polamalu excel at that Rhodes wants zero part of.

Well then I think its safe to say we want zero part of Rhodes than.

You stay on his dick.

BTW, Eric Smith is God awful, no way in hell do i think he's better than Rhodes

I think Jbro is way closer to being on the money than the rest of the board on the Maroney play. What's the big ****ing deal? He made the tackle. Losing a yard or two wasn't a big deal on that play. It's not like that distance was the difference between a first down and a punt. In general, I think the whole team got all fired up to strip Maroney and stopped tackling him.

'

Benching Rhodes is probably a good move and a wake up call for him and some others, but while Rhodes isn't making plays I've seen Leonhard whiff about 5-10 times. I'm talking about completely missing the ballcarrier. Rhodes may be a *****, but at least he's not the only one getting beat.

THANKYOU!

You stay on his dick.

BTW, Eric Smith is God awful, no way in hell do i think he's better than Rhodes

Yeah, I'm defending the guy.

No he hasn't played well. He's having the worst year of his career. Am I on his dick for defending him, I guess so if you feel that way. Sorry for being a bit rational, thinking things out and not jumping overboard like the rest of you.

I apologize.

Yeah, I'm defending the guy.

No he hasn't played well. He's having the worst year of his career. Am I on his dick for defending him, I guess so if you feel that way. Sorry for being a bit rational, thinking things out and not jumping overboard like the rest of you.

I apologize.

Im not jumping overboard like 'everyone' else, I just stopped giving a fck 3 weeks ago. This season is over and done with anyway. You continuously defend this guy blindly when he has done NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH this season. Sh*t like this makes me feel like it's more personal than just some random opinion of a JET fan, a pretty strong man crush or something.

BTW this thread is pretty much the reason I can't stand the large majority of Jets fans. I'd say 95% of you. It's like 2 or 3 of you that make pretty solid points about something. And then like 30 people pile on and blow things way out of proportion until it becomes the norm.

Its happens in every facet of this team, good things or bad things. It's pathetic.